Podcast Appearance

It was a long day at the Long Beach County Courthouse today for me, fulfilling my civic duties (that woman was guilty the second I saw her).  So I didn't have time to put up the link for my podcast appearance on "The Pitch" with Joe Aiello (of "The View from the Bleachers" fame) from yesterday.  We chat about the upcoming season and the role of midgets in baseball. I'm going to assume it's rather unbearable to listen to me drone on, but I know it's hard to resist watching the car wreck on the side of the road.

Enjoy...

Comments

• I'm sure she'll knock it out of the park.

Old and Blue 1 hour 39 min ago view
  • Nice article on Willson Contreras in the DesMoines Register

Cubster 2 hours 1 min ago view
  • Julianna Zobrist will sing national anthem (Memorial Day) at Wrigley today.

Tribune interviews her...

Cubster 2 hours 5 min ago view
  • Any word on Neil Ramirez?? Today is his 10th day where they have had to have done something with him, or are they not count today because it is a holiday??

cubbies.4ever 3 hours 51 min ago view
  • if they dont win at least 130 games this season they can pack it all up, turn wrigley into a concert venue, and move the damn team to san jose.

#Bernie130orBust

• I see where catcher Cael Brockmeyer was promoted to Tennessee a couple of days ago, to fill a roster spot vacated by David Freitas, recently promoted to Iowa. Caratini is the other catcher at Tennessee.

VirginiaPhil 13 hours 26 min ago view
  • They've already clinched a minimum winning percentage of .607 for the month, and that's only if they lose the last 2 games. If they win both, they can push that up to .679. So much for "stumbling" in May. When you're winning over 60% of your games, you're doing baseball well.

John Beasley 14 hours 40 min ago view
  • If the best walk-off hit possible is a solo home run in a zero-zero game--Eloy did it tonight!

(But maybe it's a grand slam when your team is down three? He didn't do that.)

Number eight for Jimenez. His team is 31-17. Yesterday they scored 17 runs against Lansing. Two weeks ago it was 15 runs against the same team. This is a nice team, South Bend. The Cubs must have had a good draft last year.

Tonight the pitchers were Sands, Brooks and Effross.

VirginiaPhil 14 hours 47 min ago view
  • RIP Zoobrest.

• He'll be fine. He's not some wimpy young pup.

• In all seriousness the Cubs have the fewest amount of games played in the NL which means they're gonna be facing quite the grind later on including 24 games in a row at the end of June and beginning of July so I hope he does get a few days off.

• Meh. He only got one hit today. Maybe give him a rest?

• 34-14...awww yeah.

• Good thing the Cubs have five left-handed batters in the lineup. Velasquez is just tearing thru the righties [edit - doesn't seem to faze Bryant!]

Eric S 21 hours 40 min ago view
  • ben zobrist gets to ride up front tonight cause he's a good guy at sports.

cubs with a 5 run lead and a lackey shutout through 3ip \m/

• HAGSAG: I have not seen Joe Nathan out on the field, but he is supposedly at the UAPC.

Arizona Phil 1 day 1 hour ago view