And After The Holiday Weekend...
...a whole lot of nothing.
- An article in a Dominican paper says the Cubs (so far) have been the most aggressive at pursuing Cuban outfielder Yoenis Cespedes.
- No real news out of the Cubs convention beyond the Kerry Wood signing ($3M with a $3M option for 2013) and the new patio deck in right field with the LED scoreboard.
- "One change the Cubs have already made was tweaking Tim Wilken's assignments, so that he's now director of amateur scouting and not carrying the additional workload of pro scouting." Word was Randy Bush occasionally had to rinse out the toilets at Wrigley Field to save a few bucks.
- McLeod allegedly said that he was rather surprised by the lack of player preparation amenities at Wrigley and there are plans in place to remedy it.
- Today is the day that teams and players file their arbitration number, the Cubs have yet to agree with any of their players: Jeff Baker($1.4M), Blake DeWitt($1.2M), Geovany Soto($4M), Matt Garza ($8.7M), Randy Wells ($2.2M), Ian Stewart($2M) or Chris Volstad($2.6M). The estimated figures come from Matt Swartz. Add that to the current player committments, auto-renewals (about $5-7M) and $5M owed Pena and the Cubs current payroll for 2012 is around $110M.
- Craig Counsell has decided to retire, but he will stay with the Brewers organization rather than joining Dale Sveum's staff.
- David Schoenfield ran a nice piece examining the best players in any 5-year year period starting from 1969. Ryne Sandberg and Sammy Sosa show up twice each.
Hey, Johann, don't blame yourself. It's obviously me. He hates bro-- wait, nothing, nevermind.
HAHAHA this is gold.
You have joined room: TCR_Parachat
Welcome to our live chat room!
johann: hey is there a game going on?
Mornington_Crescent has left.
johann: he hates carlos and I both!
I was at the bank drive through during that strike out and yelled so loud I think I scared multiple people in other cars
bullpen vs 5 innings (6 if you count the 4th)...that should make for an eventful rest of the game.
Don't think I've ever seen a crowd go that crazy for a K to end the 4th inning.
This is going to be a long, crazy, afternoon.
Turn off the TV, and good things happen. back to work.
Folks, the local watering hole calls.
I LOVE YOU
Was there, MC ignored me, left >:(
That was a bad first inning.
is anyone on parachat?
Battle through Jason, get to the fifth giving up only those two, Cubs will be alright.
Carlos_RM: This Piscotty fellow...
Carlos_RM: He's not likeable
Well, at least it took Hammel 2 batters to give up a first inning run.
Worst nightmare realized in under 3 minutes.