The Tom Ricketts Drinking Game
Tom Ricketts and family will be introduced to Cubs fans everywhere in a press conference on Friday morning at 11am CST and probably a couple dozen TV and radio interviews. To help you get through the day, I suggest grabbing your favorite alcoholic beverage(bring a thermos if you're at work) and follow along with this drinking game I designed.
- he thanks Major League Baseball, Bud Selig or the Tribune
- it's mentioned how great Cubs fans are
- how Cubs fans deserve a championship team
- mentioned that he's a Cubs fan
- met his wife at Wrigley Field
- had an apartment in Wrigleyville
- how the goal is to build a championship caliber team year in and year out
- Ameritrade is mentioned
- asked about payroll
- he says he has great respect for Jim Hendry
- he says he has great respect for Lou Piniella
- there's a question about Milton Bradley
- he says he'll defer to the baseball people
- everytime you're frustrated by a generic non-answer he gives to a specific question
- there's question about Wrigley Field renovations
- there's any mention of goats, curses or Steve Bartman
Take Two Drinks when:
- some reporter asks about his lesbian sister
- they ask about the size of the media room at Wrigley
- he avoids the Personal Seat License question
Finish your drink if:
- he makes any allusions to following sabermetrics or any type of statistical analysis
- he fires Jim Hendry or Lou Piniella
- he says he ordered the Bradley suspension (Finish another drink if he refers to it as a Code Red)
- he sets up his sister with Carrie Muskat
Finish your drink and the bottle or case it came from if:
- he lowers ticket or concession prices
2016 .607 ops
Plus bad fielding
taylor davis moved to AAA to take the place of that other catcher guy dude person.
Who's Mr. June-August? Can't be Jorge "Mr. 1.705 Playoff OPS " Soler, can it?
Chesny Young 4-5 tonight for Tenn. Now hitting .410 with an OBP over .500.
Looks like Soler has decided to take the "can't play in the cold" thing head-on. No longer wearing the cold-weather under gear.
Cubs record for last 3 months of regular season baseball: 59 - 23. (Aug, Sept/Oct and April, with one still to go).
That's a .720 winning percentage and projects to 117 wins over 162 games.
That's a lot of dance parties.
So where does Warren G rank in the list of terrible "Take me out to the ballgame" renditions? It's gotta be near the top.
They only need to win 18 more in a row to match the 1984 start of the Detroit Tigers.
I agree that it is frustrating and baffling and I am surprised more teams don't try and take advantage of it. However, in the end, I would rather have a pitcher that has 4-5 outs innings versus 4-5 runs innings.
.464 obp play him over Mr june-august
And he can play the field
I don't have any problem being "reminded" of it -- but anything more than a short sentence about it makes my eyes glaze over and skip to the bottom.
per Len: Not Wrigley Field Friendly confines today, it's Szczur's Palace
It's kinda neat seeing guys with such little experience doing so well off the bench. Usually it's guys with a bit more time. How many major league at bats do those two have between them?
It's really not any more newsworthy than a pitcher who runs up and misses it with his glove, walks the batter instead, or throws it into right field where some runs score. Holding the ball was brilliant. He knew he didn't have the throw eyed. And then he follows up with a gutsy performance. The guy rocks.