Game 74 Thread / White Sox @ Cubs (1 of 3)

Game Chat

SP *John Danks SP *Ted Lilly
  4-4, 2.90, 61 K, 24 BB, 80.2 IP
7-5, 4.76, 83 K, 31 BB, 85 IP

SS Orlando Cabrera CF *Kosuke Fukudome
C *AJ Pierzynski SS Ryan Theriot
LF Carlos Quentin 1B Derrek Lee
RF Jermaine Dye 3B Aramis Ramirez
C #Nick Swisher CF Geovany Soto
3B Joe Crede RF Mark DeRosa
2B Alexei Ramirez LF Matt Murton
CF Brian Anderson 2B Ronny Cedeno
P *john Danks P *Ted Lilly

Comments

Dear Bats-

WAKE UP!!

Sincerely,

Billybucks

Thank you!

Murton AND Cedeno starting at the same time.
Revolving leadoff men.

Pheh! 2006 all over again.

Wow -- Cedeno is, unfortunately, back to his old self. 4-for-22 in June, K-ing on a regular basis. C'mon, Ronnie -- remember the good old days of April/May.

??!?!!!!!

attaway aramis!

win streak win streak

...and Kerry Wood is now 4-1----the most wins he's had since 2004 when he made 22 starts and won 8.

WOOHOO!!!!!

Linebrink: "God damnit!"

Hawk: *Silence*

Cubs fans: Woo!

Gotta love it.

In the words of Bruce Wolf, "Boom Shaka Laka!"

Nice way to start the weekend

Anybody revive Ron Santo yet?

home wins...

I caught the replay on WGN with Hawk and DJ, they replayed 4 times.

No sound from Hawk and DJ

ALl you can hear is the "Go CUBs Go" song sung by fans.

After 30 seconds of silence, Hawk curtly says "will be back"

Go to commericial.

Yeah, I think Uecker said it better last year after ARam's walkoff vs. the Brew Crew. "Here's the pitch...Ramirez just won the game for the Cubs..gone." Remember that?

Grab some bench, Harrelson.

I love A-Ram walk-offs.

• Hmmm, my math might be fuzzy but if he retired 3 batters with 3 pitches, how did he get a 1/1 GO/AO ratio?

bradsbeard 1 hour 5 min ago view
  • Pls DFA Peralta when Richard comes back. Richard 1 IP, O R, O ER, 0 BB, 2 Ks in first rehab appearance. We really need to trade for a LHRP.

chitownmvp01 1 hour 22 min ago view
  • "The Boston Red Sox were banned from signing any international players for the next year and had five of their teenage prospects declared free agents on Friday after a Major League Baseball investigation showed they circumvented signing-bonus rules last year, a source familiar with the situation told Yahoo Sports."

Rob Richardson 5 hours 2 min ago view
  • The thing with Heyward is its not just free agency. He is way under performing his career #s. He's making the same % of contact but his soft contact is much higher and hard contact much lower than all his previous years so there is something very specifically going on this year causing the issues. Chances are he will eventually get back to his previous #s and it's better to get the slump now and get that hot run later but I wish I knew what is different about this year. He's either just not seeing the ball as well or a swing change is causing it.

• Only 3 pitches for Leathersich. Not much of a rehab outing.

Thanks for the reporting Phil.

QuietMan 5 hours 29 min ago view
  • He's the nastiest pitcher I've seen in awhile. I'm gonna give them all a mulligan on this one.

Coghlan's strike out was more disappointing. He was fighting off a lot of pitches and not swinging at crap, and on the last pitch, he swung at stuff he was laying off, and struck out.

And Heyward, too. I don't blame Heyward - I blame free agency. I hate it. You almost never get a valid return on the investment.

I look forward to the day when ball players own the teams. The current economics are not sustainable.

• Oh, I'm sure you're right. He's not 27-27 in saves for nothing. But, man, I hope they learned last night that he didn't throw a single pitch in the zone to KB, Contreras or Baez, and they all just kept swinging.

• Sounds like a much better game than last night's fiasco in Flushing.

• I'm pretty sure it looks like a sweet pitch on the way in. How many sinkers like that are there at 98 mph? I agree that they should just do a Lackey and stand their with their bat on their shoulders until he throws a strike next time, but I can see how that's hard to do.

The bullpen, on the other hand, is a mess, and Heyward is starting to piss me off.

• I noticed that too. He's getting to everything, but when he gets right under it on a high flyball he looks uncomfortable

cubbies.4ever 17 hours 30 min ago view
  • Did you expect anything different?

billybucks 18 hours 23 sec ago view
  • Wow, did they blow this game. Stupid plays by the kids in the 7th -- Almora throwing to 3rd instead of 2nd to keep the DP in order (when a DP probably wins the game) and Baez throwing to 3rd (to a backpedalling KB) instead of getting the easy 2nd out at first - cost them the game. Also, Contreras almost throws the ball into RF on a nonexistent pick-off play. And Maddon, for using Peralta in the first place. Did they do a bunch of shots in the dugout before the 7th? Unbelievably bad baseball. I thought Almora had a high baseball IQ?

• men on 2nd/3rd, 0 out...and nothing.

cubs lose :(

• UH OH! RALLY TIME!

• Getting tired of this Heywood weak sauce

jacos 19 hours 15 min ago view
  • Yep, can't say I disagree with that. His first batter and resulting walk was just brutal. Reminded me of a bit of Jacque Jones spiking his throws into the ground from RF.

Eric S 19 hours 24 min ago view