Free Agent Frenzy Winner

I mentioned it when Manny signed with the Dodgers, but here are the final standings for our Free Agent Frenzy contest for this season. Congrats to "CincyKid" for the win, you are the proud owner of "Crazy '08" by Cait Murphy. Email me your address so I can send your prize out.

The number in parenthesis is the total correct number of picks out of 15.

1. CincyKid - 78 (7)
  2. Andrew - 75 (7)
  3. Eric -70 (7)
  4. The Real Neal - 66 (6)
  5. Carlos Rubi - 66 (6)
  6. jackie t - 62 (5)
  7. Dejon R. - 58 (7)
  8. Tito - 58 (6)
  9. John Beasley - 56 (5)
  10. twcoffee - 54 (6)
  11. RW - 54(4)
  12. Rob G. - 52 (5)
  13. Tom R. - 47 (4)
  14. big lowitzki - 44 (5)
  15. JD - 44 (4)
  16. chifan - 38 (3)
  17. Ruz - 35 (4)
  18. Jacos - 31(3)
  19. allinginge - 30 (3)
  20. Brian H. - 9 (3)
  21. Charlie - DQ'd

Comments

Curses! So close.

What, no consolation prize, Rob?

the economy seems to have taken a hit on the swag we get here at TCR. I'm dry on prizes right now. I have a copy of the 1907 book, but it was more for review than prize giving and I wanted to read it.

I don't know whether it hurts more to be me or Brian H.

I'm gonna go with me.

I just finished the book a few weeks ago. It's truly one of the better baseball books I've read.

Crane Kenney says the team wants to increase the number of night games from 30 to 50.

The rest of the article says it's not likely to happen for at least 6-7 more years.

Wittenmyer opines on how the bullpen will shake out.

He seems to think Gaudin is locked in.

Just noticed that Kerry Wood was a unanimous and mostly high confidence pick to stay a Cub...painfully, nobody saw his future unfold the way it did.

in contrast, two contestants picked Dempster to move on.

Going to advertise again (and for the next few days, if need be) that we have a late opening in a 16-team TCR Head-to-Head yahoo fantasy baseball league.

It's a very active, skilled, but relaxed and friendly league. Big rosters, a very modest sabrmetric bent to the (many) stat. categories, and a clause that we re-draft players off of any team that goes "dead" for more than a month.

Did I mention that it is Transmission Tested, Jacos Approved?
email me: trans.at.tcr at gmail.com and I'll hook you up.

• Great report, Phil! This organization has so many hitters to be excited about.

John Beasley 39 min 1 sec ago view
  • Ben Zobrist is very enjoyable to watch!!!!!!

Hagsag 3 hours 27 min ago view
  • given that he seems to only be throwing low 90s these days rather than the 93-96mph he used to throw, along with his wildness issues this year, he may end up passing through.

i dunno if something is wrong with him physically or his past shoulder issues has rendered him what he currently is, but he's been throwing a lot of sliders he can't control well and his fastball isn't as sharp. even when his slider wasn't working in a game he was still throwing a lot of them.

• Any scuttlebutt on where Neil Ramirez gets traded?

He seems better than some of the relievers on competitive teams. He ought to bring more than the waiver fee.

My guess? Toronto.

tim815 5 hours 3 min ago view
  • PHIL: It seems as if Paniagua has always played 1B with the Cubs. At 6'2 and 180#, what is his frame like? String bean? Have you seen him bulk up? Where do you project him? Thanks.

• Phil, what's your thoughts on which position players are going to Eugene and who is staying in AZL?

azbobbop 9 hours 8 min ago view
  • Ahhh...way to bring me down BB.

Still - a win tomorrow will be an acheivement regardless.

• Don't mean to spoil your mood, but with tonight's win the are 3-5 on the trip with one to play.

While I'm bringing the room down -- Richard comes in to pitch the 9th with a 12-1 lead...and can't finish the game. Woof.

• jacos 10 hours 29 min ago view
  • It is remarkable how my mood has become uplifted with one game against the Cards.

That is sick.

But, I have been an addict for a long time.

A W tomorrow and it will be a .500 road trip.

Also, to keep the losses in perspective, if the Cubs were to lose 10 games a month - a lot at this current pace - they still end up 102-60. Six months of the ride!

• So, the Mesa Cubs should be solid this summer in the AZL Rookie League?

And, I like the, "But did you know" lead in there. Something a little different.

I can tell really like this group of hitters in AZ right now.

What pitchers out there, other than Cease, should we be excited about?

Thanks as always for the info.

Childersb3 11 hours 18 min ago view
  • back on the Run Differential hunt... (aka The Hunt for Blue October)

Cubster 11 hours 47 min ago view
  • These are the 2016 Cubs I know and love. Also digging that Cardinals OF (lack of) defense.

• Another day, another eight runs

jacos 12 hours 19 min ago view
  • I'm not sure there was another team in baseball that would flip a Dansby Swanson type of prospect (plus Inciarte, plus Toussaint) for Miller.  That trade was just comically bad from the start, and getting worse...

Transmission 12 hours 20 min ago view
  • Zobrist just keeps squaring up - and Soler goes yard!

Eric S 12 hours 21 min ago view