Game 135 Thread / Phillies @ Cubs (2 of 4)
|SP||Joe Blanton||SP||Rich Harden|
|(NL)||1-0, 4.03, 27 K, 15 BB, 38 IP||(NL)||4-1, 1.47, 70 K, 14 BB, 49 IP|
|SS||#Jimmy Rollins||LF||Alfonso Soriano|
|CF||#Shane Victorino||SS||Ryan Theriot|
|2B||*Chase Utley||1B||Derrek Lee|
|1B||*Ryan Howard||3B||Aramis Ramirez|
|LF||Pat Burrell||CF||*Jim Edmonds|
|RF||Jayson Werth||2B||Mark DeRosa|
|3B||*Greg Dobbs||RF||*Kosuke Fukudome|
|C||Carlos Ruiz||C||Henry Blanco|
|P||Joe Blanton||P||*Rich Harden|
A few aftershocks from last night's game...the come from behind win was the 38th for the Cubs this season, second to the Yankees 39. It was their 19th win when trailing in the seventh inning or later, best in baseball ahead of their current foe - the Phightin Phils.
Today, ex-teammates do battle as Rich Harden and Joe Blanton take the mound. I'm sure a steak dinner at Morton's is on the table for the winner.
Some more game notes fun after the jump...
- Mark DeRosa has an extra base hit in eight straight games. He is only the second Cub to do that since 1956, the other was Derrek Lee last season, who went nine games from April 23-May 4th. He's also the second player in the majors to do it this year, the other being his second base counterpart on the Phillies, Chase Utley.
- The Cubs own the best record in baseball and the best record in baseball since the All-Star break.
- With three games still to play this month, the Cubs have already set their high mark for victories in a month with 19, surpassing their 18 wins in May.
- The Cubs have a 6.5 game lead in the Central, their largest lead in the division since the end of the 1984 season.
- I love this fucking team.
Even when logically I know I should root for the Cardinals, I cannot. I think it's worse than the Packers thing. I think it's literally the worst thing.
Kinda weird stat -- the NL has 5 teams that are at least 20 games under -- it was 6 before the Brewers swept the Pirates -- and there are none in the AL. Oakland has the worst record in the AL at 18 under. Hunh.
Jon Lester scored his first career run today. And his 2nd. Now I see why hit bats 8th.
Every Cub starter has scored at least one run so far today, Russell leading the way with 3
Anybody with an over/under on the Cubs getting to 30 runs today?
JD pointing to Javy's minimal leg kick on that blast.
Send bullpen home go get your complete game Lester
Javy with 3 hits, including a home run, and a walk.
Cubs with lowest batting average in MLB but highest walk total in NL, as Rizzo clubs a grand slam
He drew a bases loaded walk early in the game
i hope Baez draws a walk today!
I hope Baez will draw a walk today.
Have a day!!
/another diaper dandy
one of the slowest men in the game is taking a 20+ft lead off 2nd.
i think the "he's working on throwing over" knockdown scare has worn off in the 4th inning.
it keeps working, though. this is at least the 3rd time someone from the club has announced "he's working on throwing over" and the opposing team being cautious the next game. they should do this before every start.
Lester does not get the Michael Jordan treatement from umpires. He really has to fight for his strikes sometimes.
something tells me this isn't godley's day.