Open Thread: Fire Transmission

For all those who would rather shoot the messenger.

Comments

Hear, Hear!!

reloading

FOR THE WIN!

Absolutely.

Dude, you still work here?

Dude, you still post here?

I took a more or less six-month uninterrupted LOA, to finish the dissertation. I've been contributing, quite regularly, for the last several weeks.

Funniest article I've ever seen here. Of course, I don't come here as often as a lot of you. Nice job, though.

Are you sure you haven't been fired yet, Trans?

I mean, sure you are still posting, but maybe they've fired you and they are waiting until Friday to fire you?

waiting until friday to tell you that is.

Pretty sure. I've slept with so many people in pursuit of clawing my way onto the front page, they wouldn't dare fire me, now.

I can just imagine myself going on an ax-wielding rampage through TCR Central HQ, in LOCATION CENSORED BY ECHELON

Ax as in lumberjack implement, not as in that stupid body-spray...

Fire McFail.........Keep Transmission

I can say this, I've been fired once and it was on a Friday.

I can also say one of my co-workers just got axed a week ago, and that also happened to be on a Friday.

Good thing if they do fire you, you long haired granola eating Badger!

So all you have to do is sleep with someone to get onto the front page? Who would that be? Or should I just try to make love to my keyboard? again

"So is the Friday Firing thing legit? They fire you on a Friday so that you have the weekend to cool down, and not do something rash like take a weapon into the office the next day?"

I took a class this semester in Organizational Communications and that is exactly what they do.

this is the only thread i will read.

instead of firing you on friday, they should just move your office to the storage room. And remove you from the payroll. It will take care of itself then. Slow and steady, no pain.

What would you steal from work if they fired you?

wait...is TRANSMISSION a 5 speed or 6 speed?

Trans, some body!, we need a new discussion thread for today's game.

trans, Be wary if someone comes in and takes your stapler. another sure sign is if they move extra boxes into your office as storage. Or worse yet is if they move your office into the basement. That happened to my uncle Milton before he retired to the tropics.

I'm going to assume Rob G or Ruz is doing the preview....

What would I steal from the TCR Secret World HQ?

Probably the inflatable Don Zimmer.

(And yes, I catch the Office Space references.)

yeah, transmission......I gonna need you to go ahead and ....... do this next preview......... and ......Im also going to need you to do it on saturday.........so if you could just come on in on saturday.......... and sunday to.......great.....

It's about time someone had the balls to come out and post a "Fire Transmission" thread. Good job Trans.

I say keep Trans....at least he adds some comedy on parachat

...wait, he's a Badger- sheesh! (Go Gophers)

Transmission is a big fraud who poops his pants.

HAH! Ok, Ok, Fire Trans thread wins for comedy-per-post ratio, over the other three open threads.

• When we played the Reds with Chapman, I always thought of it as an eight-inning game. So now other teams have eight innings to try to get a lead against the Cubs. Should be a challenge, assuming three or four Cubs ever start hitting again.

I don't really try to get to know and like these players personally. I'm rooting for laundry, for the most part. Exceptions might be when a player makes trouble in the clubhouse or in the dugout. (Zambrano and Bradley come to mind. Also Papelbon.) But I don't think Chapman is one of those jerks.

VirginiaPhil 3 hours 3 min ago view
  • Unfortunately, a pretty good summary. It looks like next year Heyward will be getting yet another batting stance adjustment.

The recent good news has been Baez. I'm afraid about the next league adjustment on him, though, which is probably right around the corner.

Bryant I don't worry about too much. Just not seeing the ball well right now. He'll turn it around. Russell's been good with men in scoring position all year and he's 22ish. He'll be fine but next year is likely to be his breakout year.

• If Travis' back-to-back-to-back walks cost Hendricks the ERA title, that would really suck.

• Edit: "A lifeless loss to a lousy Sox team."

• This place is a real downer after a loss to the Sox.

• I expect they will go 5-9 games above .500 the rest of the year. 96-98 wins will win the Division.

They should have one more 2-3 week hot streak in them.

However, several players are just "average" for the last month: Zobrist, Ross, Russell, Ceasar. Montero is terrible, plus he cannot throw anyone out. -WAR. Heyward is abysmal at the plate, but a plus in the OF. Still with RISP he has been terrible. KB has not been driving in runs as of late. But Apparently the team is still above average with RISP according to S Sahadev.

• I came to that realization tonight. I kept expecting them to play better, but now I realize they aren't going to. They are a .500 team now.
    - They have one reliable starting pitcher. Jake's magic is gone, and it doesn't look like it's coming back. Lester has been lousy recently. Lackey's ERA goes up every time he pitches.
    - Heyward has been dead weight all year. I can't remember a single series where he was a significant offensive contributor. Not one. Great defense, but but if he were hitting .270 with 10 HR and played average defense, the Cubs would be better off.

• new rule...no one's allowed to throw k.bryant a changeup

• Team is .500 since early May and is playing like a .500 team. Lack of offense seems to be putting a lot of pressure on the pitchers...and they aren't handling it terribly well.

.500 the rest of the way still may win the division though.

blockhead25 15 hours 29 min ago view
  • ...i hate espn.

nothing like settling into a cubs game to get a few minutes cutaway for an ortiz AB in the 6th inning of the det/bos game.

oh, at least they're doing split screen now...i guess.

• I'm liking this rookie Nathan.

CTSteve 15 hours 46 min ago view
  • Richard DFA'd. Meh...

• Throwbacks with fashionable cutouts would be a nice touch.

• The next 2 games are nationally televised. I think we dominate tonight, hitting 3 HRs off Shields. Great night for KB to end HR drought facing HR prone pitcher in one of the most hitter friendly parks in the league.

chitownmvp01 21 hours 42 min ago view
  • If the ball didn't deflect off the pitcher's mound, the game wouldn't have ended. Montgomery did miss his location though, but if that same contact was made and went in any of direction, good chance of ground out if it doesn't get through.

If it was 1 night later, Chapman would be out there and we probably would be going to extras.

Also, If KB wasn't robbed of a HR, perhaps we would have won. We will never know. Nice play by Melky though.

chitownmvp01 21 hours 44 min ago view
  • The comparison isn't Chapman replacing Rondon. It's Chapman replacing Richard (hopefully) in the pen. Chapman's better.