Open Thread: Fire Transmission

For all those who would rather shoot the messenger.

Comments

Hear, Hear!!

reloading

FOR THE WIN!

Absolutely.

Dude, you still work here?

Dude, you still post here?

I took a more or less six-month uninterrupted LOA, to finish the dissertation. I've been contributing, quite regularly, for the last several weeks.

Funniest article I've ever seen here. Of course, I don't come here as often as a lot of you. Nice job, though.

Are you sure you haven't been fired yet, Trans?

I mean, sure you are still posting, but maybe they've fired you and they are waiting until Friday to fire you?

waiting until friday to tell you that is.

Pretty sure. I've slept with so many people in pursuit of clawing my way onto the front page, they wouldn't dare fire me, now.

I can just imagine myself going on an ax-wielding rampage through TCR Central HQ, in LOCATION CENSORED BY ECHELON

Ax as in lumberjack implement, not as in that stupid body-spray...

Fire McFail.........Keep Transmission

I can say this, I've been fired once and it was on a Friday.

I can also say one of my co-workers just got axed a week ago, and that also happened to be on a Friday.

Good thing if they do fire you, you long haired granola eating Badger!

So all you have to do is sleep with someone to get onto the front page? Who would that be? Or should I just try to make love to my keyboard? again

"So is the Friday Firing thing legit? They fire you on a Friday so that you have the weekend to cool down, and not do something rash like take a weapon into the office the next day?"

I took a class this semester in Organizational Communications and that is exactly what they do.

this is the only thread i will read.

instead of firing you on friday, they should just move your office to the storage room. And remove you from the payroll. It will take care of itself then. Slow and steady, no pain.

What would you steal from work if they fired you?

wait...is TRANSMISSION a 5 speed or 6 speed?

Trans, some body!, we need a new discussion thread for today's game.

trans, Be wary if someone comes in and takes your stapler. another sure sign is if they move extra boxes into your office as storage. Or worse yet is if they move your office into the basement. That happened to my uncle Milton before he retired to the tropics.

I'm going to assume Rob G or Ruz is doing the preview....

What would I steal from the TCR Secret World HQ?

Probably the inflatable Don Zimmer.

(And yes, I catch the Office Space references.)

yeah, transmission......I gonna need you to go ahead and ....... do this next preview......... and ......Im also going to need you to do it on saturday.........so if you could just come on in on saturday.......... and sunday to.......great.....

It's about time someone had the balls to come out and post a "Fire Transmission" thread. Good job Trans.

I say keep Trans....at least he adds some comedy on parachat

...wait, he's a Badger- sheesh! (Go Gophers)

Transmission is a big fraud who poops his pants.

HAH! Ok, Ok, Fire Trans thread wins for comedy-per-post ratio, over the other three open threads.

• if they dont win at least 130 games this season they can pack it all up, turn wrigley into a concert venue, and move the damn team to san jose.

#Bernie130orBust

crunch 1 hour 29 min ago view
  • I see where catcher Cael Brockmeyer was promoted to Tennessee a couple of days ago, to fill a roster spot vacated by David Freitas, recently promoted to Iowa. Caratini is the other catcher at Tennessee.

VirginiaPhil 1 hour 33 min ago view
  • They've already clinched a minimum winning percentage of .607 for the month, and that's only if they lose the last 2 games. If they win both, they can push that up to .679. So much for "stumbling" in May. When you're winning over 60% of your games, you're doing baseball well.

John Beasley 2 hours 46 min ago view
  • If the best walk-off hit possible is a solo home run in a zero-zero game--Eloy did it tonight!

(But maybe it's a grand slam when your team is down three? He didn't do that.)

Number eight for Jimenez. His team is 31-17. Yesterday they scored 17 runs against Lansing. Two weeks ago it was 15 runs against the same team. This is a nice team, South Bend. The Cubs must have had a good draft last year.

Tonight the pitchers were Sands, Brooks and Effross.

VirginiaPhil 2 hours 53 min ago view
  • RIP Zoobrest.

• He'll be fine. He's not some wimpy young pup.

• In all seriousness the Cubs have the fewest amount of games played in the NL which means they're gonna be facing quite the grind later on including 24 games in a row at the end of June and beginning of July so I hope he does get a few days off.

• Meh. He only got one hit today. Maybe give him a rest?

• 34-14...awww yeah.

• Good thing the Cubs have five left-handed batters in the lineup. Velasquez is just tearing thru the righties [edit - doesn't seem to faze Bryant!]

Eric S 9 hours 46 min ago view
  • ben zobrist gets to ride up front tonight cause he's a good guy at sports.

cubs with a 5 run lead and a lackey shutout through 3ip \m/

• HAGSAG: I have not seen Joe Nathan out on the field, but he is supposedly at the UAPC.

Arizona Phil 13 hours 16 min ago view
  • ERIC S: Best outing I've ever seen from Manny Rondon, and I've seen most of his outings since the Cubs got him from the Angels.

M. Rondon is competing with six others (Dylan Cease, Bryan Hudson, Jose Paulino, Pedro Silverio, Jesus Castillo, and Erling Moreno) for a starting slot at Eugene, and (as you can probably tell from the EXST box scores)  the competition has gotten fierce over the last couple of weeks, With the exception of Moreno, the Eugene SP candidates have upped their game lately, and M. Rondon's outing yesterday was especially impressive/dominating.

Arizona Phil 13 hours 19 min ago view
  • E-MAN: Pierce Johnsion was mixing a 92-94 MPH fastball with a plus-change-up AND curve, and he threw strike-after-strike-after-strike with all three of his pitches. I believe that was the best command and pitch-efficiency I've ever seen from Johnson, who often pitches from behind in the count and issues too many walks.

Of course now he has to avoid a recurrence of the lat strain (whch he has had previously in his career) as well as all of the other miscellaneous physical problems he's had over the last three years (hamstring, quad, back, etc).

Arizona Phil 13 hours 29 min ago view
  • PHIL: Any movement on P. Johnsons pitches? What was his "out" pitch? I know he was working on a 4th pitch, so wondering what he is looking like these days. Thanks.

• AZ Phil, has Nathan showed up in Mesa yet? Thanks.

Hagsag 18 hours 57 min ago view