TCR Upgrade over the Thanksgiving Break

There's going to be an upgrade done to the site sometime over the weekend, so apologies if it's down when you try to escape your in-laws . This could last anywhere from late Thursday night through Sunday(the upgrade and avoiding your in-laws) and I'm sure it's a guarantee that the Cubs will pull off some big news event just to mess with me.

See everyone on the other side and enjoy the holiday break.

Tags:

Comments

Bruce Levine broke in ESPN 1000 with a 4 team trade involving Cubs, White Sox, Yankees and Blue Jays the Cubs get #&@(( @)*$++_!?>>>>...........

"Hello, Noah. This is God.
Right.
I want you to build an Ark.
Righ-hh-t.
It's going to rain for 40 days and 40 nights.
R-i-g-h-t.
And after that, I want you to build a World Series Championship team for the North Side of Chicago.
R-r-r-r......i-g-h--t."

Happy Thanksgiving!

"Hello, Noah. This is God.
Right.
I want you to build an Ark.
Righ-hh-t...wait, isn't this an Egyptian folk tale?
Umm...well, they didn't write it down.
Actually, there has been a copy of this story found in the ruins of Alexandria
R-r-r-r......i-g-h--t.
Build your own damn boat...and gimmie some of those private stash apples...and a rib woman.
R-r-r-r......i-g-h--t."

So you're saying it must be true because two different religions recorded the same event (and more if you count the Epic of Gilgamesh)?

----
not only do we get Halliday (and he agrees to a 3 yr deal) but the deal saves us enuf with Bradley and Sori off the books to get Holiday too.

When Levine started splainin' how Hendry pulled that off he...

(warning: system going down for 3 days of upgrading)

Happy halliday and good turkeying everyone.

• in case it hasn't been mentioned yet, Twins are hiring Indians 32-year old Derick Falvey from the Cleveland Native Americans organization.

Suppose McLeod could still be asked by another organization but likely staying put.

Rob G. 50 min 20 sec ago view
  • Well put, both your remark, and Crunch's.

Transmission 51 min 26 sec ago view
  • I saw the Gordon HR. It was like a funeral where the mourners were made to play baseball. So sad...

CTSteve 55 min 37 sec ago view
  • i wanted to watch more of it, but it started to feel like i was going beyond witnessing a human experience that isn't often seen into an uncomfortable voyeurism. these guys are in pain.

crunch 1 hour 14 min ago view
  • wow I am glad I missed the start of the MIA game.  I would have been sobbing.

Transmission 1 hour 23 min ago view
  • Baez!!

Brick 1 hour 27 min ago view
  • baez grand slam!

crunch 1 hour 28 min ago view
  • lulz, MIA with a 5-0 lead after 2 innings.

crunch 1 hour 56 min ago view
  • d.gordon leads off MIA inning with a HR...came up to bat wearing j.fernandez's helmet.

he barely made it back into the dugout after crying his way around the bases.

i can't watch this game anymore. it's too much...too real.

• FLA really doesn't look like they're mentally/physically prepared for this game. never seen anything like this...it's not just a few people in the dugout still feeling it large, it's pretty much everyone.

i doubt it will lead to some kinda error-filled little league quality game, but everyone looks drained and still draining.

...and onto the cubs game. go #100.

• The Marlins organization is obviously affected deeply by this. I feel for the people there. And I understand circumstances have changed.

But retiring his number. Wow. Literally a week ago the rumor mill was fast and furious about how Fernandez was going to be traded this winter, with the front office in response doing almost nothing to deny it. And to turn around and retire his number, just like that, when they obviously felt the organization would have been better long-term without him, just reeks of insincerity.

John Beasley 3 hours 1 min ago view
  • jose fernandez's number is going to be retired by FLA.

there's custom jerseys on their way to tonight's game (and hopefully will make it on time). all the marlins are going to wear #16 tonight.

this still sucks.

• probably saturday depending on what they do with hammel (assuming friday for ham).

• Lester is going to get one more start, right? It sure would be nice to see him get a shot at 20 wins.

• Nicely done! I think in my 10-14 games I went .500 or a little over. Strangely, I went to the Cards games they mostly lost (incl Saturday) and the one SF game they lost, plus a couple Brewers games they lost, too. I should have gone to just Reds games. But still - saw mostly very good baseball on the North Side this year. Regardless of what happens come October - the Cubs are positioned for some good times in the next 3-5 years.

• Attaboy!