But Will Peoria Play in Phoenix?
Kyler Burke had three hits including a solo HR and an RBI single, but it wasn't enough, as the Peoria Chiefs were defeated by the Kane County Cougars (Oakland A's "Lo-A" affiliate) 9-5 at the Papago Park Sports Complex in Phoenix today (and yes, I did watch both games simultaneously)...
Here is today's abridged box score (Peoria Chiefs players only)...
1a. Josh Harrison, LF: 0-2 (BB, 6-3, F-8 - 1 R, 2 SB)
1b. Luis Flores, C: 0-1 (K)
2. David Macias, CF: 0-3 (BB, K, P-6, K - 1 R, 1 SB)
3a. Junior Lake, 2B: 0-3 (K, K, 3-1)
3b. Cliff Andersen, LF: 0-1 (K)
4a. Luis Bautista, 1B: 1-3 (1B, P-1, P-5 - 1 RBI)
4b. Tony Campana, RF: 1-1 (1B - 1 R)
5a. Nelson Perez, DH: 1-3 (1B, E-1, 1-3 - 1 RBI)
5b. Rebel Ridling, 1B: 1-1 (1B)
6. Josh Vitters, 3B: 1-4 (P-6, K, 1B, P-5)
7. Ryan Flaherty, SS: 0-3 (BB, K, 4-3, 4-3 - 1 R, 1 RBI)
8a. Carlos Perez, C: 0-2 (E-4, K)
8b. Jake Opitz, 2B: 0-2 (F-8, K)
9. Kyler Burke, RF: 3-3 (1B, 1B, HR - 1 R, 2 RBI)
1. Jeffrey Beliveau - 3.0 IP, 6 H, 4 R (4 ER), 3 BB, 3 K, 1 HR, 1 PO, 3/2 GO/FO
2. Jose Pina - 2.0 IP, 4 H, 3 R (3 ER), 2 BB, 1 K, 0/4 GO/FO
3. Rogelio Carmona - 1.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 1 K, 1/1 GO/FO
4. Andres Quezada - 1.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 1 K, 1/1 GO/FO
5. Eduardo Figueroa - 1.0 IP, 2 H, 2 R (2 ER), 2 BB, 0 K, 1 GIDP
Carlos Perez 0-1 CS
OUTFIELD ASSIST (1):
LF Josh Harrison - threw out runner at 3rd 7-5
draft signings are trickling in...rounds 6-9 are signed + a random slew of others.
filter by team.
Former Major League All-Star Jim Hickman dies at 79
Yep...sort of. Matheny says Rosenthal will no longer pitch the 9th, and they will mix/match Oh, Siegrist and Broxton.
Duane Underwood now 0-5 with a 5.44 ERA for Tenn. Urp. Warren not sharp at Iowa tonight. When will Cease and Hudson be ready?
On a positive note, Jiminez with his 10th HR tonight. He has a .924 OPS -- the only player in the league with an OPS over .900. Leads the lead in 2B, SLG and OPS, tied for the league lead in HR and 3rd in Avg. Nice!
- The pressure of going for the regular-season wins record is now gone.
- Joe will come up with more wacky dress-up ideas for the team to wear after they lose their next get-away game.
- There is more clarity on Spencer Patton.
- We play the Reds next. They aren't very good.
- We'll have at least a 9 game lead after today.
EDIT: - Contreras looks like the real deal.
Other than that, not much -- nasty stretch. Two ugly losses in the last 4 games.
Ugh -- give Lackey a 4-1 lead, you hope for better.
Joe: "We lost. They beat us. Now where's my '09 Guigal Bordeaux glass...?
I forgot how rail thin skinny Carl Edwards Jr. Is - he threw some nasty stuff - hope that continues
HAHAHA! I love it here! Brilliant...
"The pressure of going for the regular-season wins record is now gone."
Brilliant. Maddon is a genius!
"Drink copiously but responsibly."
Done and done. Thanks for that.
Oil Can Boyd now pitching for the Cubs
It's a long season. There will be stretches like this. It's Saturday night. Drink copiously but responsibly.
That valuable RBIGIDP.
Someone talk me down here.
I remember AZ PHIL talking about Bour's power during the Hendry era.
Time to scrap the scouting report on Justin Bour and get a new one. Sheesh.