Game 135 Thread / Phillies @ Cubs (2 of 4)
|SP||Joe Blanton||SP||Rich Harden|
|(NL)||1-0, 4.03, 27 K, 15 BB, 38 IP||(NL)||4-1, 1.47, 70 K, 14 BB, 49 IP|
|SS||#Jimmy Rollins||LF||Alfonso Soriano|
|CF||#Shane Victorino||SS||Ryan Theriot|
|2B||*Chase Utley||1B||Derrek Lee|
|1B||*Ryan Howard||3B||Aramis Ramirez|
|LF||Pat Burrell||CF||*Jim Edmonds|
|RF||Jayson Werth||2B||Mark DeRosa|
|3B||*Greg Dobbs||RF||*Kosuke Fukudome|
|C||Carlos Ruiz||C||Henry Blanco|
|P||Joe Blanton||P||*Rich Harden|
A few aftershocks from last night's game...the come from behind win was the 38th for the Cubs this season, second to the Yankees 39. It was their 19th win when trailing in the seventh inning or later, best in baseball ahead of their current foe - the Phightin Phils.
Today, ex-teammates do battle as Rich Harden and Joe Blanton take the mound. I'm sure a steak dinner at Morton's is on the table for the winner.
Some more game notes fun after the jump...
- Mark DeRosa has an extra base hit in eight straight games. He is only the second Cub to do that since 1956, the other was Derrek Lee last season, who went nine games from April 23-May 4th. He's also the second player in the majors to do it this year, the other being his second base counterpart on the Phillies, Chase Utley.
- The Cubs own the best record in baseball and the best record in baseball since the All-Star break.
- With three games still to play this month, the Cubs have already set their high mark for victories in a month with 19, surpassing their 18 wins in May.
- The Cubs have a 6.5 game lead in the Central, their largest lead in the division since the end of the 1984 season.
- I love this fucking team.
Theo was trying to clear the mess that Hendr left
Rick Renteria was a great idea! Seriously! I feel bad for the guy, although it happened the way it had to.
Hey, whatta bout me?
....and Theo thought EJax, Sveum and Ricky were good ideas. Win some, lose some.
I thought he was better than Archer?
/f u Hendry
The Padres signed RHP Trey McNutt to a minor league contract...
Yeah, she's a good egg. The whole superdelegate thing is shady as fuck though.
the perks of being a
big fundraisermodel representative citizen.
honestly, though...the dnc could do worse and she's involved in all kinds of dem party stuff.
I didn't realize Laura Ricketts is a superdelegate.
pretty much...also agree that it wouldn't surprise me to see him land with the cubs, too.
the trade to free up room for him would be interesting.
it would help if he didn't play such a mixed-bag CF. he's anything but sure out there with his wacky routes.
the O's are favored because of links for weeks and they're about to land y.gallardo (giving up that draft pick).
holy crap...j.mejia got busted AGAIN for PEDs.
3rd time...lifetime ban.
at one point he was the "closer of the future" (and the actual closer) for the mets. 26 years old. unreal.
I agree with what you said, but isn't it so weird that the White Sox are not linked to Fowler? They seem like an ideal fit.
oddly...or not...fowler's been strongly linked to the O's lately.
Olmos takes another 40 man roster Roulette bullet. The new lefty will be gone when Fowler comes back.
seen him in the minors...rather boring lefty. really slow secondary stuff (very slow slider) and a fastball that barely hits 90 on a good day.
The Cubs have claimed C.J. Riefenhauser LHP on waivers from the Orioles. Edgar Olmos was again DFA.