Inland Empire Dominates Daytona Cubs at Riverview Park
Zach Wright belted a three-run home run, leading the Inland Empire 66ers (Angels Hi-A affilate) to a 9-6 victory over the Daytona Cubs on Field #6, and Ben Carhart ripped an RBI double, singled twice, and score a run, and Trey Martin slugged a solo home run, as the Kane County Cougars (Cubs Lo-A affiliate) and Burlington Bees (LAA Lo-A affiliate) played to a 6-6 10-inning tie on Field #3, in Cactus League Minor League doubleheader action this afternoon at the Under Armour Performance Center at Riverview Park in Mesa, AZ.
Rock Shoulders was the DH for Kane County on Field #3 for eight innings, and then he walked over to Field #6 (which is adjacent to Field #3) and played LF for Daytona for two innings.
Here are the box scores from the two games played today at Riverview Park (Cubs players only):
KANE COUNTY LINEUP:
1. Rashad Crawford, LF: 0-4 (E-5, K, K, F-9, CS)
2. Danny Lockhart, 2B: 0-4 (F-8, F-8, 1-3, F-7)
3. Trey Martin, CF: 1-4 (F-9, 5-3, HR, 5-3, R, RBI)
4. Rock Shoulders, DH #1: 2-4 (1B, 4-3, K, 2B, R)
5. Jacob Rogers, 1B: 1-4 (K, 4-3, F-7, 1B, R)
6. Rony Rodriguez, RF: 1-2 (1B, BB, 6-3, F-8 SF, R, RBI)
7. Ben Carhart, C: 3-4 (K, 1B, 1B, 2B, R, RBI)
8. Jesse Hodges, 3B: 1-4 (K, 1B, L-9, K, R)
9. Will Remillard, DH #2: 1-3 (BB, 1B, K, 6-3, RBI)
10. Varonex Cuevas, SS: 1-3 (4-6-3 DP, 1B, 3-1, 2 RBI, SB)
KANE COUNTY PITCHERS:
1. Tyler Skulina: 4.2 IP, 5 H, 2 R (2 ER), 3 BB, 2 K, 1 HBP, 1 WP, 2 GIDP, 8/2 GO/FO, 70 pitches (37 strikes)
2. James Pugliese: 2.1 IP, 4 H, 2 R (2 ER), 1 BB, 1 K, 3/3 GO/FO, 19 pitches (13 strikes)
3. Zack Godley: 2.0 IP, 2 H. 0 R, 1 BB, 0 K, 1 GIDP, 4/2 GO/FO, 27 pitches (16 strikes)
4. Scott Frazier: 1.0 IP, 0 H, 2 R (2 ER), 3 BB, 2 K, 3 WP, 1/0 GO/FO, 26 pitches (10 strikes)
KANE COUTY ERRORS: 1
SS Varonex Cuevas - E-6 (fielding error allowed batter to reach base safely)
KANE COUNTY CATCHERS DEFENSE:
Ben Carhart: 2-2 CS
KANE COUNTY OUTFIELD ASSIST:
CF Trey Martin - threw out batter 8-5 trying to stretch single into double
1. David Bote, 3B-RF: 2-4 (2B, L-6, F-9, BB, 1B, R, SB)
2a. Tim Saunders, DH #1: 0-4 (F-7, E-6, E-6, K, 2 R, 2 SB)
2b. Tyler Alamo, PH: 0-1 (6-4-3 DP)
3a. Yasiel Balaguert, RF-DH: 1-2 (F-7 SF, 2B, 6-3, 2 RBI)
3b. SLOT WAS SKIPPED FOURTH TIME THRU BATTING ORDER
4. Marco Hernandez, SS: 1-3 (F-8, K, BB, 1B, R)
5. Gioskar Amaya, 2B: 0-3 (6-3, K, BB, 6-3, R)
6a. Shawon Dunston Jr, LF: 1-3 (F-8, P-6, 1B, 2 RBI)
6b. Rock Shoulders, LF: 1-1 (1B)
7a. Justin Marra, DH #2: 0-2 (3-U, K)
7b. Jordan Hankins, PH-3B: 0-0 (BB, HBP, R)
8. Cael Brockmeyer, 1B: 2-4 (6-3, 6-3, 1B, 1B, 2 RBI)
9. Jacob Hannemann, CF: 0-4 (1-3, K, K, F-8)
10a. Lance Rymel, C: 0-3 (K, K, 5-3)
10b. SLOT WAS SKIPPED FOURTH TIME THRU BATTING ORDER
1. Jose Rosario: 4.1 IP, 8 H, 5 R (5 ER), 2 BB, 4 K, 1 HR, 1 WP, 5/3 GO/FO, 81 pitches (46 strikes)
2. Starling Peralta: 1.2 IP: 3 H, 2 R (2 ER), 2 BB, 2 K, 1/1 GO/FO, 36 pitches (21 strikes)
