Cubs Christmas Gifts

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas, Hanukkah and so forth. The Angel Fan Wife was kind enough to get me a Ryne Sandberg jersey, plus some wonderful Marquette gear, so I guess I ended up on the nice list. I would love to hear what Cubs goodies some of you received.

As for the current Cubbies, here's what a few of them unwrapped.

Alfonso Soriano - Jugs Curveball Pitching Machine

Aramis Ramirez -  "The Art of Cockfighting" (always good to brush up on the basics)

Jason Marquis - $100 Crate and Barrel gift card

Ryan Dempster
A.J. Burnett baseball card

Rich Harden - stack of hand towels (give it a sec)

Ted Lilly
- Star Trek Holodeck to let him pitch in 2008 playoffs

Carlos Marmol - copy of K-rod's contract

Jeff Samardzija - a slider

Carlos Zambrano -a Livan Hernandez baseball card

Geovany Soto - Rick Wilkins' locker

Ryan Theriot - The Ultimate Guide to Weight Training for Baseball & Softball

Derrek Lee - 2005

Cubs Fans - a World Series Title (comes in gift card form and can only be redeemed in October, never expires but not accepted every season)

As always, feel free to fill the gaps for others associated with the Cubs.

Tags:

Comments

Mets to make offers to Lowe, Perez and Wolf this week...first come, first serve.

the rest of the offseason remains boring as ever...I'll try to update FA Frenzy today.

Hendry - Doughnuts! (or as they would say on ESPN, Yahoo or Cubs.com, "1st")
Lou - Prozac refill
Pie - Official MLB bats certified for use in the state of Illinois
Gregg - more luck

I got Kosuke a boat oar. Really helps with plate coverage, dontchaknow.

nice

One other thing, has anyone else noticed that Don Beebe has been gunning for a ISHA title for several months now in the CBS2 ad on the left sidebar? In fact, I can recall getting very angry at Don Beebe's stupid sly smirk when I showed up on this site after we lost Game 1. Something to effect of, "THIS IS NO TIME TO BE SMILING DON BEEBE, YOU FUCKING PRICK!" IIRC.

I wonder if he's ever going to get there...

"CBS2 - timely news you can trust"

I've read that Dunn has contacted the Cubs to play right field. It was in yesterday's papers, Trib maybe? I don't know, lifetime .247 hitter (I believe). Lots of homers and walks, but the only reason he wears a glove is because everyone else does. Could be disastrous when Flyball Lilly and Marquis pitch.

dunn knows where RF is?

wow...i guess i should cut him a little more slack.

anyone got the college bowl scores?

He's very familiar with right field, that's where all his hits go.

Wow...TCR on their own is going beyond just using bad language they couldn't use on MVN.

Nice picture of jugs on the main page upper left. Even took the wrapper off!

Check out the curves.

HELL YEAH!

Why is she lilting to one side like that, though?

And, I gotta say, I don't trust skinny women with big tits. Just sayin'.

Her name is Eileen.

Oops.

I heard she's really good at squeezing balls between those jugs.

Unfortunately they often then pop out at dangerous speeds.

• Any word on Neil Ramirez?? Today is his 10th day where they have had to have done something with him, or are they not count today because it is a holiday??

cubbies.4ever 11 min 48 sec ago view
  • if they dont win at least 130 games this season they can pack it all up, turn wrigley into a concert venue, and move the damn team to san jose.

#Bernie130orBust

• I see where catcher Cael Brockmeyer was promoted to Tennessee a couple of days ago, to fill a roster spot vacated by David Freitas, recently promoted to Iowa. Caratini is the other catcher at Tennessee.

VirginiaPhil 9 hours 47 min ago view
  • They've already clinched a minimum winning percentage of .607 for the month, and that's only if they lose the last 2 games. If they win both, they can push that up to .679. So much for "stumbling" in May. When you're winning over 60% of your games, you're doing baseball well.

John Beasley 11 hours 42 sec ago view
  • If the best walk-off hit possible is a solo home run in a zero-zero game--Eloy did it tonight!

(But maybe it's a grand slam when your team is down three? He didn't do that.)

Number eight for Jimenez. His team is 31-17. Yesterday they scored 17 runs against Lansing. Two weeks ago it was 15 runs against the same team. This is a nice team, South Bend. The Cubs must have had a good draft last year.

Tonight the pitchers were Sands, Brooks and Effross.

VirginiaPhil 11 hours 7 min ago view
  • RIP Zoobrest.

• He'll be fine. He's not some wimpy young pup.

• In all seriousness the Cubs have the fewest amount of games played in the NL which means they're gonna be facing quite the grind later on including 24 games in a row at the end of June and beginning of July so I hope he does get a few days off.

• Meh. He only got one hit today. Maybe give him a rest?

• 34-14...awww yeah.

• Good thing the Cubs have five left-handed batters in the lineup. Velasquez is just tearing thru the righties [edit - doesn't seem to faze Bryant!]

Eric S 18 hours 35 sec ago view
  • ben zobrist gets to ride up front tonight cause he's a good guy at sports.

cubs with a 5 run lead and a lackey shutout through 3ip \m/

• HAGSAG: I have not seen Joe Nathan out on the field, but he is supposedly at the UAPC.

Arizona Phil 21 hours 30 min ago view
  • ERIC S: Best outing I've ever seen from Manny Rondon, and I've seen most of his outings since the Cubs got him from the Angels.

M. Rondon is competing with six others (Dylan Cease, Bryan Hudson, Jose Paulino, Pedro Silverio, Jesus Castillo, and Erling Moreno) for a starting slot at Eugene, and (as you can probably tell from the EXST box scores)  the competition has gotten fierce over the last couple of weeks, With the exception of Moreno, the Eugene SP candidates have upped their game lately, and M. Rondon's outing yesterday was especially impressive/dominating.

Arizona Phil 21 hours 33 min ago view
  • E-MAN: Pierce Johnsion was mixing a 92-94 MPH fastball with a plus-change-up AND curve, and he threw strike-after-strike-after-strike with all three of his pitches. I believe that was the best command and pitch-efficiency I've ever seen from Johnson, who often pitches from behind in the count and issues too many walks.

Of course now he has to avoid a recurrence of the lat strain (whch he has had previously in his career) as well as all of the other miscellaneous physical problems he's had over the last three years (hamstring, quad, back, etc).

Arizona Phil 21 hours 43 min ago view
  • PHIL: Any movement on P. Johnsons pitches? What was his "out" pitch? I know he was working on a 4th pitch, so wondering what he is looking like these days. Thanks.