Cubs Christmas Gifts

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas, Hanukkah and so forth. The Angel Fan Wife was kind enough to get me a Ryne Sandberg jersey, plus some wonderful Marquette gear, so I guess I ended up on the nice list. I would love to hear what Cubs goodies some of you received.

As for the current Cubbies, here's what a few of them unwrapped.

Alfonso Soriano - Jugs Curveball Pitching Machine

Aramis Ramirez -  "The Art of Cockfighting" (always good to brush up on the basics)

Jason Marquis - $100 Crate and Barrel gift card

Ryan Dempster
A.J. Burnett baseball card

Rich Harden - stack of hand towels (give it a sec)

Ted Lilly
- Star Trek Holodeck to let him pitch in 2008 playoffs

Carlos Marmol - copy of K-rod's contract

Jeff Samardzija - a slider

Carlos Zambrano -a Livan Hernandez baseball card

Geovany Soto - Rick Wilkins' locker

Ryan Theriot - The Ultimate Guide to Weight Training for Baseball & Softball

Derrek Lee - 2005

Cubs Fans - a World Series Title (comes in gift card form and can only be redeemed in October, never expires but not accepted every season)

As always, feel free to fill the gaps for others associated with the Cubs.

Tags:

Comments

Mets to make offers to Lowe, Perez and Wolf this week...first come, first serve.

the rest of the offseason remains boring as ever...I'll try to update FA Frenzy today.

Hendry - Doughnuts! (or as they would say on ESPN, Yahoo or Cubs.com, "1st")
Lou - Prozac refill
Pie - Official MLB bats certified for use in the state of Illinois
Gregg - more luck

I got Kosuke a boat oar. Really helps with plate coverage, dontchaknow.

nice

One other thing, has anyone else noticed that Don Beebe has been gunning for a ISHA title for several months now in the CBS2 ad on the left sidebar? In fact, I can recall getting very angry at Don Beebe's stupid sly smirk when I showed up on this site after we lost Game 1. Something to effect of, "THIS IS NO TIME TO BE SMILING DON BEEBE, YOU FUCKING PRICK!" IIRC.

I wonder if he's ever going to get there...

"CBS2 - timely news you can trust"

I've read that Dunn has contacted the Cubs to play right field. It was in yesterday's papers, Trib maybe? I don't know, lifetime .247 hitter (I believe). Lots of homers and walks, but the only reason he wears a glove is because everyone else does. Could be disastrous when Flyball Lilly and Marquis pitch.

dunn knows where RF is?

wow...i guess i should cut him a little more slack.

anyone got the college bowl scores?

He's very familiar with right field, that's where all his hits go.

Wow...TCR on their own is going beyond just using bad language they couldn't use on MVN.

Nice picture of jugs on the main page upper left. Even took the wrapper off!

Check out the curves.

HELL YEAH!

Why is she lilting to one side like that, though?

And, I gotta say, I don't trust skinny women with big tits. Just sayin'.

Her name is Eileen.

Oops.

I heard she's really good at squeezing balls between those jugs.

Unfortunately they often then pop out at dangerous speeds.

• Other than the NL East (Dusty!), not much cookin' on division races. I am fine with that.

billybucks 8 min 42 sec ago view
  • I love winning! It's, like, better than losing?

• LOLLYGAGGERS!

Dusty Baylor 13 hours 40 min ago view
  • You lollygag the ball around the infield. You lollygag your way down to first. You lollygag in and out of the dugout. You know what that makes you? Larry!

Jackstraw 16 hours 24 min ago view
  • Its too bad Warren didnt get to pitch. He would have saved us.

• Whoa -- that Contreras play in the 8th looked too much like a "Schwarber" -- nearly crashed into the wall going full speed, with Heyward doing the same.

New rule: if you are a catcher playing LF, and find yourself sprinting after a fly ball in the gap -- stop, let the CF go after it and get ready to play it off the wall.

• Cubs have no spark and no life. Pretty boring to watch these days.

• I thought trips to Miami were supposed to be fun. This one sucked.

The bottom half of the bullpen now turns close games into blowout losses. Not good.

Once Fowler went to the DL, the team went into the tank. Wonder if he'll get any love this offseason? Probably not.

• 6IP, 2ER. The last one scored because of another botched Zobrist DP turn.

And now, a bad throw by KB. Sloppy.

• What is it with Hammel always starting well and sucking after a couple months?

• Ahhh...sad. Lke a few of you here, I saw him play during the '69-'71 seasons. He was the "hot Zobrist" for the club in August/September of '69 while everyone else was fizzling out...

• I predict: "They will play hard and if they give the same effort every day, they'll win a lot of games."

• OK, boys -- find a way to win today.

• There's some BA is missing too, here's all signing bonus BA doesn't have some:

-6 Hockin $241,000 (slot price), 7 Cruz $75,000 (saved $110,00), 8 Ridlings $120,000 (saved $53,800), 9 Robinson $30,000 (saved $132,300), so far the Cubs have saved an extra $297,100

cubbies.4ever 1 day 12 min ago view
  • per Muscat...
    Zobrist (2B), Hayward (CF), Bryant (3B), Rizzo, Contreras (LF), Montero, Russell, Coghlan (RF), Hammel

Cubster 1 day 21 min ago view
  • Also -- despite losing 6 of their last 10, the Cubs picked up a game on both STL and PIT during that period. Weird, given that they swept PIT and were swept by STL.

billybucks 1 day 21 min ago view