Open Thread: Fire Transmission

For all those who would rather shoot the messenger.

Comments

Hear, Hear!!

reloading

FOR THE WIN!

Absolutely.

Dude, you still work here?

Dude, you still post here?

I took a more or less six-month uninterrupted LOA, to finish the dissertation. I've been contributing, quite regularly, for the last several weeks.

Funniest article I've ever seen here. Of course, I don't come here as often as a lot of you. Nice job, though.

Are you sure you haven't been fired yet, Trans?

I mean, sure you are still posting, but maybe they've fired you and they are waiting until Friday to fire you?

waiting until friday to tell you that is.

Pretty sure. I've slept with so many people in pursuit of clawing my way onto the front page, they wouldn't dare fire me, now.

I can just imagine myself going on an ax-wielding rampage through TCR Central HQ, in LOCATION CENSORED BY ECHELON

Ax as in lumberjack implement, not as in that stupid body-spray...

Fire McFail.........Keep Transmission

I can say this, I've been fired once and it was on a Friday.

I can also say one of my co-workers just got axed a week ago, and that also happened to be on a Friday.

Good thing if they do fire you, you long haired granola eating Badger!

So all you have to do is sleep with someone to get onto the front page? Who would that be? Or should I just try to make love to my keyboard? again

"So is the Friday Firing thing legit? They fire you on a Friday so that you have the weekend to cool down, and not do something rash like take a weapon into the office the next day?"

I took a class this semester in Organizational Communications and that is exactly what they do.

this is the only thread i will read.

instead of firing you on friday, they should just move your office to the storage room. And remove you from the payroll. It will take care of itself then. Slow and steady, no pain.

What would you steal from work if they fired you?

wait...is TRANSMISSION a 5 speed or 6 speed?

Trans, some body!, we need a new discussion thread for today's game.

trans, Be wary if someone comes in and takes your stapler. another sure sign is if they move extra boxes into your office as storage. Or worse yet is if they move your office into the basement. That happened to my uncle Milton before he retired to the tropics.

I'm going to assume Rob G or Ruz is doing the preview....

What would I steal from the TCR Secret World HQ?

Probably the inflatable Don Zimmer.

(And yes, I catch the Office Space references.)

yeah, transmission......I gonna need you to go ahead and ....... do this next preview......... and ......Im also going to need you to do it on saturday.........so if you could just come on in on saturday.......... and sunday to.......great.....

It's about time someone had the balls to come out and post a "Fire Transmission" thread. Good job Trans.

I say keep Trans....at least he adds some comedy on parachat

...wait, he's a Badger- sheesh! (Go Gophers)

Transmission is a big fraud who poops his pants.

HAH! Ok, Ok, Fire Trans thread wins for comedy-per-post ratio, over the other three open threads.

• Phil, do Marquez and Ocampo look like prospects?

Hagsag 2 hours 26 min ago view
  • It helps when your defense has declared war against the H in WHIP.

Still impressive.

John Beasley 2 hours 28 min ago view
  • Lackey finishes with a 3.35 ERA. Currently good for 13th in the NL. Not bad for a guy signed to be a #3 starter in a 15-team league.

He is also 6th in WHIP. Pretty amazing: Cubs have the #2, #3, #5 and #6 starters in WHIP.

• Completely meaningless game, but Pena striking out Sean the Turd to with the bases loaded was very fun.

Other than one bad game in SD, Pena has been very good. Even with that game, 9.0 IP, 13 K, 0.89 WHIP.

• 101 wins...most since 1910 (104).

neat. ...or sad. pick one. pick both. 'murica.

• Just looked up Grimm's stats -- after a great run, he gave up 2 runs vs. MIL then didn't pitch for 10 days. Don't remember why?

• Sean Rodriguez's helmet looks like it's taking a dump

jacos 9 hours 49 min ago view
  • Grimm not doing himself any favors lately re: making the playoff squad. Seems to have lost the feel for his curveball.

• j.grimm is literally worse than hitler.

felix pena, your turn.

• it's been a while since joe's over-managed a game...it's gotta feel good for him to be back in the saddle making people's scorecards look like their pens blew up.

• Fuck a bench spot on the playoff roster, Coghlan is competing to bat cleanup.

John Beasley 12 hours 58 min ago view
  • barely any...especially for an evening game. place looks 1/2 full at best to start the game.

• Listening on the radio. Are there any fans in the stands at all?

Brick 13 hours 29 min ago view
  • "An MRI taken Monday on the right side of Jorge Soler showed no major damage."

• rare air though if he can keep it under 2. Sounds like Maddon already made up his mind though and Hendricks seems like the sort that would want to earn it. Guessing he gets a quick hook if he's still under 2 after 5 innings.

Fwiw, he can give up 1 ER in 5 innings (or more) and still be under 2. If he gives up 2 ER, he would need throw 9 IP to keep it under 2. 1 ER in 4 IP would give him an ERA of exactly 2.

In terms of WAR, it's still Scherzer by a lot (6.4), then Cueto (5.6), Lester (5.5), Kershaw (5.5), Roark (5.4), and then Hendricks (5.1)

• Boring lineup tonight in terms of guys trying to reach milestones -- no KB (40 HR), Addy (100 RBI) or JHey (can he keep it going?), and Lackey isn't really going for anything, plus the team has already reached 100 wins. I get the "rest" thing, although they will have 4 days off after Sunday, but....bleh.