2011 TCR Free Agent Frenzy

It's that time again, although I'm a little late getting this up. Hopefully no one will sign immediately in the next couple of days. I added 3 names to the MLB contest to keep it at 15 like years past. Click here if the embedded form doesn't work.

May the force be with you!

Comments

Embedded didn't work, 'click here' did. Let me know if you didn't get it.

I love this stuff!!

I'm not really into this stuff but I'd love to see the results.

I got half way through and I was like, these dudes on this site are sick with how much they know compared to me.

So I don't even HAVE half a guess with Cliff Lee, although everyone thinks it's obvious.

I disagree. I think there's a 50-50 chance he stays with Texas, just because.

The rest of them, who the fuck knows. And none of them really get my pants wet anyway.

I didn't really know who one of the players is. The most difficult part was keeping track of which #'s you used.

I put Huff and Wood to the Cubs, both with lowish probability.

Sort of surprising that some of those guys are on the list ahead of DP Lee.

God, I pray to you. In the High Heavens. Find a way to destroy Facebook, and Twitter, before we get into the hot stove league.

I beg you Lord.

Undercover Boss was kind of fun. Felt good to see Wrigley on TV in November. Eyeroll

*rimshot

Is there a "select all" drop down for Cubs?

I did that last year and it didn't work out too well.

This is the first year in the last 2 or 3 that I don't see the Cubs signing any of them.... weird.

"Blue Jays hired Don Wakamatsu as bench coach"

pickings are getting thin sandberg...

...and from the world of "check out my laptop, dudes"...

"Mets have hired Paul DePodesta as vice president of player development and amateur scouting."

...and from the world of D.Lee...

"Derrek Lee underwent surgery Friday on his right thumb.
The veteran first baseman played the last month of the 2010 season with a torn ligament in his right hand, which partly explains his poor overall numbers."

...and from the department of you should seriously consider hiring someone that can hit a baseball because pitching isn't everything...

"Jon Heyman of SI.com reports that the A's have won the rights to bid exclusively on Japanese right-hander Hisashi Iwakuma."

Yo crunch! September was Derrek Lee's best month at the plate....304 .404 .511 .915

what does that have to do with tim wilken? =p hehe...

these quotes are culled from rotoworld blurbs, btw.

Lee only hits like a major league first basemen when he has a hand injury. Had he been hurt all year, the Cubs may have done a lot better.

Thanks crunch!!

It's mesmerizing

jacos 3 hours 47 min ago view
  • 5 HR in his last 5 games (3, 1 run...1, 2 run)

sure, 3 HR were in colorado, but 2 were in night games in SD. that evens out somehow.

• Good work!

John Beasley 6 hours 9 min ago view
  • crunch 12 hours 46 min ago view
  • My guy Addy

jacos 12 hours 47 min ago view
  • oh, another a.russell HR...whatever.

• Dylan Cease throwing gas tonight for the Emeralds. In first three innings, has hit 100 mph six times, averaging 98 mph

Eric S 13 hours 20 min ago view
  • Can I get a gif of Joe West's jowls waving as he chews gum?

/Asking for a friend

jacos 13 hours 44 min ago view
  • my gawd...that castillo-to-bryant pickoff was a thing of beauty. the knock on him in the minors being slow out of the crouch is looking less like a thing.

• bless your heart. *pinches cheeks*

• real shame I missed this week's episode of The Crunch Reporter.

It's highly unusual.

It does matter a little.

It matters much less than you think.

• four winds field is awesome. it's crazy how minor league parks have "grown up" since the 80s/90s and that park was one of the late-80s models that showed a low-capacity ballpark could look like you're at something other than a highschool baseball game.

crunch 20 hours 41 sec ago view
  • On another topic....I returned to South Bend last night for the 2nd time this season (still haven't tried either the deep-fried mac & cheese sandwich nor "The Porknado", as the drive home is over an hour and that could get ugly), and was pleasantly surprised to find D. Underwood pitching in a rehab start. He looked good -- although, to be fair, these are low-A hitters -- fastball consistently at 94-95 (if the SB scoreboard is to be believed -- several pitches were clocked in the 30s...) and with good location.

• he gains nothing, no advantage, no saving of resources, nothing...there is not a cost/benefit tradeoff...him letting the running game go on around him for others to control isn't gaining him an advantage elsewhere. it's putting him at a disadvantage even if it's not cashed in with a run.

• And out of respect for the rest of TCR, I'm done on this. I'm sure I'm not the only one in the other camp, but time to let it go. (Until the next Lester start. I kid.)

#baseballtalk

Tito 23 hours 52 min ago view
  • He is putting himself at a disadvanage. But how much of one relative to the rest of his game? He's not Justin Germano -- he's inarguably one of the best SPs in baseball, issue or not. It would be more of thing to discuss ad nauseum if it constantly caused him to give up runs and lose games. But it doesn't.

#baseballtalk