Site News and Downtime

I just wanted to give you guys a heads up that I will be doing a very minor security upgrade to the site at 2:30 PM CST today.The whole process shouldn't take more than twenty minutes. Once finished, I'm pretty sure I've figured out how to keep Chad out of the site permanently.

I kid because I care.

Otherwise, I added a link to our mobile site in the upper navigation bar or you can enter your phone number in the box on the lower right and have the link sent to your cell phone. I've also added a brief shout-out to those who were are top givers during our April donation drive in the lower left sidebar. Finally, reader Wiscgrad provided us with a wonderful resource that lists how the Cubs have faired in All-Star games, award balloting, the Hall of Fame and much more. You can find the link via the "TCR Junk Drawer" in the navigation bar as well.

Tags:

Comments

I meant an hour and there would be a big bug with my tabs and drop-down menus.

(sigh)

it should all be fixed now...except I seem to have lost the numbered comments. That might take a little longer to get back.

anyone with IE7 not seeing the image in the featured post?

and below the CBS ad on the right, is it all white after the stories?

Yep, not seeing image with IE7

I think the server I was pulling from for the image in the upper left featured post was the problem. Does everyone see Len and Bob now?

No idea what's with the CBS ad though. There's suppose to be ads below the story elements, seems to work fine in FF and Safari.

I see Len and Bob.

I see dead people.

I see London, I see France...

• so...

anyone else ready for the all-star break? =p

it's been a tough past couple weeks...except that reds series. i miss playing the reds. that was cool.

• To take my mind of this latest disaster...wow, I thought baseball money was crazy, but NBA money is now super-wacko crazy. Joakim Noah is 31 with bad knees and absolutely no offensive game. He can't make a layup. The Knicks just agreed to pay him $72M over 4 years. Holy crap.

• "if"?

• Thank you, Jason, for allowing me to get to bed at a decent hour. Very thoughtful.

It will be very interesting to see what Theo does at the deadline. Of course, if Jake doesn't get straightened out, it really doesn't matter. A lot of Jake's comments this year, and his posing for nudie pics in the ESPN magazine, rang some alarm bells -- after one great year (and it was amazingly great), his head has swelled tremendously. Jake, look up the word "hubris", then look in the mirror.

billybucks 7 hours 6 sec ago view
  • ...and we're back from the 3rd rain delay.

• at least the cubs have a decent backup of...ummmm....well the minor league system has...uhhh...hmmm.

maybe adam warren can manage to throw less than 100 pitches in 5 innings? no?

well damn.

• Not to worry -- I'm sure Hammel will finish strong in the 2nd half of the season (~sad chuckle, reaches for Scotch bottle~).

• Hammel has had a rather challenging last month. I am hoping post-break that Hendrix gets pushed ahead of him. They'll be lucky to win a game in NY

• hey, alright...cubs losing by 9 and a 3rd rain delay. awesome.

• If baseball does not work out for Patton, I think he's got a future in Civil War re-enactments. He's got a solid Johnny-Reb look to him.

Eric S 7 hours 47 min ago view
  • David Ross - the mound awaits you.

Eric S 7 hours 55 min ago view
  • RIP jason hammel's awesome ERA.

10 ER in 4ip...almost a full point tacked on tonight, alone. 5HR given up tonight. oogly.

• Nimmo certainly does not want to see the Cubs leave town. His first MLB rbi last night and now his first HR.

At least Hammel is eating some innings ... this is the kind of game Peralta should be used if at all.

Eric S 8 hours 7 min ago view
  • OK, the hell with it.

It's July 1 -- Hammel starting to suck right on schedule.

Other than sweeping the Reds -- a bad team actively trying to lose -- this will make 8 losses in 9 games to good teams (Cards, Marlins, Mets). Not good at all.

• Belicheat a consultant for the Red Sox?

Eric S 8 hours 31 min ago view
  • And, so, Jason Hammel decides to test my new resolution right away. Sheesh.

No Wright, no Duda, no Granderson -- no problem for NY. Ugh.