- Tickets for individual games at Wrigley went on sale today. A look through the comments of the previous thread indicate it's as hellacious as ever. Once the home of Bleacher Bums and nuns from DeKalb, it's now just a scalpers heaven. Sigh.
- Lou Piniella seems to be seeing the same things
that our pal Arizona Phil is
, suggesting that the Fuk might end up batting third with Soriano and Theriot at the top of the order and Lee and Ramirez following him.
- You can also listen to a Lou's
appearance on the Mike North show from this morning. I haven't had a chance to listen to it, but I believe he talks a little about the batting order, the closer job, and Hendry working on some deals...with all the vagueness you should expect.
- If you're still interested in joining a low-key fantasy league
with some fellow TCR readers, drop me an email
. We already filled up one league, but I have quite a few names that are still interested and would love to open up a second league.
- I received an email from someone calling themselves "Joe Lunchbuckett" (how fantastic would that be if that was his real name?). Mr. Lunchbuckett is taking it upon himself to try and organize the Cubs masses into buying Wrigley Field. I don't believe there's any relation to the fan effort to buy the Cubs
, but I thought I'd give him his 15 minutes. You can view his press release
by following the link (Google Docs is fantastic by the way).
Enjoy the weekend...