Inland Empire Dominates Daytona Cubs at Riverview Park
Zach Wright belted a three-run home run, leading the Inland Empire 66ers (Angels Hi-A affilate) to a 9-6 victory over the Daytona Cubs on Field #6, and Ben Carhart ripped an RBI double, singled twice, and score a run, and Trey Martin slugged a solo home run, as the Kane County Cougars (Cubs Lo-A affiliate) and Burlington Bees (LAA Lo-A affiliate) played to a 6-6 10-inning tie on Field #3, in Cactus League Minor League doubleheader action this afternoon at the Under Armour Performance Center at Riverview Park in Mesa, AZ.
Rock Shoulders was the DH for Kane County on Field #3 for eight innings, and then he walked over to Field #6 (which is adjacent to Field #3) and played LF for Daytona for two innings.
Here are the box scores from the two games played today at Riverview Park (Cubs players only):
KANE COUNTY LINEUP:
1. Rashad Crawford, LF: 0-4 (E-5, K, K, F-9, CS)
2. Danny Lockhart, 2B: 0-4 (F-8, F-8, 1-3, F-7)
3. Trey Martin, CF: 1-4 (F-9, 5-3, HR, 5-3, R, RBI)
4. Rock Shoulders, DH #1: 2-4 (1B, 4-3, K, 2B, R)
5. Jacob Rogers, 1B: 1-4 (K, 4-3, F-7, 1B, R)
6. Rony Rodriguez, RF: 1-2 (1B, BB, 6-3, F-8 SF, R, RBI)
7. Ben Carhart, C: 3-4 (K, 1B, 1B, 2B, R, RBI)
8. Jesse Hodges, 3B: 1-4 (K, 1B, L-9, K, R)
9. Will Remillard, DH #2: 1-3 (BB, 1B, K, 6-3, RBI)
10. Varonex Cuevas, SS: 1-3 (4-6-3 DP, 1B, 3-1, 2 RBI, SB)
KANE COUNTY PITCHERS:
1. Tyler Skulina: 4.2 IP, 5 H, 2 R (2 ER), 3 BB, 2 K, 1 HBP, 1 WP, 2 GIDP, 8/2 GO/FO, 70 pitches (37 strikes)
2. James Pugliese: 2.1 IP, 4 H, 2 R (2 ER), 1 BB, 1 K, 3/3 GO/FO, 19 pitches (13 strikes)
3. Zack Godley: 2.0 IP, 2 H. 0 R, 1 BB, 0 K, 1 GIDP, 4/2 GO/FO, 27 pitches (16 strikes)
4. Scott Frazier: 1.0 IP, 0 H, 2 R (2 ER), 3 BB, 2 K, 3 WP, 1/0 GO/FO, 26 pitches (10 strikes)
KANE COUTY ERRORS: 1
SS Varonex Cuevas - E-6 (fielding error allowed batter to reach base safely)
KANE COUNTY CATCHERS DEFENSE:
Ben Carhart: 2-2 CS
KANE COUNTY OUTFIELD ASSIST:
CF Trey Martin - threw out batter 8-5 trying to stretch single into double
1. David Bote, 3B-RF: 2-4 (2B, L-6, F-9, BB, 1B, R, SB)
2a. Tim Saunders, DH #1: 0-4 (F-7, E-6, E-6, K, 2 R, 2 SB)
2b. Tyler Alamo, PH: 0-1 (6-4-3 DP)
3a. Yasiel Balaguert, RF-DH: 1-2 (F-7 SF, 2B, 6-3, 2 RBI)
3b. SLOT WAS SKIPPED FOURTH TIME THRU BATTING ORDER
4. Marco Hernandez, SS: 1-3 (F-8, K, BB, 1B, R)
5. Gioskar Amaya, 2B: 0-3 (6-3, K, BB, 6-3, R)
6a. Shawon Dunston Jr, LF: 1-3 (F-8, P-6, 1B, 2 RBI)
6b. Rock Shoulders, LF: 1-1 (1B)
7a. Justin Marra, DH #2: 0-2 (3-U, K)
7b. Jordan Hankins, PH-3B: 0-0 (BB, HBP, R)
8. Cael Brockmeyer, 1B: 2-4 (6-3, 6-3, 1B, 1B, 2 RBI)
9. Jacob Hannemann, CF: 0-4 (1-3, K, K, F-8)
10a. Lance Rymel, C: 0-3 (K, K, 5-3)
10b. SLOT WAS SKIPPED FOURTH TIME THRU BATTING ORDER
1. Jose Rosario: 4.1 IP, 8 H, 5 R (5 ER), 2 BB, 4 K, 1 HR, 1 WP, 5/3 GO/FO, 81 pitches (46 strikes)
2. Starling Peralta: 1.2 IP: 3 H, 2 R (2 ER), 2 BB, 2 K, 1/1 GO/FO, 36 pitches (21 strikes)
3. Zach Cates: 2.0 IP, 2 H, 1 R (1 ER), 1 BB, 2 K, 1 WP, 3/0 GO/FO, 34 pitches (18 strikes)
4. Justin Amlung: 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 0 K, 1/2 GO/FO, 7 pitches (4 strikes)
DAYTONA ERRORS: 3
C Lance Rymel - E-2 (overthrow on SB attempt at 2nd base allowed runner to advance to 3rd base)
C Lance Rymel - E-2 (overthrow on SB attempt at 3rd base allowed runner to score)
P Zach Cates - E-1 (errant throw on pickoff attempt at 1st base allowed runner to advance to 2nd base)
DAYTONA CATCHERS DEEFENSE:
Lance Rymel: 1-6 CS, 2 E (see above), 1 PO
DAYTONA OUTFIELD ASSISTS:
RF David Bote - threw out baserunner 9-5 trying advance to 3rd base after errant pickoff attempt at 1st base
Rick Renteria was a great idea! Seriously! I feel bad for the guy, although it happened the way it had to.
Hey, whatta bout me?
....and Theo thought EJax, Sveum and Ricky were good ideas. Win some, lose some.
I thought he was better than Archer?
/f u Hendry
The Padres signed RHP Trey McNutt to a minor league contract...
Yeah, she's a good egg. The whole superdelegate thing is shady as fuck though.
the perks of being a
big fundraisermodel representative citizen.
honestly, though...the dnc could do worse and she's involved in all kinds of dem party stuff.
I didn't realize Laura Ricketts is a superdelegate.
pretty much...also agree that it wouldn't surprise me to see him land with the cubs, too.
the trade to free up room for him would be interesting.
it would help if he didn't play such a mixed-bag CF. he's anything but sure out there with his wacky routes.
the O's are favored because of links for weeks and they're about to land y.gallardo (giving up that draft pick).
holy crap...j.mejia got busted AGAIN for PEDs.
3rd time...lifetime ban.
at one point he was the "closer of the future" (and the actual closer) for the mets. 26 years old. unreal.
I agree with what you said, but isn't it so weird that the White Sox are not linked to Fowler? They seem like an ideal fit.
oddly...or not...fowler's been strongly linked to the O's lately.
Olmos takes another 40 man roster Roulette bullet. The new lefty will be gone when Fowler comes back.
seen him in the minors...rather boring lefty. really slow secondary stuff (very slow slider) and a fastball that barely hits 90 on a good day.
The Cubs have claimed C.J. Riefenhauser LHP on waivers from the Orioles. Edgar Olmos was again DFA.
They should have someone standing behind him to take the ball out of his glove when he's looking for a sign from the catcher, and throw to first. I vote for Baez. That way he can cover the rest of the infield, too.