Truth in John Nuveen/Chicago Cubs Advertising

John Nuveen poster for Wrigley Field

From a campaign for Nuveen Investments designed specifically for use in and around the Wrigley Field skyboxes.You can see the rest of the posters here and here.

Comments

One of hundreds of seats at Wrigley Field without obstructive view.

"The Cubs new January schedule means plenty of available seats for the entire family"

"For the low cost of your first-born, you can reserve a season ticket at Wrigley"*
(*additional seats require additional children, children must be in good health and vaccinated)

Nice find!

So I imagine the line-up looks like this:

DH Fukudome
LF Patterson
1b Lee
3b Ram
CF Edmonds
RF Ward/C Soto
C Soto/RF Ward
2b Fontenot
SS Theriot

That looks like an outfield that can turn some outs into doubles.

Theriot also a benchwarmer, as the line-up is:

DH Fukudome

RF Dye
DH Thome
1b Swisher
3b Crede
2b Ramirez
CF Wise

I dont understand playing Ward in RF or giving Cedeno a bat.

this is a 1/2meg image.

link to or download and replace with this. it's 24.6K

i re-sized it to fit the dimensions given in the url source for the image size.

Did it. Thanks, Crunch.

good thing i was able to grab it before the change. new desktop wallpaper!

if you follow the link below the image in the post it sends you to a page with a whole bunch of them (including that one).

i cropped out the image of the ivy going up at wrigley, myself. i considered that one a "gold" find for sure. thanks cubnut.

• Eloy Jimenez grand slam tonight. Hoping Soler power returns and gets hot but future looks bright in the outfield regardless.

Eric S 3 hours 19 min ago view
  • Have fun - It may be good for Arrieta to be facing a team that doesn't know him as well as the NL teams. A nice shutout would do wonders for his confidence. He is confident in public but baseball is hard and he could use a boost, I'm sure.

• Me too. I'll be at the game tomorrow and would love to see Good Arrieta.

Brick 4 hours 24 min ago view
  • Last few games have been the April version of the Cubs that disappeared completely the past two months.
    Hope they can sustain it.

blockhead25 4 hours 51 min ago view
  • Don't sell yourself short, Judge.

Jackstraw 5 hours 18 min ago view
  • I love this team.

Looks like Mother Nature is trying to call this fight.

Rob Richardson 6 hours 46 min ago view
  • Hey! I remember this team!

• The key for Heyward's offense: get early leads. Heard a stat on Mike & Mike on the way to work that his avg/power much better this year when the Cubs have the lead. And true to form he gets the two run dinger with Cubs winning 3-0 ...

Eric S 8 hours 21 min ago view
  • I'm sorry - I was probably not looking at the correct line, or spot, or...who knows!

I could blame it on the weed, but I stopped smoking many years ago.

Fortunately, I can rely on the rest of you sober and astute folks to bring the correct info forth.

• Oh yeah! It just felt like one for some reason.

• Agreed. I was not including Fowler or Heyward.

I'm just not a fan of 2016 Coghlan.....

Dusty Baylor 10 hours 1 min ago view
  • @Dusty Contreras if it's a Lester or Arrieta start. TLS is good PH too. You also forgot about Heyward, assume Fowler is CF.

chitownmvp01 10 hours 2 min ago view
  • I expect Soler to get optioned as well when activated and Cahill to replace Grimm. It wouldn't surprise me if Coghlan and/or Soler is included in a trade.

Maybe Coghlan is up to see if he can get on track before someone acquires him.

This move could also be to assure that we have as much OF depth as possible to maximize Joe's ability to rest players in September once we've clinched.

chitownmvp01 10 hours 4 min ago view
  • Maddon basically said as much...Fowler still kind of sore, they're being proactive, etc.

Tito 10 hours 6 min ago view
  • La Stella at 2B...Baez at 3B, or vice versa. Zobrist in RF, Bryant in LF No one gets bumped.

Dusty Baylor 10 hours 14 min ago view
  • If Coghlan is leading off, I assume Fowler is getting the day off. Who is supposed to lead off, then? Someone has to get on base for Bryant and Rizzo. Coghlan's OBP is .346 with the Cubs. Jackson's was .304. LaStella can lead off, but then he has to play second or third, and bump Zobrist or Baez.

Unless he gets hot, Coghlan will likely change places with Soler soon.

VirginiaPhil 10 hours 16 min ago view