Cubs and Astros Postpone Two Games

The Cubs will get at least a two game rest after tonight thanks to Hurricane Ike bearing down on the Texas coast. There were thoughts of moving Friday's night game up to a day game and then likely a doubleheader on Sunday. Now it seems like they'll try and get a doubleheader on either Sunday or Monday and one game in on the other day with both teams having a scheduled off day Monday.

So barring any more rainouts, it looks like Saturday will be the last Cubs off day of the regular season. I'm sure Lou will tweak his rotation accordingly and it will likely mean another Sean Marshall start.

Comments

Home and away games now (supposedly) available for all games.

Finally.

It looks like only for the premium... Unless I am missing something.

it is...didn't notice that at first but since I have the premium it wasn't a big deal. Hopefully they add it for everyone next year.

tonight's matchups include Zack Duke vs Roy Oswalt

...so even adding games to the monday schedule means we will not see him vs Astros.

So now Zambrano will miss the Brewers next week. Damn you, Ike.

How about this:

Sunday DH: Zambrano/Marquis
Monday: Marshall
Tuesday: Dempster
Wednesday: Harden
Thursday: Lilly

What a mess. The 3 starters in the first MIL series will track to pitch the 3 games in the second MIL series, so it's like one of those logic puzzles.

Parachat for the brewcrew/phils?

I thurr

• Rob Richardson 2 min ago view
  • Martinez is one of my least favorite pitchers in baseball. I'd love to see a game like yesterday's against him.

Send Soler down!

Old and Blue 55 min 56 sec ago view
  • Awesome thanks AZ

Old and Blue 58 min 13 sec ago view
  • Great report, Phil! This organization has so many hitters to be excited about.

John Beasley 1 hour 47 min ago view
  • Ben Zobrist is very enjoyable to watch!!!!!!

Hagsag 4 hours 35 min ago view
  • given that he seems to only be throwing low 90s these days rather than the 93-96mph he used to throw, along with his wildness issues this year, he may end up passing through.

i dunno if something is wrong with him physically or his past shoulder issues has rendered him what he currently is, but he's been throwing a lot of sliders he can't control well and his fastball isn't as sharp. even when his slider wasn't working in a game he was still throwing a lot of them.

• Any scuttlebutt on where Neil Ramirez gets traded?

He seems better than some of the relievers on competitive teams. He ought to bring more than the waiver fee.

My guess? Toronto.

tim815 6 hours 12 min ago view
  • PHIL: It seems as if Paniagua has always played 1B with the Cubs. At 6'2 and 180#, what is his frame like? String bean? Have you seen him bulk up? Where do you project him? Thanks.

• Phil, what's your thoughts on which position players are going to Eugene and who is staying in AZL?

azbobbop 10 hours 17 min ago view
  • Ahhh...way to bring me down BB.

Still - a win tomorrow will be an acheivement regardless.

• Don't mean to spoil your mood, but with tonight's win the are 3-5 on the trip with one to play.

While I'm bringing the room down -- Richard comes in to pitch the 9th with a 12-1 lead...and can't finish the game. Woof.

• jacos 11 hours 38 min ago view
  • It is remarkable how my mood has become uplifted with one game against the Cards.

That is sick.

But, I have been an addict for a long time.

A W tomorrow and it will be a .500 road trip.

Also, to keep the losses in perspective, if the Cubs were to lose 10 games a month - a lot at this current pace - they still end up 102-60. Six months of the ride!

• So, the Mesa Cubs should be solid this summer in the AZL Rookie League?

And, I like the, "But did you know" lead in there. Something a little different.

I can tell really like this group of hitters in AZ right now.

What pitchers out there, other than Cease, should we be excited about?

Thanks as always for the info.

Childersb3 12 hours 27 min ago view
  • back on the Run Differential hunt... (aka The Hunt for Blue October)

Cubster 12 hours 55 min ago view
  • These are the 2016 Cubs I know and love. Also digging that Cardinals OF (lack of) defense.