Game 136 Thread / Phillies @ Cubs (3 of 4)

Game Chat | Press Pass | BR Preview

SP Brett Myers SP *Ted Lilly

SS #Jimmy Rollins LF Alfonso Soriano
2B *Chase Utley SS Ryan Theriot
LF Pat Burrell 1B Derrek Lee
1B *Ryan Howard 3B Aramis Ramirez
CF #Shane Victorino CF *Jim Edmonds
RF Jayson Werth 2B Mark DeRosa
3B Pedo Feliz RF *Kosuke Fukudome
C Chris Coste C Geovany Soto
P Brett Myers P *Ted Lilly

Comments

Holy crap, Theodore is 13-7 after having that atrocious start this year? Neat.

It would be nice if we could call this one a mulligan and the Pirates beat the Brewers.

I wouldn't be completely shocked to see the Cubs make a move for a right handed pinch hitter. I don't think anyone trusts Ronny Cedeno in a pressure pinch hitting situation. Johnson is usually ok but looked bad swinging at ball 4.

Ah well first loss since the debacle against the Nationals, I'll take it.

No closer to a division title, but looks like Cards are in trouble. Hopefully knock that number down to a 16.

and Pujols homers just as I type that to make it 8-5 Astros headed to the bottom of the 7th.

Remember LATROY HAWKINS striking out three Cubs in a mop-up role shortly after being acquired by the 'Stros? He struck out the side. I chalked it up at the time as a case of the Cubs wanting to get the game over with.

Well, he kept it up. So far in August he's made 13 appearances, pitched 10.0 innings, allowed no runs on 3 hits and struck out 16!

Houston is using him as their set-up man for Valverde. It seems to suit him...

pretty much sums up my feelings

Rob G. 1 hour 51 min ago view
  • You mean Yankees?

QuietMan 1 hour 55 min ago view
  • Cards lose!

Arizona Phil 2 hours 21 min ago view

johann 3 hours 28 sec ago view
  • I just prefer they don't  acquire players that choke their wives/girlfriends.

• I'd prefer it not happen too.

• Still don't want. Kinda hope they can't work out the extension.

• obviously not, and I'm sure they did their homework...just hope they have some better answers than the Yankees

• Chapman 12+ Career WAR. Currently 4.7:1 k-BB. With Rondon/Chapman/Strop/Nathan/Montgomery/Wood...Its the best pen I can recall other than Sutter or Lee Smith handling things themselves.

Its gonna suck if he gets injured, and it appears he's not the greatest of characters.

But, he'll have another Cuban to hang out with on the team.

• I agree with the names you mention but there are lots of names being tossed around still and there's that small matter of Chapman agreeing to the extension.