3. Zach Cates: 2.0 IP, 2 H, 1 R (1 ER), 1 BB, 2 K, 1 WP, 3/0 GO/FO, 34 pitches (18 strikes)
4. Justin Amlung: 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 0 K, 1/2 GO/FO, 7 pitches (4 strikes)
DAYTONA ERRORS: 3
C Lance Rymel - E-2 (overthrow on SB attempt at 2nd base allowed runner to advance to 3rd base)
C Lance Rymel - E-2 (overthrow on SB attempt at 3rd base allowed runner to score)
P Zach Cates - E-1 (errant throw on pickoff attempt at 1st base allowed runner to advance to 2nd base)
DAYTONA CATCHERS DEEFENSE:
Lance Rymel: 1-6 CS, 2 E (see above), 1 PO
DAYTONA OUTFIELD ASSISTS:
RF David Bote - threw out baserunner 9-5 trying advance to 3rd base after errant pickoff attempt at 1st base
FYI, formatting of the web page is weird.
Now who can argue with that? I think we're all indebted to Gabby Johnson for clearly stating what needed to be said. I'm particularly glad that these lovely children were here today to hear that speech. Not only was it authentic frontier gibberish, it expressed a courage little seen in this day and age.
White Sox new stadium name w apropos logo
it was between that and "more like the CRUNCH REALLY EARLY AM REPORTER because i'm gonna c.r.e.am all over this place."
i chose the classy route.
This picture is everything.
that was the 2nd greatest piece of performance art since Donald Trump's campaign
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good shit go౦ԁ sHit👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌shit right👌👌there👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯 i say so 💯 thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌👌🎩👓🎩👍🎩👓🎩👍🎩 euphoric logic !euphoric loGic👌 thats ✔ some euphoric👌💻 logic right👌💻there👌👍👌 Carl 🔭 Sagan🌌💫if i do ƽaү so gentlemen 💯 i say so 💯 thats euPhoric logic right there Richard 📒 Dawkins🎩 (chorus: socrates died for this shit) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👓👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌🎩 👌 💯 👌 👓🎩🎩🎩 👍👌euphoric logic slam me the FUCK uP 👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 john cena JOhN cEna
You can start the CRUNCH EARLY AM REPORTER. Then you can blog to yourself, and argue with yourself about Jon Lester.
my current job has me coming in at 7am (eastern)...i miss staying up til 2am to watch west coast games.
Remember when west coast road trips were a good time to catch up on some reading?
Taboola field is more appropriate.
we can only hope...
The things you have to do to pay for James Shields contract.
I wonder if they'll have to make use of the Guaranteed Rate logo, which is a giant red arrow pointing downward.
unsurprisingly, the White Sox continue a tradition of stupid stuff....
@DannyEcker BREAKING: Guaranteed Rate has purchased naming rights to U.S. Cellular Field. Will be known as Guaranteed Rate Field thru 2030.
that was a very kind 3rd strike to hendricks to end the 3rd.
man on 3rd, 0 outs and got 2 pop-ups and a K...Maddux-lite indeed
how did Fowler not score from 2nd on a double?
by making bad decisions...