EXST Giants drub EXST Cubs
The EXST Giants put up a six spot in the bottom of the 1st inning en route to a 12-7 victory over the EXST Cubs at Indian School Park Field #2 in Scottsdale this morning.
RHP Jose Pina, rehabbing at Extended Spring Training from 2007 TJ surgery, did not get out of the 1st inning, allowing four runs on three hits and a walk before being relieved.
RHP Dionis Nunez followed, and he was just as bad, allowing four more runs on seven hits and a walk. He was saved further damage thanks to two Giants runners getting thrown out trying to take an extra base.
On offense, Nelson Perez hit a three-run home run over the RF fence in the top of the 5th that cut the Giants lead to 8-7, but the Cubs were unable to score any more runs over the last five innings.
In EXST Cubs news, Cubs Player Development Director Oneri Fleita will be in town this weekend, presumably to help determine who goes to Boise, who might get advanced to Peoria, and who stays at Fitch Park for the summer. (And maybe who gets released). To that end, the EXST Cubs were thrilled to find out that they will be having a special extra workout at Fitch Park this coming Sunday (Sunday is normally a day off).
Here is today's abridged box score (Cubs players only)...
NOTE: Although the Giants won the game in regulation, 10 innings were played to allow pitchers to get extra work.
1. Cesar Salazar, LF: 1-4 (R, BB, SB, GIDP)
2. Marwin Gonzalez, SS: 1-5 (2 R, SB, GIDP)
3 Carlos Perez, DH #1: 0-2 (K)
4. Kyler Burke, 1B: 1-5 (R, 2 K)
5. Nelson Perez, RF: 1-4 (HR, 3 RBI, R, K)
6. Roberto Sabates, C: 1-4 (3B, RBI, R)
7. Kevin Soto, CF: 1-4 (RBI, 2 K)
8. Starlin Castro, 3B: 2-3 (2B, BB)
9. Alvaro Sosa, DH #2: 0-4 (K)
10. Jose Made, 2B: 2-4 (R, K)
NOTE: DH #1 Carlos Perez only batted when he wasn't otherwise occupied warming up a relief pitcher in the bullpen
1. Jose Pina - 0.1 IP, 3 H, 4 R, (4 ER), 1 BB, 0 K
2. Dionis Nunez - 2.2 IP, 7 H, 4 R (3 ER), 1 BB, 2 K (1/3 GO/FO)
3. Julio Pena - 3.0 IP, 4 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 2 K, 1 GIDP (3/4 GO/FO)
4. Arik Hempy - 2.0 IP, 3 H, 3 R (3 ER), 0 BB, 2 K, 1 HR (2/2 GO/FO)
5. Jon Mueller - 2.0 IP, 1 H, 1 R (1 ER), 1 BB, 2 K (4/0 GO/FO)
ERRORS - 3
1. Roberto Sabates: E-2, overthrew 3rd base attempting to pick runner off base, runner scored.
2. Starlin Castro: E-5, overthrew 2nd base trying to throw out batter-runner attempting to advance to 2nd base after play at 3rd base, runner scored.
3. Starlin Castro: E5, overthrew 1st base on infield single, allowing batter-runner to reach 2nd base
1. LF Cesar Salazar threw out runner 7-5 trying to advance from 1st to 3rd on single to LF.
2. RF Nelson Perez threw out batter-runner 9-6-5 trying to stretch a double into a triple.
CATCHERS DEFENSE AGAINST THE RUN
Roberto Sabates: 0-1 CS
Temperature in the upper 80's, clear & cloudless, light breeze.
Well noted. You may also note that Lester's Career Playoff ERA is almost a full point lower, and he has a lower WHIP as well.
Can't have everything, I guess.
i'm happy enough with the Lester signing, but Scherzer has more than earned the extra money so far. If he was in the rotation instead of Lester, this team would feel practically bulletproof to me.
Blaspheme maybe, but I think Scherzer is the best pitcher in the NL right now.
Maddon was pimping Russell for Gold Glove honors recently as a manager should do...
Here's some defensive numbers:
- Crawford (22.2)
- Seager (16.9)
- Cozart (14.2)
- Hechavarria (13.5)
- Russell (12.4)
- B. Crawford 2.3
- Russell 2.0
- Hechavarria 1.7
- N. Ahmed 1.6
- Z. Cozart 1.5
13.C. Seager 0.7
.978 FP, 11 E, 333 A, 162 PO, 562 Chances, 4.27 RF, 72 DP Turned
Let me guess: Land of Contusion? Puppet Prez Reagan mistakenly blows the world up due to a bum thumb?
Favorite Genesis video
Twitterverse reporting that Almora's examination by a hand specialist went okay, it's still just a hand contusion.
Attaboy, Eloy! Jimenez named Midwest League MVP and Best Prospect.
FYI, formatting of the web page is weird.
Now who can argue with that? I think we're all indebted to Gabby Johnson for clearly stating what needed to be said. I'm particularly glad that these lovely children were here today to hear that speech. Not only was it authentic frontier gibberish, it expressed a courage little seen in this day and age.
White Sox new stadium name w apropos logo
it was between that and "more like the CRUNCH REALLY EARLY AM REPORTER because i'm gonna c.r.e.am all over this place."
i chose the classy route.
This picture is everything.
that was the 2nd greatest piece of performance art since Donald Trump's campaign
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good shit go౦ԁ sHit👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌shit right👌👌there👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯 i say so 💯 thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌👌🎩👓🎩👍🎩👓🎩👍🎩 euphoric logic !euphoric loGic👌 thats ✔ some euphoric👌💻 logic right👌💻there👌👍👌 Carl 🔭 Sagan🌌💫if i do ƽaү so gentlemen 💯 i say so 💯 thats euPhoric logic right there Richard 📒 Dawkins🎩 (chorus: socrates died for this shit) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👓👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌🎩 👌 💯 👌 👓🎩🎩🎩 👍👌euphoric logic slam me the FUCK uP 👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 john cena JOhN cEna
You can start the CRUNCH EARLY AM REPORTER. Then you can blog to yourself, and argue with yourself about Jon Lester.