Site News and Downtime

I just wanted to give you guys a heads up that I will be doing a very minor security upgrade to the site at 2:30 PM CST today.The whole process shouldn't take more than twenty minutes. Once finished, I'm pretty sure I've figured out how to keep Chad out of the site permanently.

I kid because I care.

Otherwise, I added a link to our mobile site in the upper navigation bar or you can enter your phone number in the box on the lower right and have the link sent to your cell phone. I've also added a brief shout-out to those who were are top givers during our April donation drive in the lower left sidebar. Finally, reader Wiscgrad provided us with a wonderful resource that lists how the Cubs have faired in All-Star games, award balloting, the Hall of Fame and much more. You can find the link via the "TCR Junk Drawer" in the navigation bar as well.

Tags:

Comments

I meant an hour and there would be a big bug with my tabs and drop-down menus.

(sigh)

it should all be fixed now...except I seem to have lost the numbered comments. That might take a little longer to get back.

anyone with IE7 not seeing the image in the featured post?

and below the CBS ad on the right, is it all white after the stories?

Yep, not seeing image with IE7

I think the server I was pulling from for the image in the upper left featured post was the problem. Does everyone see Len and Bob now?

No idea what's with the CBS ad though. There's suppose to be ads below the story elements, seems to work fine in FF and Safari.

I see Len and Bob.

I see dead people.

I see London, I see France...

• The hot start was nice, but it won't always come easy. It's nice to see them have to work for it every once in a while.

Ryno 1 hour 32 min ago view
  • Hey, AZ, are you as high on DJ Wilson as your pal John Arguello is?

Old and Blue 1 hour 50 min ago view
  • Phil, I just wanted to say thank you for diligently tracking the Cubs prospects in extended spring training and sharing your knowledge with us. It's remarkable how you're able to keep box scores for multiple games at once. I, and I'm sure others here, appreciate the data and insight you provide for us.

K Dub 4 hours 43 min ago view
  • Thanks PHIL.

Boy, that is a nifty K:BB ratio Hudson has going at almost 4:1!

I hope he continues improving.

• And of course the Bucs won again playing AZ (not PHIL). They dont seem to have a problem yet with the bottom feeders.

They picked up 3 games this last week.

I'm looking forward to them coming to the Chi.

• Don't mess with the SI jinx. Since the Javy/Cubs cover came out, he is 2-for-20 with no walks.

• BRADSBEARD: If all three are assigned to Eugene, the Cubs can play Galindo, Paredes, and Paniagua at the same time by moving Paredes between SS-3B-DH, Galindo between 3B-1B-DH, and Paniagua between 1B-LF-DH.

The Cubs like to have their players (including their minor leaguers) learn to play more than one position even if they eventually are projected to settle at one spot, and I suspect that will be reflected at Eugene, with just about everybody who will be assigned there able to play at least two positions.

Arizona Phil 11 hours 40 min ago view
  • Thanks - at least the scorer was consistent

Eric S 11 hours 53 min ago view
  • I don't think the error call was completely out of the blue but the ball took a very bad hop and would have taken a very good play to get it. Same with one of the Stella throws where I think it could have easily been ruled a hit. Neither were cut and dry calls though imo.

• chased a high fastball...

I think his BABIP during his run has been around .950

• Great stuff CubbyBlue!!! I think it inspired today's six spot as well.

Eric S 12 hours 42 min ago view
  • That's all fine and good, but I think it's short-changing the Arrieta-like affect of his beard

Eric S 12 hours 46 min ago view
  • Was the error scored on Zobrist's third ab ruled correctly? Ron was saying that it was a pretty tough chance for the fielder

Eric S 12 hours 55 min ago view
  • Did anybody see that Zobrist strikeout?

That was extremely disappointing.

• Strangest win of the year, and one of the sweetest. Twice I thought it was easily in the bag, then after the first 2 hitters in the 9th I thought all was lost. Big game for Grimm, Strop & Rondon. But, man, those Cards can hit for power.

• Very satisfying, gut-check win today. The beers on the trip back to Chicago are going to taste fantastic.

Eric S 15 hours 22 min ago view