Site News and Downtime

I just wanted to give you guys a heads up that I will be doing a very minor security upgrade to the site at 2:30 PM CST today.The whole process shouldn't take more than twenty minutes. Once finished, I'm pretty sure I've figured out how to keep Chad out of the site permanently.

I kid because I care.

Otherwise, I added a link to our mobile site in the upper navigation bar or you can enter your phone number in the box on the lower right and have the link sent to your cell phone. I've also added a brief shout-out to those who were are top givers during our April donation drive in the lower left sidebar. Finally, reader Wiscgrad provided us with a wonderful resource that lists how the Cubs have faired in All-Star games, award balloting, the Hall of Fame and much more. You can find the link via the "TCR Junk Drawer" in the navigation bar as well.

Tags:

Comments

I meant an hour and there would be a big bug with my tabs and drop-down menus.

(sigh)

it should all be fixed now...except I seem to have lost the numbered comments. That might take a little longer to get back.

anyone with IE7 not seeing the image in the featured post?

and below the CBS ad on the right, is it all white after the stories?

Yep, not seeing image with IE7

I think the server I was pulling from for the image in the upper left featured post was the problem. Does everyone see Len and Bob now?

No idea what's with the CBS ad though. There's suppose to be ads below the story elements, seems to work fine in FF and Safari.

I see Len and Bob.

I see dead people.

I see London, I see France...

• I'm ready for the end of the Miggy era.

Newport 2 min 6 sec ago view
  • he juuuuuuuuuuuuuuuust got there...1st appearance, injury...yow

crunch 27 min 26 sec ago view
  • b.matusz it is.

crunch 29 min 37 sec ago view
  • Oops. Colin Rea leaves the game with injury.

John Beasley 48 min 10 sec ago view
  • Cubs optioned Justin Grimm to Iowa after the game. No corresponding roster move announced yet, but it could be Brian Matusz.

Arizona Phil 49 min 33 sec ago view
  • Marlins with a quick 4 spot vs Jaime Garcia. Osuna HR the highlight.

Cubster 1 hour 27 min ago view
  • Brian Matusz, supposedly he has attachments. Hope it's not like an email with a virus attached.

Cubster 1 hour 40 min ago view
  • One thing to remember about Chapman -- he can be magic, but his ERA is higher than Rondon's this year. 100+ mph is fun, but I'd love to see a few more sliders. I think he enjoys the crowd reaction from 103 mph.

billybucks 1 hour 58 min ago view
  • "Diamondbacks designated RHP Josh Collmenter for assignment."

aww...he was my 2nd favorite crapballer. his control issues are rather severe at the moment.

• haha

• Wow -- Chapman gives up a hit and everything completely caves in. I think the Cubs went into collective shock.

Stolen base with the pitcher holding the ball, WP that should have been caught or blocked, then Russell with a 2-out error on a routine play. Cubs handed them 2 runs. Throw in a Fowler bobble and it was a mess.

Hopefully, that is all out of their system now -- let's get a W tomorrow.

• First time I've ever seen a base running slump -- he's made some poor decisions recently, but I thought it was a great idea to try to score there -- it's not like Heyward was going to get a 2-out hit against a LHP. Sliding feet-first into home is probably the safe (ugh) way to go, but it's hard to get the foot on the plate.

• Yup. He got squeezed (twice) on the first walk, but, when you have one-run lead and the other team is trying to make an out -- take the out.

• Wasn't fun!

Brick 3 hours 53 min ago view
  • Clearly the Cubs need to clear out the farm and trade for another closer

Where's Ed Lynch when you need him?

Eric S 3 hours 55 min ago view
  • Those were more entertaining times.