Cubs Christmas Gifts

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas, Hanukkah and so forth. The Angel Fan Wife was kind enough to get me a Ryne Sandberg jersey, plus some wonderful Marquette gear, so I guess I ended up on the nice list. I would love to hear what Cubs goodies some of you received.

As for the current Cubbies, here's what a few of them unwrapped.

Alfonso Soriano - Jugs Curveball Pitching Machine

Aramis Ramirez -  "The Art of Cockfighting" (always good to brush up on the basics)

Jason Marquis - $100 Crate and Barrel gift card

Ryan Dempster
A.J. Burnett baseball card

Rich Harden - stack of hand towels (give it a sec)

Ted Lilly
- Star Trek Holodeck to let him pitch in 2008 playoffs

Carlos Marmol - copy of K-rod's contract

Jeff Samardzija - a slider

Carlos Zambrano -a Livan Hernandez baseball card

Geovany Soto - Rick Wilkins' locker

Ryan Theriot - The Ultimate Guide to Weight Training for Baseball & Softball

Derrek Lee - 2005

Cubs Fans - a World Series Title (comes in gift card form and can only be redeemed in October, never expires but not accepted every season)

As always, feel free to fill the gaps for others associated with the Cubs.

Tags:

Comments

Mets to make offers to Lowe, Perez and Wolf this week...first come, first serve.

the rest of the offseason remains boring as ever...I'll try to update FA Frenzy today.

Hendry - Doughnuts! (or as they would say on ESPN, Yahoo or Cubs.com, "1st")
Lou - Prozac refill
Pie - Official MLB bats certified for use in the state of Illinois
Gregg - more luck

I got Kosuke a boat oar. Really helps with plate coverage, dontchaknow.

nice

One other thing, has anyone else noticed that Don Beebe has been gunning for a ISHA title for several months now in the CBS2 ad on the left sidebar? In fact, I can recall getting very angry at Don Beebe's stupid sly smirk when I showed up on this site after we lost Game 1. Something to effect of, "THIS IS NO TIME TO BE SMILING DON BEEBE, YOU FUCKING PRICK!" IIRC.

I wonder if he's ever going to get there...

"CBS2 - timely news you can trust"

I've read that Dunn has contacted the Cubs to play right field. It was in yesterday's papers, Trib maybe? I don't know, lifetime .247 hitter (I believe). Lots of homers and walks, but the only reason he wears a glove is because everyone else does. Could be disastrous when Flyball Lilly and Marquis pitch.

dunn knows where RF is?

wow...i guess i should cut him a little more slack.

anyone got the college bowl scores?

He's very familiar with right field, that's where all his hits go.

Wow...TCR on their own is going beyond just using bad language they couldn't use on MVN.

Nice picture of jugs on the main page upper left. Even took the wrapper off!

Check out the curves.

HELL YEAH!

Why is she lilting to one side like that, though?

And, I gotta say, I don't trust skinny women with big tits. Just sayin'.

Her name is Eileen.

Oops.

I heard she's really good at squeezing balls between those jugs.

Unfortunately they often then pop out at dangerous speeds.

• Even from an on-field perspective, Torres is a 19-year-old beating up High-A pitching who also plays a great SS. Even if he never develops a legit MLB power stroke, he's still an obvious 4-tool guy with a very high floor. Sucks to trade away his next 6-8 years for a closer, albeit a great one.

John Beasley 39 min 45 sec ago view

pretty much sums up my feelings

• You mean Yankees?

QuietMan 6 hours 52 min ago view
  • Cards lose!

billybucks 7 hours 7 sec ago view

Arizona Phil 7 hours 18 min ago view

• I just prefer they don't  acquire players that choke their wives/girlfriends.

• I'd prefer it not happen too.

• Still don't want. Kinda hope they can't work out the extension.

• obviously not, and I'm sure they did their homework...just hope they have some better answers than the Yankees

• Chapman 12+ Career WAR. Currently 4.7:1 k-BB. With Rondon/Chapman/Strop/Nathan/Montgomery/Wood...Its the best pen I can recall other than Sutter or Lee Smith handling things themselves.

Its gonna suck if he gets injured, and it appears he's not the greatest of characters.

But, he'll have another Cuban to hang out with on the team.