Today in Cubs History: 12-19

12-19-2003 - Traded Wilton Chavez to the Montreal Expos. Received Jose Macias. 12-19-2000 - Signed Todd Hundley as a free agent. Think this is bad? Tomorrow isn't any better.

Comments

Dodgers on the rampage--they just signed Kenny Lofton.

they gonna sign a 4/5 pitcher and some bullpen help to go with their bats?

Definitely Da Bears!!!

Why is it that the two articles I've seen talking about how much the Cubs want Jones are both from Min? If there's really that much interest, why isn't Chitown reporting it? Otherwise, is it just straight rumor/bs/spin/generating buzz that really isn't there for a guy that used to play there?? (It would help in his negotiations with KC for sure)

12-19-2003 - Traded Wilton Chavez to the Montreal Expos. Received Jose Macias.

12-19-2000 - Signed Todd Hundley as a free agent.

A dark day indeed.

*** Dodgers on the rampage--they just signed Kenny Lofton. ***

When your big-market team finishes fourth in your division, it calls for drastic measures. Oh, wait...

If you want to do Lee, I suggest opening with 3 years and 35 mil with 5 mil up front. I'd go as high as 41 mil with 7 mil up front. (In our case, since it's win now, I'd do 10 mil deferred instead of the signing bonus.) So, he gets his 9.5 in 6; in 7, 8 an 9 he gets 12 then we pay him 3.33 for the next three. Rebuild or reload, I don't freaking care. Lock Lee though the early thirties or look stupid.

Nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing could be worse than Todd Hundley and Jose Macias. We'll see tomorrow.

12/20/02 Cubs sign LHP Shawn Estes to one-year contract.

yuck.

• Even from an on-field perspective, Torres is a 19-year-old beating up High-A pitching who also plays a great SS. Even if he never develops a legit MLB power stroke, he's still an obvious 4-tool guy with a very high floor. Sucks to trade away his next 6-8 years for a closer, albeit a great one.

John Beasley 1 hour 14 min ago view

pretty much sums up my feelings

• You mean Yankees?

QuietMan 7 hours 27 min ago view
  • Cards lose!

Arizona Phil 7 hours 53 min ago view

billybucks 8 hours 46 sec ago view

• I just prefer they don't  acquire players that choke their wives/girlfriends.

• I'd prefer it not happen too.

• Still don't want. Kinda hope they can't work out the extension.

• obviously not, and I'm sure they did their homework...just hope they have some better answers than the Yankees

• Chapman 12+ Career WAR. Currently 4.7:1 k-BB. With Rondon/Chapman/Strop/Nathan/Montgomery/Wood...Its the best pen I can recall other than Sutter or Lee Smith handling things themselves.

Its gonna suck if he gets injured, and it appears he's not the greatest of characters.

But, he'll have another Cuban to hang out with on the team.