Don't believe what you're hearing on Entertainment Tonight, Access Hollywood, or reading in the NY Post or Daily Mirror or Weekly World News. To set things straight, once and for all.
* No, the Parachat party hasn't been cancelled due to fire-code violations
* No, we aren't letting Mariotti be the DJ
* No, it's not true that Neifi Perez is threatening to sue us for libel or slander if we go through with the Parachat party
* No, the VIP section of the Parachat Club is not a ghost subsidiary of the Tribune
* No, the gift-bags you will receive upon entry are not taxable income, the IRS can not go after you for whatever baubles you might receive at the party.
* Yes, we've done thorough background check on ALL of the Hell's Angels that we hired for private security.
* To the best of our knowledge, no, participating in this event does not make you an "enemy combatant."
* Yes, Augie Ojeda will be serving drinks.
* Yes, we turned away Paris Hilton, and yes, we got a restraining order on Joan and Melissa Rivers to keep them 1000 feet away.
I hope this clears up any confusion. See you in Parachat on Sunday.