Cubs Set Playoff Rotation

As announced earlier, Ryan Dempster will go Game 1 and he'll be followed by Carlos Zambrano, Rich Harden and finally Ted Lilly if a  Game 4 is necessary.

I would have preferred Dempster, Harden, Z and then Lilly, but Harden's start last night where he seemed to be topping out at 90 mph most of the game was worrisome, although he still managed to never really get hit hard. If the series does go five games, the Cubs will start with Dempster and then it will be possible to use Zambrano on four days rest, followed by Marmol and Wood to finish it.

That makes the Cubs 7th inning problems, seem not so problematic.

Comments

Sounds like Mets might use Santana on Saturday on short rest. Means they theoretically could bring him back again for game 1, on short rest...or, maybe they would be fine having him go game 2 and game 5 on regular rest.

Z versus Santana at Wrigley would be quite interesting.

let's hope, I'll take Johan on his second short rest start.

What's the benefit of the Cubs announcing their rotation this early?

how does it hurt?

Howry. Such a waste.

our bullpen is really bad.

Do we need to worry about Soto?

from the Daily Herald

Catcher Geovany Soto left the game in the sixth inning when he fouled
off a pitch. He felt some pain in his troublesome left hand but later
said he was fine and that he could play this weekend.

I say give him week end off.

He's too valuable to miss any playoff time

"Old Luke just smiled..."

I would have preferred Dempster, Harden, Z and then Lilly

one possible factor is having zambrano start at wrigley as opposed to on the road. i think a hostile crowd would get under his skin much faster than the skin of either lilly or harden. (or even dempster).
i have no idea if this is even a consideration for lou.
nor how big a concern it is.

here's hoping soriano turns the "hot" switch back on.

I think Zambrano would have taken being the 3rd starter as an insult and that would have gotten in his head. Not that it should be a consideration, but Big Z has some man-child tendencies. Plus the way he's pitched the last two games, Cubs may need that day off after his start to rest the bullpen.

from DC

here's hoping soriano turns the "hot" switch back on
----------------

Maybe Lou will just help Sori "get his mind right."

Hopefully they will not have a failure to communicate.

recently, fonzie's offense has been "shakin' the bush, here, boss"

I can eat 50 eggs...

and he said this before competitive eating was fashionable

• Even from an on-field perspective, Torres is a 19-year-old beating up High-A pitching who also plays a great SS. Even if he never develops a legit MLB power stroke, he's still an obvious 4-tool guy with a very high floor. Sucks to trade away his next 6-8 years for a closer, albeit a great one.

John Beasley 1 hour 26 min ago view

pretty much sums up my feelings

• You mean Yankees?

QuietMan 7 hours 39 min ago view
  • Cards lose!

Arizona Phil 8 hours 5 min ago view

• I just prefer they don't  acquire players that choke their wives/girlfriends.

• I'd prefer it not happen too.

• Still don't want. Kinda hope they can't work out the extension.

• obviously not, and I'm sure they did their homework...just hope they have some better answers than the Yankees

• Chapman 12+ Career WAR. Currently 4.7:1 k-BB. With Rondon/Chapman/Strop/Nathan/Montgomery/Wood...Its the best pen I can recall other than Sutter or Lee Smith handling things themselves.

Its gonna suck if he gets injured, and it appears he's not the greatest of characters.

But, he'll have another Cuban to hang out with on the team.