Just a few things that I've been meaning to mention.
- In case you haven't heard the Cubs are up for sale. Also, the Earth is round, Ryne Sandberg retired and Sammy Sosa was traded. The two most intriguing candidates to emerge so far are Mark Cuban and us....the fans. 4 Fans Sake is the site
and I encourage you visit them before brushing off the idea.
If you scoff at the notion that the fans of a team could own a major sports franchise, you should be reminded of the Green Bay Packers
, who just happen to have the MLB commissioner on their leadership board
. Is it a longshot? Sure...but I leave you with these words from Robert Morgan:
"...a legitimate revolution must be led by, made by those who have been most oppressed:..."
Who's been more oppressed in baseball than Cubs fans?
- Of course, if you prefer the Cubs to be lead by an ultra-competitive billionaire with a bit of a crazy streak, there's Mark Cuban. You may have noticed the ad in the right sidebar from TCR Founder Christian Ruzich who's selling the cleverly mocked up Cubs logos that read Cuban
at his Spreadshirt store. Support the Revolution! You can also read his musings on life in Harrisburg, PA and whatever else he fancies at his blog, The Dilettante's Dilemma
- A number of fine folks have emailed me over the recent months about their blogs or Cubs articles they've written. I do apologize if I never got back to you and I don't want them to think I was just brushing them off. Life's just been a bit chaotic lately and I just haven't had the time to visit all the fine sites. So I extend a digital olive branch to all those I may not have gotten back to and wanted to briefly mention the following sites.
- If pictures of attractive women and rants by Dave Stewart are your thing
, this is the place for you. They also have a free Fantasy Sportbook you can play
which looks interesting.
Rob Blackstein -
Rob's all over the fantasy landscape, from his own site to Rotoworld to Creative Sports
and a few others sprinkled in between. He's emailed links to a few Cubs articles I neglected to get up and we collaborated briefly last year on a newsletter for Creative Sports that I was unfortunately unable to keep up this year.
Ted Lilly Fan Club -
Nothing like a healthy man-crush on one of your favorite pitchers. You've probably seen TLFC in the comments or the game chats and he scored major bonus points with TCR when he called out Paul Sullivan for dissing us a few weeks ago.
Seamless Baseball -
I'm just bringing this site up since I'm beating the fantasy guru currently in our H2H MVN roto league. Suck it, loser! But Derek Nelson (who happens to be a Cubs fan) does a fantastic job over there along with his partner, Edwin Van Bibber-Orr.
And don't forget about frequent commentator Carlos Rubi's site at The Transaction Guy
that he shares with a few others and our fine minor league site here at MVN, Road to Wrigley.
- And welcome to our newest full-timer, Dr. Joseph Hecht AKA Cubster in the comments. He'll continue to provide us with his excellent medical reports and I'm sure whatever other Cub commentary he wishes to articulate upon.