Cubs Convention Round-Up
"It's weird, I feel like a 12-year-old," he said. "I have a lot of energy. I'm kind of wired all day. I've got a little one now, and it's helped me at home. I give mama some rest. I'm active the whole day. I used to be a little sluggish -- like 'I want to take a nap.' Now I feel great and I just want to put myself in the best position to help the club.
- More on the Cubs committment to getting in shape over the offseason including the Cubs hiring a personal chef and nutritionist for the team.
- Marlon Byrd says Hendry tried to acquire him for 2008 (video).
- Ted Lilly discusses shoulder rehab (video).
- Milton Bradley is being sued for not paying $44,000 on the condo he rented in Chicago that he abandoned in the fall. Classy.
- Hendry says the big-money players need to play like up to their capabilities for 2010 to succeed.
"We have to have our best players play like they're our best players, and that's something they didn't do that last year,'' Hendry said in a quiet moment amid the insanity of the Cubs Convention. "We had five guys have terrible years all in the same year at the same time, and you don't figure that to happen, but it sure happened to us.''
If any of our wonderful readers is at the event and cares to post their personal thoughts on the convention, particularly if you go to the Q&A's with Hendry, Lou or the Ricketts, we would love to hear about it.