Local Boy Makes Good, Makes Cubs Pitchers Look Bad
San Francisco Giants 2009 2nd round draft pick Tommy Joseph (Horizon HS – Scottsdale, AZ) blasted a two-run home run to cap a five-run 3rd as the Giants trounced the Cubs 13-2 in AZ Instructional League action at Indian School Park Field #2 in Scottsdale this afternoon. Local-boy Joseph also hit a two-run bomb in yesterday’s 12-1 Giants victory at Fitch Park.
While the pitching (13 runs on 12 hits, five walks, and a HBP) and defense (four errors in the first three innings) left much to be desired today, the Cub offense wasn't any better. Already down 7-0 and with Giants pitchers having retired the previous 14 in a row, the Cubs scored their only two runs of the game in the top of the 6th in the following way: WALK - PASSED BALL - WILD PITCH - STRIKE OUT - RBI SINGLE - WILD PITCH - WALK - WILD PITCH - WALK - WILD PITCH - STRIKE OUT - STRIKE OUT. And that was the offensive high point!
Here is today's abridged box score (Cubs players only):
1. Marco Hernandez, SS: 1-3 (1B, 6-3, BB, 5-3, CS)
2a. Logan Watkins, CF: 1-2 (1B, K, SB)
2b. Xavier Batista, LF: 0-1 (K)
2c. Sergio Burruel, PH: 1-1 (2B)
3a. Engel Santana, C: 0-3 (F-8, 4-3, K)
3b. Max Kwan, C: 0-1 (P-4)
4. Justin Bour, DH #1: 0-3 (K, K, 4-3)
5. Ryan Cuneo, 1B-3B: 0-3 (K, F-8, 3-U)
6. Dustin Geiger, 3B-1B: 0-3 (F-8, K, 6-3)
7. Reggie Golden, LF-CF: 0-2 (K, BB, 6-3, R)
8. Gioskar Amaya, 2B: 0-3 (5-3, K, K)
9. Delbis Arcila, DH #2: 1-3 (K, 1B, P-5, RBI, R)
10. Oliver Zapata, RF: 0-2 (6-3, BB, 6-3)
1. Jeff Lorick: 2.0 IP, 1 H, 1 R (0 ER), 0 BB, 2 K, 30 pitches (20 strikes), 3/1 GO/FO
2. Luis Liria: 1.2 IP, 5 H, 6 R (5 ER), 1 BB, 3 K, 1 HR, 51 pitches (32 strikes), 1/2 GO/FO
3. Alvaro Sosa: 2.1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 3 K, 1 HBP, 39 pitches (21 strikes), 1/3 GO/FO
4. Brian Smith: 0.2 IP, 5 H, 5 R (5 ER), 1 BB, 0 K, 27 pitches (15 strikes), 1/1 GO/FO
5. Charles Thomas: 1.1 IP, 1 H, 1 R (1 ER), 1 BB, 1 K, 1 WP, 26 pitches (14 strikes), 0/2 GO/FO
1. 1B Ryan Cuneo E-3 (throwing error allowed runner to advance from 2nd base to 3rd base – eventually scored unearned run)
2. P Luis Liria E-1 (errant throw on attempted pick-off at 2nd base allowed runner to advance from 2nd base to 3rd base and runner on 1st base to advance to 2nd base)
3 C Engel Santana E-2 (errant throw on stolen base attempt allowed runner to advance from 2nd base to 3rd base)
4. 3B Dustin Geiger E-5 (throwing error allowed batter to reach base – eventually scored unearned run)
Engel Santana – 0-1 CS, 1 E (see above)
ATTENDANCE: 19 (mostly scouts)
WEATHER: Sunny and breezy with temperatures in the 80’s
FYI, formatting of the web page is weird.
Now who can argue with that? I think we're all indebted to Gabby Johnson for clearly stating what needed to be said. I'm particularly glad that these lovely children were here today to hear that speech. Not only was it authentic frontier gibberish, it expressed a courage little seen in this day and age.
White Sox new stadium name w apropos logo
it was between that and "more like the CRUNCH REALLY EARLY AM REPORTER because i'm gonna c.r.e.am all over this place."
i chose the classy route.
This picture is everything.
that was the 2nd greatest piece of performance art since Donald Trump's campaign
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good shit go౦ԁ sHit👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌shit right👌👌there👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯 i say so 💯 thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌👌🎩👓🎩👍🎩👓🎩👍🎩 euphoric logic !euphoric loGic👌 thats ✔ some euphoric👌💻 logic right👌💻there👌👍👌 Carl 🔭 Sagan🌌💫if i do ƽaү so gentlemen 💯 i say so 💯 thats euPhoric logic right there Richard 📒 Dawkins🎩 (chorus: socrates died for this shit) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👓👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌🎩 👌 💯 👌 👓🎩🎩🎩 👍👌euphoric logic slam me the FUCK uP 👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 john cena JOhN cEna
You can start the CRUNCH EARLY AM REPORTER. Then you can blog to yourself, and argue with yourself about Jon Lester.
my current job has me coming in at 7am (eastern)...i miss staying up til 2am to watch west coast games.
Remember when west coast road trips were a good time to catch up on some reading?
Taboola field is more appropriate.
we can only hope...
The things you have to do to pay for James Shields contract.
I wonder if they'll have to make use of the Guaranteed Rate logo, which is a giant red arrow pointing downward.
unsurprisingly, the White Sox continue a tradition of stupid stuff....
@DannyEcker BREAKING: Guaranteed Rate has purchased naming rights to U.S. Cellular Field. Will be known as Guaranteed Rate Field thru 2030.
that was a very kind 3rd strike to hendricks to end the 3rd.
man on 3rd, 0 outs and got 2 pop-ups and a K...Maddux-lite indeed