Site News and Downtime

I just wanted to give you guys a heads up that I will be doing a very minor security upgrade to the site at 2:30 PM CST today.The whole process shouldn't take more than twenty minutes. Once finished, I'm pretty sure I've figured out how to keep Chad out of the site permanently.

I kid because I care.

Otherwise, I added a link to our mobile site in the upper navigation bar or you can enter your phone number in the box on the lower right and have the link sent to your cell phone. I've also added a brief shout-out to those who were are top givers during our April donation drive in the lower left sidebar. Finally, reader Wiscgrad provided us with a wonderful resource that lists how the Cubs have faired in All-Star games, award balloting, the Hall of Fame and much more. You can find the link via the "TCR Junk Drawer" in the navigation bar as well.

Tags:

Comments

I meant an hour and there would be a big bug with my tabs and drop-down menus.

(sigh)

it should all be fixed now...except I seem to have lost the numbered comments. That might take a little longer to get back.

anyone with IE7 not seeing the image in the featured post?

and below the CBS ad on the right, is it all white after the stories?

Yep, not seeing image with IE7

I think the server I was pulling from for the image in the upper left featured post was the problem. Does everyone see Len and Bob now?

No idea what's with the CBS ad though. There's suppose to be ads below the story elements, seems to work fine in FF and Safari.

I see Len and Bob.

I see dead people.

I see London, I see France...

• Oh my! Cards down 2-1 to Reds in the bottom of the 9th -- get a leadoff triple -- and don't score!

• Gameday has stopped at the top of the 8th inning. Google tells me it ended up 8-4 Pirates but I can't get further detail. Guess I'll have to wait until the Cubs' website updates...

JoePepitone 4 hours 8 min ago view
  • Attaboy!

• Phil, thanks for posting. Where do find the schedule? I have a condo in Surprise, yet I drove to Mesa and Tempe looking for a game today! Thanks!

rvimpeny 4 hours 24 min ago view
  • Dear Baseball Gods--
    My trip to Chicago has nothing whatsoever to do with the Cubs. In actuality, I am a Red Sox fan.
    Sincerely,
    CTSteve

CTSteve 4 hours 25 min ago view
  • Well, if Strop had to give up a run...at least he hit Sean Rodriguez to do it.

• strop...stawwwp.

jaso has a cycle and 5 rbis...pit leads by 4.

• have a nice bowl of pizza soup deep dish pizza...or a leisurely walk around the notorious south-side (bring money)...shopping at one of the walmart supercenters...waiting in line to waste $20 at willis tower...

seriously, though...it's chicago, a lot to do. have a dog for lunch, a great dinner, and catch some local comedy.

• Strange, because he really seemed to have the Pirates number last year.

Bummer for Jake -- I think this is the first time all year his ERA has been over 3.00, and that will be his number for the year.

• Jinx remover -- your trip doesn't have to be for a baseball game -- lots of stuff to do here in town.

• Guess they could always try to White Sox (and Bears...sob) approach: Never Rebuild! Seems to work pretty well for them.

billybucks 5 hours 21 sec ago view
  • 3rd time this season he's given up 6+ runs to PIT...only team he's given up 6+ runs to this season.

7 runs is the most he's given up since august 6th in colorado...in 2014.

• Over 100 pitches, only the 5th.

Brick 5 hours 32 min ago view
  • coghlan out...got his cleats stuck in the wall attempting a play (failed, but looked great doing it). walking off on his own, precautionary/day-to-day looking stuff...hopefully not worse.

also, jake arrieta is literally worse than hitler. 1-5, bottom 5. ...make that 1-6, bottom 5. ...make that 1-7, bottom 5.

• Coghlan crashes into wall and comes up limping, looks like left knee or ankle. Leaves game...

Arrieta inspiring no confidence yet again.

• from a sun-times article that I won't link to so you don't have to bear the ad-loading that will crush your browser

When he left Boston after nine years as general manager, Epstein said he believed in the philosophy espoused by legendary football coach Bill Walsh: essentially that 10 years is a natural shelf life for a high-stress job.