The Nominees For...

The folks over at Cubscast are doing something they've deemed "The Strodes". A little off-season diversion to recognize some of the best Cubs websites out there. Here are the categories:

Best Cubs Blog – Individual Author
Best Cubs Blog – Multiple Author
Best Cubs Site - Overall - Non-Blog
Best Cubs Rumor Site
Best Cubs Player Site
Best Cubs Humor Site
Best Cubs Merchandise/Memorabilia/Clothing Site
Excellence in Diction – Best Original Cubs-Related Word or Phrase
Lifetime Achievement Award

I mentioned it in the comments yesterday and we've already gotten some readers to nominate us for Best Cubs Site - Multiple Authors, Excellence in Diction (Cubbery) and the Lifetime Achievement Award for Arizona Phil.

While Chad's "Cubbery" sure seems like a runaway winner for Excellence in Diction, I do want to also mention Transmission's "womacked", as in "He really womacked the hell out of that ball". There's probably a few more out there like the Ryan Dempster Experience and so forth, but I'll let you guys do the pimping. "The Joe" nominated Carrie Muskat's mailbag column for Best Humor Site, which I thought was a nice touch.

Also, if you feel that we should be nominated for another category, we'd certainly appreciate it. And of course, if you feel other sites on the world wide web deserve a nomination, drop it in the comments over there.

----------

Also want to menton that Chicago Magazine put us in their top 171 Chicago websites. There were only about 7 other sports-themed sites mentioned and us and GoatRiders of the Apocalypse were the only two that feature mostly Cubs content. Here's the blurb on us:

"Curse, banter, and sound off about how this might be the year at The Cub Reporter, MVN.COM/MLB-CUBS, featuring Cubs-related news, rumors, updates and commentary from bloggers like "Arizona Phil", "Transmission," and "Cubnut."

First, I find it amusing that they must have stumbled onto us during this escapade. Second, apparently me and the good doctor are chopped liver, or, more likely we need more amusing pseudonyms. I'm either going with "Ryn-O-mite!" or "Rob G-Funk" (as suggested by Transmission).
----

In Cubs news, Roch over at the Baltimore Sun says that talks with the Cubs and Orioles are still "active". And we have a random radio rumor that the Cubs and Red Sox have chatted about Coco Crisp.

Otherwise, I vote for Haiku Wednesday in the comments..

Tags: