Invitation Update

Don't believe what you're hearing on Entertainment Tonight, Access Hollywood, or reading in the NY Post or Daily Mirror or Weekly World News. To set things straight, once and for all.
* No, the Parachat party hasn't been cancelled due to fire-code violations * No, we aren't letting Mariotti be the DJ * No, it's not true that Neifi Perez is threatening to sue us for libel or slander if we go through with the Parachat party * No, the VIP section of the Parachat Club is not a ghost subsidiary of the Tribune
ft-bags you will receive upon entry are not taxable income, the IRS can not go after you for whatever baubles you might receive at the party. * Yes, we've done thorough background check on ALL of the Hell's Angels that we hired for private security. * To the best of our knowledge, no, participating in this event does not make you an "enemy combatant." * Yes, Augie Ojeda will be serving drinks. * Yes, we turned away Paris Hilton, and yes, we got a restraining order on Joan and Melissa Rivers to keep them 1000 feet away. I hope this clears up any confusion. See you in Parachat on Sunday.

Comments

I'm bringing the tacos.

I'll bring the jacos.

"Who's fighting and what for?!?!?!
C'mon people!!!"

"Give my friend Sammy one of those special jacos."

Brick-

I think that's what was Sammy's excuse to leave the last game early in 2004.

Bad jacos.

This is one party that I would definitely volunteer to bring the beer!! Blue Moon anyone?

What are we going to talk about, Da Bearss!

thanks for the tease, Jacos.

for those too lazy to follow the link - he is resigned to the fact that he likely is not coming back.

Oops! I couldn't resist considering this thread has been fun.

Did anyone foul themselves?

Can I still come to the party?

my fault, I'm being the killjoy in the fun-thread that *I* started.

I think if anyone gets uninvted from the party, it should be me.

~sigh~

Carry on without me. Be sure to give Kristin Bell a peck on the cheek for me, in my absence.

Is Tara Reid gonna be there? Cause I ain't going unless Tara Reid is there.

i for one would pay $ 5.00 american to see the hell's angels "escort" andy mac fool and jim hendry off the premises. not that they would actually drop in on parachat; but every 100 years or so, miracles do happen !

perhaps the best scenario is that the cubs game gets rained out, and we can pass around imaginary bottles of virtual liquor and virtually sing imaginary beerhall songs. with no concern at all for the neighbors or the clock !!

I'll bring Anna Benson.

One last Neifi dig- what's the Tigers' record with /without Neifi?

#14 of 15: By DC Tom (September 29, 2006 06:38 PM)
I'll bring Anna Benson.

be sure to bring some penicillin as well.

#15: One last Neifi dig- what's the Tigers' record with /without Neifi?

The Neifi Effect:

79-43 on August 19
Neifi traded to Tigers August 20
95-64 as of September 29

16-21 since August 20 (37 games)

Whaddya mean one last Neifi dig? What's parachat for anyway?!?

• early tim tebow stuff rolling in...

ran a 6.7 60yd (above average)...shagging flies in RF and showed off a rather impressive arm...

live batting practice to come soon.

crunch 13 min 33 sec ago view
  • LHP Clayton Richard (released by the Cubs earlier this month) is pitching very well as a starting pitcher for the San Diego Padres and could be a good candidate to get traded to a contender looking for a veteran SP before tomorrow night's post-season roster eligibility deadline.

Because they released him, the Cubs are paying most of Richard's 2016 salary (the Cubs are on the hooks for $2M, minus the pro-rated portion of the MLB minimum salary that is paid by the Padres).

Arizona Phil 1 hour 38 min ago view
  • it is honestly awesome (for real) that anyone would even have a strong opinion on AZL playoffs. i guess if you invest enough time watching it, you want to see a fair/just playoff structure.

plus, the kids deserve it.

crunch 1 hour 39 min ago view
  • The AZL team with the best record over the course of the full 2016 AZL season and the only AZL team to play .600 ball (the AZL Dodgers) did not qualify for the AZL playoffs, and the AZL East Division team with the best record over the course of the full season (the AZL Athletics) did not qualify for the AZL playoffs, either.

That's because of the ridiculous "split season" schedule most of the minor leagues now play, a stupid system that rewards mediocrity at the expense of the worthy.

Arizona Phil 1 hour 45 min ago view
  • Despite good movement on his fastball, I think location kept him from getting Ks. Left some pitches up and away that got hammered up and away. Then of course Travis Wood gave up the 2-run double in the 7th, but both runs counted against Arrieta.

• "i'm gonna make you my main squeeze one day, bro. save the date."

This level of discourse is #charming.

#baseballtalk

Tito 2 hours 22 min ago view
  • I would be having this discussion with anyone who (a) blathered on ad nauseum about the topic. (See, "Olt, Mike, not given an opportunity") or (b) responded directly to what I posted (which you did).

Have a nice day.

#baseballtalk

Tito 2 hours 25 min ago view
  • what would you do without me? aside from having your posting content here cut by 75%+?

i'm gonna make you my main squeeze one day, bro. save the date.

• In this instance, yes, I care more about the result of this big thing that isn't really a big thing.

#crunchsplaining

#willlistentojeffsullivanmorethanyou

#blessyourheart

#hitler

#tcrmartyr

#billyhamiltonwar

#baseballtalk

Tito 2 hours 29 min ago view
  • Two things:

Fangraphs WAR #s include baserunning and Hamilton is elite at that. He leads in SBs with the 54 and and has an 87% rate which is really good. I'm sure once he gets on base he's able to take the extra base quite often too. Both those things will up his overall WAR value.

The differences between BR and FG WAR is pretty well documented online and thus If there are discrepancies it's fairly easy to figure out why. It's fairly well accepted that BR WAR is fine as a snapshot but FG is better at predicting future value.

• i have no doubt at all you quit reading at that point. you're very enamored with outcomes without caring what it takes to get there.

the fact it's exploitable, especially without someone to cover the running game for him, as well it's evolution in how people are testing possible exploits is interesting to some people...to me...i'm some people...hurrah.

some people want to check the boxscore to see who won, some want to know how it went down.

• I read it as him saying it's not really that much of a concern and that the one time it really cost Lester, vs. K.C., was an anomaly.

#baseballtalk

Tito 2 hours 51 min ago view
  • if jeff says it, it's cool...when i say it, it's straight from the mouth of hitler.

aside from the lack of jeff touching on the insane leads runners take and lester's inability to throw if he's fielding, this is a lot of what i've said about the issue.

exploitable, needs his own personal catcher to control his shortcomings, relies on his ability to get outs along with his personal catcher keeping runners in check before things become further exploited...

• That would be Rice Krispy Treat

• "Crunch's cousin"

Butterfinger or Baby Ruth?

VirginiaPhil 4 hours 25 min ago view
  • I saw the first three innings and the last three, so I didn't see Arrieta get hit. His stuff looked nasty at first...what happened? Any insight from anyone who watched?

#baseballtalk