I really didn't intend to do one of these again today as there isn't much news and I was working on something else, but the comments have gotten out of control on the last post so I'm going to shut those down and hope cooler heads will prevail.
Bruce Miles of The Daily Herald answered some message board fodder over at Northside Baseball.
A lot of interesting stuff he touches on. A few of the hot topics:
- He says the Score report yesterday doesn't jive with his sources and his people tell him it will likely go down to Nov 11th. Stresses the whole two sides to the negotiation and that Kinzer and Co. are going to milk this for everything it's worth.
- Kinzer is part of Adam Katz's agency and last time they signed Aramis, Katz swooped in the last minute with a lot of changes and sweeteners.
- Cubs are warming up to OBP as Miles stated that Pierre's low OBP got the Cubs' attention.
- Out clause was a Macphail creation at the last minute
- Hendry probably trusted Ramirez and agent's stated desire
to stay a little too much.
- Rumor has that Soriano wants a full no-trade clause and the Phils are quite reluctant to offer that, preferring a limited no-trade clause.
- Lee Elia resigned from the O's citing a desire to spend time with his family. He may take a scouting gig or something but doesn't want a job requiring lots of travel.
- Cleveland and San Francisco are being talked about as destinations for Gary Sheffield.
- Angles are making a run at Gary Matthews Jr., the White Sox and Cubs are rumored as well.
- And in a sad note, Joe Randa has retired.
Let's remain calm everyone, it's just baseball.