NEIFI! Update

They've updated the All-Star voting and our boy NEIFI! is still off the radar. What are you people waiting for? Spread the word! I know some of you have season tickets, bring a sign, do what it takes. NEIFI! needs you!!! At the moment, here is where our Cubbies stand.... 1B - Derrek Lee (2nd place - 209,356 votes behind Albert Pujols) 2B - Todd Walker (4th place - 456,209 behind Jeff Kent) SS - Nomar Garciaparra(3rd place - 37,728 behind Cezar Izturis) 3B - Aramis Ramirez (2nd place - 266,216 behind Scott Rolen) C - Michael Barrett (3rd place - 405,864 behind Mike Piazza) OF - Corey Patterson (10th place) and Jeromy Burnitz (13th place) By the way, Michael Barrett is currently leading all NL catchers in OPS, although he doesn't have enough at-bats to technically qualify. Aramis is 4th in OPS among 3rd basemen behind Morgan Ensberg, David Wright and just behind Troy Glaus. So go vote NEIFI!, Stud-Lee, Aramis and Barrett. It's your duty as a Cubs fan.

Comments

"Stud-Lee" ... way too gay.

Hi, long time reader of the site, first time posting. I have tickets to 3 Cubs Games for the 4th of July Weekend.

Thursday June 30th Sec. 523 Row 8 $14 Each 2Tix
Friday July 1st Sec 538 Row 1 $17 Each 2Tix
Saturday July 2nd Sec 229 Row 19 $30 Each 2 Tix

I am selling these tickets for face value, my original plan was a Cubs Road Trip, but a family commitment came up so i'm stuck waiting until the Cubs visit Philly in August to see the cubs in person. If you are interested in any of these seats or have any questions; please feel free to email me at [email protected].

spam

Ok, I realize that Neifi has played above everyone's expectations and this has been especially important considering the injury to Nomar. However, Neifi is not an all-star. He is currently sixth in the NL in VORP at SS (including the injured Barmes) and he has been streaky all season at the bat. His defense has been good, but he has also muffed some important plays. He is now 4 for his last 29, with 1 BB in that space of times and his OBP is .325. The fact that Baker has Perez and Patterson batting 1-2 in front of Lee precludes any talk of Baker as a manager of any consequence greater than John McGraw's corpse.

I'll spear your eye with a toothpick, son.

• I have a lot of faith in Baez that he's going to turn into a more consistent, solid player. It looks like it took him about a half season or so of futility at the plate to figure out he was not talented enough to get away with the crazy approach he had. I think his running game will eventually have a more measured aggression.

• I hope the D and bullpen show up. Cubs haven't had much luck against Davies, and he's been going well lately. A little uncomfortable with the Cards only 6.5 back--feels like they're right on our tails compared to the 11 game lead I've grown accustomed to.

• Cardinals, stop that. Right now.

• In a year or two, a lot of fans are going to point at trading him as a mistake. He'll probably be slashing something like 280/400/480 for Seattle at the time. Of course, by WAR, he'll still be worth less than 3, since we're talking zero defensive value.

John Beasley 4 hours 29 min ago view
  • vogelbomb debut for tacoma (AAA SEA)... 3-3, 1bb, 1 HR, 1 double...DH'd.

while he mostly played 1st considerably more than DH for AAA CHC, DJ Peterson is probably going to see most of the time at 1st for AAA SEA.

• Carl Jr.! Very nice!

Baez with another "WTF?" play trying a delayed steal with a runner on 3rd and one out.. Remarkable talent, needs to make better decisions.

• m.montgomery up in the pen with a man on 2nd, 2 out, and rondon 20 pitches into the inning.

...and rondon ends it 22 pitches in with a popout to RF.

• I gotta say with the crappy defense the Brewers have displayed outside of Fowler I'm pretty disappointed the offense hasn't shown more and Rizzo seems to be very swing happy lately. That said my god am I happy Madden has finally given Carl Edwards a chance after multiple times up with nothing. I don't think he could handle a starting role with his body frame but his stuff plays so well in a relief role and he seems to be able to handle high stress situations very well.

• 2nd at bat. Fowler is good for the Cubs run differential.

Cubster 16 hours 42 min ago view
  • welcome back fowler.

• More slow news...

Did Davey Martinez have to bring the shotgun?

Cubster 17 hours 30 min ago view
  • glad to see almora going to AAA to get work.

.265/.291/.422 through 86PA...2hr, 7 doubles.

i don't expect too much of an improvement when he's taking over CF next year, but the team doesn't really need him right now as much as they need him to get regular work (imo).

• CHITOWNMVP01: The Cubs MLB Reserve List (40-man roster) has had one slot open since 7/6 (when RHRP Joel Peralta was Designated for Assignment).

Arizona Phil 19 hours 57 min ago view
  • The problem with the September roster is all of the pitching changes. They should find a way to limit pitchers to twelve except for extra inning games. More pinch hitters or pinch runners do little to slow the game down and are more fun than endless calls to the bullpen. I also think the fans get cheated when they use position players to pitch because employed a half dozen pitchers with righty-lefty switches. Having as few as four positions players on the bench to start a game also leads to some pretty ugly defensive substitutions.

Non Roster Invitee 20 hours 8 min ago view
  • CHITOWNMVP01: Joe Nathan's 30-day Article XIX-C minor league rehab assignment expires tomorrow, but he doesn't have to be reinstated from the 60-day DL tomorrow.

Arizona Phil 20 hours 12 min ago view
  • Also, I think 40 man roster should be full, not at 39, unless I counted wrong. I'm in a hurry to leave the house.

chitownmvp01 20 hours 15 min ago view