Cubs and Astros Postpone Two Games

The Cubs will get at least a two game rest after tonight thanks to Hurricane Ike bearing down on the Texas coast. There were thoughts of moving Friday's night game up to a day game and then likely a doubleheader on Sunday. Now it seems like they'll try and get a doubleheader on either Sunday or Monday and one game in on the other day with both teams having a scheduled off day Monday.

So barring any more rainouts, it looks like Saturday will be the last Cubs off day of the regular season. I'm sure Lou will tweak his rotation accordingly and it will likely mean another Sean Marshall start.

Comments

Home and away games now (supposedly) available for all games.

Finally.

It looks like only for the premium... Unless I am missing something.

it is...didn't notice that at first but since I have the premium it wasn't a big deal. Hopefully they add it for everyone next year.

tonight's matchups include Zack Duke vs Roy Oswalt

...so even adding games to the monday schedule means we will not see him vs Astros.

So now Zambrano will miss the Brewers next week. Damn you, Ike.

How about this:

Sunday DH: Zambrano/Marquis
Monday: Marshall
Tuesday: Dempster
Wednesday: Harden
Thursday: Lilly

What a mess. The 3 starters in the first MIL series will track to pitch the 3 games in the second MIL series, so it's like one of those logic puzzles.

Parachat for the brewcrew/phils?

I thurr

• j.buchanan with a nice start...5ip 2h 1bb 3k, 0r/er

zobrist with 2HR and a double through 8

heyward 0-4 :(

• Mark Gonzales @MDGonzales

Soler likely to return Sunday, Maddon says

• Right now, I'd like to see the Mets first, Giants 2nd.

I believe that since most of the team from last years' NLCS is on the squad this year, they will really amp their game up even more to kick their ass in payback for 2015.

The Giants just do not have the depth in years past, and I think all things equal - and at Wrigley - they could handle them.

I do not want to see the Cards, period. Or their fans, media, or Joe Buck.

• I don't want to play Braves in the first round. Any friggin team in the league can win 3 of 5..I hate the first round. Furthermore, I wanted to play the Marlins in 2003 and the Mets over Dodgers last year.

With that said in reverse order:
    3. Cardinals: It will be devastating to lose in the first round, but even worse to their main rival. It is increased incentive for the Cardinals, especially after last year. Cards would have nothing to lose, Cubs have everything to lose.

2. Giants: Rotation in the playoffs scare me a bit, but what a lousy team.

blockhead25 12 hours 25 min ago view
  • 1. Mets--because of the losses in the rotation
    2. Giants--because they're not the team they were BUT they maybe have bullshit even-year magic?
    3. Cardinals--because rivalry and not making the playoffs hurts them more than losing in the NLDS plus getting eliminated by them in the playoffs would make for horrible sports commentary next throughout next season.

• Who's asking?

jacos 14 hours 10 min ago view
  • #TeamEntropy

CLE/DET rained out last night already, possible rain-outs in New York (vs. Baltimore), Boston(vs. Toronto) and Philly(vs. Mets) this weekend too.

Not only games involving playoff spots that would need to be played, but any that involve home field advantage.

• I got the first one! Second one I'm not even sure what even/odd betting is.

• any opponent preference for NLDS?

Mets are down to 1 great pitcher instead of 4. Syndegaard may pitch Sunday which means if Mets win the WC game, he'd be set up for Game 1. There's a chance they clinch a spot by Sunday so he'd pitch the WC and then we'd probably get Colon for Game 1. They've certainly had the hottest bats over the last week and month out of the WC options.

• Rob Richardson 20 hours 31 min ago view
  • Can't teach height and thinness

jacos 22 hours 27 min ago view
  • Hopefully Pirates don't call up A. Lincoln.

jacos 1 day 7 hours ago view
  • j.buchanan going friday...should be...baseball...or something like it.

crunch 1 day 8 hours ago view
  • Wow. I didn't know they could do that.

Nice for Willson, not so much for Addy.

billybucks 1 day 8 hours ago view
  • Game is officially called...also officially a tie.

Stats count, no make-up date of course.

Rob G. 1 day 8 hours ago view
  • Yeah -- seeing the weather -- I hope KB and Rizz are inside, wrapped in blankets and drinking hot chocolate.

billybucks 1 day 9 hours ago view