2011 TCR Free Agent Frenzy

It's that time again, although I'm a little late getting this up. Hopefully no one will sign immediately in the next couple of days. I added 3 names to the MLB contest to keep it at 15 like years past. Click here if the embedded form doesn't work.

May the force be with you!

Comments

Embedded didn't work, 'click here' did. Let me know if you didn't get it.

I love this stuff!!

I'm not really into this stuff but I'd love to see the results.

I got half way through and I was like, these dudes on this site are sick with how much they know compared to me.

So I don't even HAVE half a guess with Cliff Lee, although everyone thinks it's obvious.

I disagree. I think there's a 50-50 chance he stays with Texas, just because.

The rest of them, who the fuck knows. And none of them really get my pants wet anyway.

I didn't really know who one of the players is. The most difficult part was keeping track of which #'s you used.

I put Huff and Wood to the Cubs, both with lowish probability.

Sort of surprising that some of those guys are on the list ahead of DP Lee.

God, I pray to you. In the High Heavens. Find a way to destroy Facebook, and Twitter, before we get into the hot stove league.

I beg you Lord.

Undercover Boss was kind of fun. Felt good to see Wrigley on TV in November. Eyeroll

*rimshot

Is there a "select all" drop down for Cubs?

I did that last year and it didn't work out too well.

This is the first year in the last 2 or 3 that I don't see the Cubs signing any of them.... weird.

"Blue Jays hired Don Wakamatsu as bench coach"

pickings are getting thin sandberg...

...and from the world of "check out my laptop, dudes"...

"Mets have hired Paul DePodesta as vice president of player development and amateur scouting."

...and from the world of D.Lee...

"Derrek Lee underwent surgery Friday on his right thumb.
The veteran first baseman played the last month of the 2010 season with a torn ligament in his right hand, which partly explains his poor overall numbers."

...and from the department of you should seriously consider hiring someone that can hit a baseball because pitching isn't everything...

"Jon Heyman of SI.com reports that the A's have won the rights to bid exclusively on Japanese right-hander Hisashi Iwakuma."

Yo crunch! September was Derrek Lee's best month at the plate....304 .404 .511 .915

what does that have to do with tim wilken? =p hehe...

these quotes are culled from rotoworld blurbs, btw.

Lee only hits like a major league first basemen when he has a hand injury. Had he been hurt all year, the Cubs may have done a lot better.

• been like that everytime I've been there too including Jack Murphy/Qualcomm Stadium. Cubs travel well. It was pretty loud for Angels/Cubs this year and decent for Dodgers/Cubs but Dodger fans definitely turn out better than the Padre fans.

Rob G. 1 hour 32 min ago view
  • When I went in the 2007-2008 range, it was at least 75% Cubs fans.

blockhead25 1 hour 44 min ago view
  • Jeff Sullivan on Kris Bryant's lack of clutch hitting in 2016. Very good stuff, unsatisfying conclusion (it's probably random).

John Beasley 1 hour 45 min ago view
  • I was at Tuesday's game in San Diego. It looked like half of Chicago was at Petco. We were much louder than Padres fans.

BobbyD 1 hour 46 min ago view
  • We may have a chance to catch one in October. Although hell, I couldn't deal with my co-workers if we lose to them.

blockhead25 2 hours 6 min ago view
  • think I have to miss this series too (also was at the Arrieta game last year). But in my case, just had a busy weekend with work and kids have a bunch of activities and we made it to Opening Day in Anaheim and a couple of games in Wrigley this year which we normally don't get too...so not feeling like I'm missing out this year.

• they're awful

• I hope the Cubs play three good teams.

Jackstraw 2 hours 23 min ago view
  • First year I'm not going to a Cubs/Dodgers game in a long time. 4 month old baby kinda changes plans around. But the no-hitter I was at last year can last in the memory banks for awhile.

I think Dodger Dogs are awful. I love hot dogs, but those are crap.

blockhead25 2 hours 58 min ago view
  • ayyyy...get a doyer dog, then.

• I'm going to be at this one! Am told a Dodger Dog is just a long hot dog. Disappointing.

• If my math is correct, if the Cubs play .500 baseball for the rest of the season, they will finish with 99 wins. I only just confirmed through Baseball Reference that 97 wins last year (and 2008) were the most Cubs wins in my lifetime. I think that last year while Arrieta was pitching better than Cy F. Young I didn't really get or appreciate what he was doing. I'm trying to try to grasp in the moment just how fucking remarkable this season is.

Jackstraw 4 hours 12 min ago view
  • This is awesome.

(CSN Chicago will air Vin Scully's call of the Sunday Cubs vs. Dodgers game...well for an inning at least)

• I figured this was going to be the most meaningless regular season in Cubs history...and it is pretty much on point, although I certainly didn't think we'd have close to a 14 game lead.

But, one bad hop in game 1 in October could change absolutely everything we will remember about this year.

blockhead25 5 hours 48 min ago view
  • oh he's great, there's like 10 great pitchers in the NL right now that can flat out dominate though. Picking #2 (behind Kershaw) doesn't matter much to me right now. Much like whom the Cubs will play in the playoffs won't matter much, they're gonna be good teams.

• The Cubs great pitching has a lot more to do with their great defense this year and plenty of good luck  (#1 in ERA, #4 in FIP behind Nats, Mets and Dodgers with a rather ridiculous .258 BABIP against Cubs' pitchers).

Cubs pitchers do strike out more hitters than Giants pitchers and do walk more hitters than Giants pitchers so that's a few more balls in play. Cubs' pitchers actually have a higher groundball rate though. Crawford is just really good and baseball happens.