TCR Friday Notes
- Everyone's favorite topic...lineups!!!
On days when switch hitter Aaron Miles plays second base and Kosuke Fukudome plays center field, Piniella said he likes this lineup: Soriano, Miles, Lee, Bradley, Ramirez, Fukudome, Geovany Soto and Ryan Theriot. That's a right-switch-right-switch-right-left-right-right alignment.
Armchair managers commence bitching! Between rumors of 400 AB's and now batting second, Aaron Miles has all the makings of being the new ¡Neifi! It's like no one in the Cubs organization has noticed that his likely unrepeatable .343 BABIP last season accounted for nearly all of his .753 OPS "success".
- Alex Eisenberg runs one of my favorite prospect sites - Baseball Intellect. He clearly didn't get the memo about Prospect List-mania 2009 coming out this week or he would have gotten to his top top Cubs prospects by now . Alex does do a great job of mixing minor league statistical analysis with good old-fashioned scouting, plus the frame-by-frame animations are fantastic. Check out how Jay Jackson's arm slot makes it tough to pick up his slider versus his fastball.
- An old Marquette classmate of mine has some ideas about the lot adjacent to Wrigley. Beats the Mrs. Field's Cookies and Victoria's Secret that will probably go into the mall they're going to end up building.
- Looks like some of the readers are starting up a keeper fantasy league and I think they could use a few more warm bodies.
- Kerry 20K Parachat Viewing Party this Sunday at 9PM CST. You can view it on DVD, Itunes or at MLB.com.
Dodgers with 3 in the 8th, 5 in the 9th, and they win that game.
Yeah... that was some very athletic stuff from Willson in the 9th. Impressive.
I think Chapman and Wood both need 2 days off -- rosters expand, bring 'em up!
Cubs now 41-15 in August in the Maddon era. That'll do. That will effing do.
31 pitches, 2 hits, 1 walk, and 3 wild pitches later...the cubs win by 1.
contreras snagged some other potential wild pitches in this chapman appearance.
22 wins in august. woo.
Down on the farm:
"Dealin'" Cease with another good outing for Eugene. Last 4 outings: 16IP, 1ER 29K. But, 10BB. Throw strikes, kid.
Candelario is killing it at Iowa after struggling at AA: .320/.406/.941 in 241AB. At age 22. Where the heck to put him next year?
UPDATE: Candy goes 3-5 tonight. Now hitting .325. Also, Almora 4-5, which is nice to see.
Happ and Jiminez to play in the AFL. Baseball is the best.
You magnificent Bastardo!
Difference is LaStella sucks, and Chapman doesn't
My guy Addy
he's attempting a comeback (or he's just very bored) and playing indie ball in the atlantic league...short-lived-cub brad snyder is also on his team.
very boring numbers for a guy with his experience in indie ball, though not bad numbers...probably not enough to get him a minor league deal at his age (33)
there goes heyward's gold glove win. bench him and bring up matt murton.
felt like 36 for sure....
Didn't LaHair hit 36 before the All Star Break? Then none after.
@CarrieMuskat 41s41 seconds ago Bryant is 1st #Cubs player to top 35 HRs since Aramis Ramirez hit 38 in 2006
surprised me, thought Soriano may have or Rizzo...maybe LaHair or Schierholtz too :)