Cubs Survey: What was the Worst Cubs Lineup Mistake?

Today's lineup against the Marlins is Fukudome, Theriot, Byrd, Lee, Ramirez, Soriano, Soto, Castro and Wells. I understand giving your vets a chance to break out of their slumps and all, but moving them down in the order when you have Soriano and Soto hitting the way they are isn't going to really hurt anyone's feelings. And if they do, fuck them.

Anyway, I was curious if leaving Lee and Ramirez in the middle of the order to kill rallies is one of the worse or the worst thing we've seen since Dusty Baker.

Vote below or follow this link.

The embedding seems to pop up a new layer that you may have problems with it, so just follow the link if that's the case.

Comments

Speaking of Dusty, I was going to post when do the Cubs travel to Montreal? So Lou can get the middle night call from Lee and Aram saying it's okay to move them down the line up.

Survey result-

Neifi today, Neifi tomorrow, Neifi forever!!!!!

I went with Neifi myself...

he has the double whammy of no career success with almost no in-season success as well.

at least Corey was coming off a strong half season in 2003.

and for full disclosure: I came up with this list in about 5 minutes.

I thought Neifi batting anywhere in 2005 and 2006 would have been the runaway winner.

For what it's worth...I voted Neifi as well.

Good job.

Link won't let me back.

Neifi batting 6th was my favorite.

a poll about which 3-4m dollar manager sucked worse. awesome.

how about we don't pay our next manager as if he's someone who actually picks up a bat or ball and plays the game?

so it have been okay if the same lineup mistakes were made and Jim Essian was the manager?

if it allows us to use that 2.5-3m+ on a...oh...right handed reliever.

sure.

baseball managers are so vastly overrated it's not even funny. you can go into almost any lockerroom out there and almost every player will tell you they see and hear a lot more out of their coaches than their manager. the overpriced babysitter manager is...bleh.

How long is Jaramillo's contract? If it's longer than a year, well, hello new manager.

imo, i think rickets is carrying around an erection waiting for sandberg to come in and run his on-field toy.

I agree...but Jarry is sure earning a lot of money. Stick with it. Then Koyie Hill can be a player/hitting coach. Problem solved.

"For what it's worth, Soriano hit 298/347/530 out of the leadoff spot in 2007 and 2008. He hit 228/295/421 out of the leadoff spot in the 70 games he played there in 2009, so that one never really bothered me much until last year, although I know many of you felt it was on par with killing a kitten."

the problem wasn't that soriano wasn't producing in the 1 slot...it's that in those years he was the best power hitter on the team and was slotted somewhere not fitting to his tools.

62 homers, 69 doubles, 5 triples...136 xbase hits for 145 RBIs

yeah, that was awful when the Cubs led the league in scoring in 2008

my point is i think it could have been better.

136 xbase hits for 145rbis is beyond pathetic...finding out those 136 xbase hits happened over a 2 season injury-shortened stretch (some of which he couldn't run and had no business in the leadoff spot) rather than 3 seasons makes it even worse to me.

my point is i think it could have been better.

or worse, or the same. My vote is probably the same. You'd be giving more PA's to an inferior hitter to offset the extra couple of runs that Soriano would have driven in over the other #5 hitters.

Good to know everyone still hates Neifi...64% so far of the vote with Derrek/Aramis in 2nd at 18%

We don't hate Neifi, it's just that unlike our manager we were able to recongize him for the player that he was.

74% on Neifi now, with lee/Ramirez in 2nd at 12%

• QuietMan 4 hours 4 min ago view
  • FYI, formatting of the web page is weird.

JoePepitone 6 hours 38 min ago view
  • Now who can argue with that? I think we're all indebted to Gabby Johnson for clearly stating what needed to be said. I'm particularly glad that these lovely children were here today to hear that speech. Not only was it authentic frontier gibberish, it expressed a courage little seen in this day and age.

Jackstraw 6 hours 49 min ago view
  • White Sox new stadium name w apropos logo

jacos 7 hours 31 min ago view
  • it was between that and "more like the CRUNCH REALLY EARLY AM REPORTER because i'm gonna c.r.e.am all over this place."

i chose the classy route.

• Rob G. 7 hours 43 min ago view
  • that was the 2nd greatest piece of performance art since Donald Trump's campaign

• ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘€ good shit goเฑฆิ sHit๐Ÿ‘Œ thats โœ” some good๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘Œshit right๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘Œthere๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘Œ rightโœ”there โœ”โœ”if i do ฦฝaาฏ so my self ๐Ÿ’ฏ i say so ๐Ÿ’ฏ thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: สณแถฆแตสฐแต— แต—สฐแต‰สณแต‰) mMMMMแŽทะœ๐Ÿ’ฏ ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘Œ ๐Ÿ‘ŒะO0ะžเฌ OOOOOะžเฌ เฌ Ooooแต’แต’แต’แต’แต’แต’แต’แต’แต’๐Ÿ‘Œ ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘Œ ๐Ÿ‘Œ ๐Ÿ’ฏ ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐ŸŽฉ๐Ÿ‘“๐ŸŽฉ๐Ÿ‘๐ŸŽฉ๐Ÿ‘“๐ŸŽฉ๐Ÿ‘๐ŸŽฉ euphoric logic !euphoric loGic๐Ÿ‘Œ thats โœ” some euphoric๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ’ป logic right๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ’ปthere๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘Œ Carl ๐Ÿ”ญ Sagan๐ŸŒŒ๐Ÿ’ซif i do ฦฝaาฏ so gentlemen ๐Ÿ’ฏ i say so ๐Ÿ’ฏ thats euPhoric logic right there Richard ๐Ÿ“’ Dawkins๐ŸŽฉ (chorus: socrates died for this shit) mMMMMแŽทะœ๐Ÿ’ฏ ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘“๐Ÿ‘ŒะO0ะžเฌ OOOOOะžเฌ เฌ Ooooแต’แต’แต’แต’แต’แต’แต’แต’แต’๐Ÿ‘Œ ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐ŸŽฉ ๐Ÿ‘Œ ๐Ÿ’ฏ ๐Ÿ‘Œ ๐Ÿ‘“๐ŸŽฉ๐ŸŽฉ๐ŸŽฉ ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘Œeuphoric logic slam me the FUCK uP ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘€ john cena JOhN cEna

• You can start the CRUNCH EARLY AM REPORTER. Then you can blog to yourself, and argue with yourself about Jon Lester.

• my current job has me coming in at 7am (eastern)...i miss staying up til 2am to watch west coast games.

• Remember when west coast road trips were a good time to catch up on some reading?

• Taboola field is more appropriate.

• we can only hope...

The things you have to do to pay for James Shields contract.

• I wonder if they'll have to make use of the Guaranteed Rate logo, which is a giant red arrow pointing downward.

Brick 12 hours 8 min ago view
  • unsurprisingly, the White Sox continue a tradition of stupid stuff....

@DannyEcker BREAKING: Guaranteed Rate has purchased naming rights to U.S. Cellular Field. Will be known as Guaranteed Rate Field thru 2030.

• that was a very kind 3rd strike to hendricks to end the 3rd.

man on 3rd, 0 outs and got 2 pop-ups and a K...Maddux-lite indeed