But Will Peoria Play in Phoenix?
Kyler Burke had three hits including a solo HR and an RBI single, but it wasn't enough, as the Peoria Chiefs were defeated by the Kane County Cougars (Oakland A's "Lo-A" affiliate) 9-5 at the Papago Park Sports Complex in Phoenix today (and yes, I did watch both games simultaneously)...
Here is today's abridged box score (Peoria Chiefs players only)...
1a. Josh Harrison, LF: 0-2 (BB, 6-3, F-8 - 1 R, 2 SB)
1b. Luis Flores, C: 0-1 (K)
2. David Macias, CF: 0-3 (BB, K, P-6, K - 1 R, 1 SB)
3a. Junior Lake, 2B: 0-3 (K, K, 3-1)
3b. Cliff Andersen, LF: 0-1 (K)
4a. Luis Bautista, 1B: 1-3 (1B, P-1, P-5 - 1 RBI)
4b. Tony Campana, RF: 1-1 (1B - 1 R)
5a. Nelson Perez, DH: 1-3 (1B, E-1, 1-3 - 1 RBI)
5b. Rebel Ridling, 1B: 1-1 (1B)
6. Josh Vitters, 3B: 1-4 (P-6, K, 1B, P-5)
7. Ryan Flaherty, SS: 0-3 (BB, K, 4-3, 4-3 - 1 R, 1 RBI)
8a. Carlos Perez, C: 0-2 (E-4, K)
8b. Jake Opitz, 2B: 0-2 (F-8, K)
9. Kyler Burke, RF: 3-3 (1B, 1B, HR - 1 R, 2 RBI)
1. Jeffrey Beliveau - 3.0 IP, 6 H, 4 R (4 ER), 3 BB, 3 K, 1 HR, 1 PO, 3/2 GO/FO
2. Jose Pina - 2.0 IP, 4 H, 3 R (3 ER), 2 BB, 1 K, 0/4 GO/FO
3. Rogelio Carmona - 1.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 1 K, 1/1 GO/FO
4. Andres Quezada - 1.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 1 K, 1/1 GO/FO
5. Eduardo Figueroa - 1.0 IP, 2 H, 2 R (2 ER), 2 BB, 0 K, 1 GIDP
Carlos Perez 0-1 CS
OUTFIELD ASSIST (1):
LF Josh Harrison - threw out runner at 3rd 7-5
RAISIN: All I know is that Oscar de la Cruz is still shut down, and I don't know what his prognosis is, or what the plan is going forward.
Remember just two weeks ago, when "all" they had to do was play .500 ball the rest of the season and coast into the playoffs?
Well I guess if pitchers can keep working the edges of the plate to perfection it will be a long season. But that doesn't seem likely. Rizzo finally, fully, snapping out of it would help.
If I didn't believe in coincidences (or science), I would apologize to Gordon Downie--one of my favorites. Sad news about a great talent.
Hi Arizona Phil,
Has there been any news on Oscar de la Cruz' health?
O&B: Cease was apparently working on his off-speed pitches in his first & thrd innings, because in his second inning of work he just blew the D'backs away with high-velocity gas (that's when he hit 99-100 and struck out the side).
Wow, Lyin' CTSteve? He was just BEGGING for my endorsement last year! Lame!
1. I did not say the thing I insisted that Trans write down and attribute to me, or it was taken out of context.
2. Trans and his "roast" (aka, a Salisbury steak TV dinner by Swanson) are very low energy.
3. Make TCR great again.
Yeah, I'm fine if I don't hear another one, furlong time.
nice recap, horrible game...i hope to never hear another horse pun/joke for at least a decade.
Recap posted. ~sigh~
THAT WAS TURRIBLE.
Ok, fine. I'll do a recap.
Thanks for the post AZ. That's a huge attendance. Scouts must be excited about somebody.
Would you say Cease's performance was a result of working on his change or was it just a bad outing? And isn't Ademan some ridiculous age, like 17 or something?What are your thoughts on him?
LOL and yes. No need to even be that formal, can just say "Trans, keep my name out of this abomination of a discussion."