The Tom Ricketts Drinking Game
Tom Ricketts and family will be introduced to Cubs fans everywhere in a press conference on Friday morning at 11am CST and probably a couple dozen TV and radio interviews. To help you get through the day, I suggest grabbing your favorite alcoholic beverage(bring a thermos if you're at work) and follow along with this drinking game I designed.
- he thanks Major League Baseball, Bud Selig or the Tribune
- it's mentioned how great Cubs fans are
- how Cubs fans deserve a championship team
- mentioned that he's a Cubs fan
- met his wife at Wrigley Field
- had an apartment in Wrigleyville
- how the goal is to build a championship caliber team year in and year out
- Ameritrade is mentioned
- asked about payroll
- he says he has great respect for Jim Hendry
- he says he has great respect for Lou Piniella
- there's a question about Milton Bradley
- he says he'll defer to the baseball people
- everytime you're frustrated by a generic non-answer he gives to a specific question
- there's question about Wrigley Field renovations
- there's any mention of goats, curses or Steve Bartman
Take Two Drinks when:
- some reporter asks about his lesbian sister
- they ask about the size of the media room at Wrigley
- he avoids the Personal Seat License question
Finish your drink if:
- he makes any allusions to following sabermetrics or any type of statistical analysis
- he fires Jim Hendry or Lou Piniella
- he says he ordered the Bradley suspension (Finish another drink if he refers to it as a Code Red)
- he sets up his sister with Carrie Muskat
Finish your drink and the bottle or case it came from if:
- he lowers ticket or concession prices
Classic Scully - great stuff.
Thank God we'll still have Hawk next season. (cricket cricket cricket)
Here's Scully's call on Bryant's 10th-inning homer:
"And it's a long fly ball, a mean fly ball, and a gone fly ball."
When the Cubs were the old, hundred-year Cubs, one bad hop did not undo their opponents.
If only he was clutcher. More clutcher.
cubs win...bryant with 7HR in his last 8 games.
bryant 2nd HR of the night for a 2 run lead in the 10th? sure, why not. awesome.
gawd...jansen's thrown 5 pitches in the past 5 minutes.
wild pitch (and a K, boo) with heyward advancing! 1 out, heyward on 3rd.
HEYWARD SCORES ON A 2nd WILD PITCH! TIE!
leadoff double (heyward!) top of the 9th...RALLY!
carlos ruiz is still coming up to "in the air tonight" by phil 'are you kidding me' collins in LA.
many years ago before phil collins it was a soulja boy song.
dude has odd taste in music. at least it's not yanni...i guess.
Funniest skybox ever
that was some joke ass official scoring giving him a double. either way, seager's on 2nd and soler's play in the OF is still sketchy.
Schwarber is worse right?
Seager with the two out double *cough* to left field in the bottom of the fourth. If Soler just plays that bunny hop off his nuts, it's a single - certainly no double.
rizzo is tired of SD/LA night games...yet another towering one that died on the warning track.
Vin's been around
Monty dropped a two strike curve on AGon