TCR Friday Notes
- Everyone's favorite topic...lineups!!!
On days when switch hitter Aaron Miles plays second base and Kosuke Fukudome plays center field, Piniella said he likes this lineup: Soriano, Miles, Lee, Bradley, Ramirez, Fukudome, Geovany Soto and Ryan Theriot. That's a right-switch-right-switch-right-left-right-right alignment.
Armchair managers commence bitching! Between rumors of 400 AB's and now batting second, Aaron Miles has all the makings of being the new ¡Neifi! It's like no one in the Cubs organization has noticed that his likely unrepeatable .343 BABIP last season accounted for nearly all of his .753 OPS "success".
- Alex Eisenberg runs one of my favorite prospect sites - Baseball Intellect. He clearly didn't get the memo about Prospect List-mania 2009 coming out this week or he would have gotten to his top top Cubs prospects by now . Alex does do a great job of mixing minor league statistical analysis with good old-fashioned scouting, plus the frame-by-frame animations are fantastic. Check out how Jay Jackson's arm slot makes it tough to pick up his slider versus his fastball.
- An old Marquette classmate of mine has some ideas about the lot adjacent to Wrigley. Beats the Mrs. Field's Cookies and Victoria's Secret that will probably go into the mall they're going to end up building.
- Looks like some of the readers are starting up a keeper fantasy league and I think they could use a few more warm bodies.
- Kerry 20K Parachat Viewing Party this Sunday at 9PM CST. You can view it on DVD, Itunes or at MLB.com.
Wait...you're flip-flopping again?!
Is this legal? What is the rule here on opining definitively and then changing your mind?
I am not only surprised at your declaration, but Cutler's better 2015 showing. I don't get it - he went through Martz, Turner, Trestman, Kromer, and now Gase...and he is still here! And. he'll be here mext year too.
Happ signs w Jays
Morsi saying Price won't be a Jay
needs more d.beeler and e.jokisch
As an Illinois tax payer I appreciate what they r doing
+ Bankruptcy Court
2 spots left on the 40-man...wonder if they're going to play around in the rule-5 market...
A special after day after Thanksgiving thanks to AZ for his insanely detailed posts on all things roster. I don't know how you keep track of all that stuff - I suspect a chip implant, but whatever it is, it's cool.
...the wrong half.
there's nothing like crapping out of the playoffs with a strong/young cheap team after pinching pennies for years then having theo talk about having to be creative with money to make things work for 2016...but hey, baseball isn't baseball without a farmer's market and beer garden plaza with ice rinks.
they can do both...then again, if you want to look at it from a business point of view, they don't have to do both because the team is expected to be competitive and the merch+tickets+eyes-on-team are going to be at a peak unless they fail badly.
They are trying to bring the facility to the 20th century.
I think they know what they are doing.
With the Cubs adding Pierce Johnson to their roster and not exposing/losing him to the Rule 5 Draft keeps the trade ancestry tree alive that started in 1999 with Tom Gordon and undrafted Adam Morrissey and includes 17 players, the trade tree progressed to involve the Hee Sop Choi for Derrek Lee deal and the famous Aramis Ramirez/Kenny Lofton deal..Pierce Johnson is the compensation pick for Aramis Ramirez in 2012
the Rex brothers?
Yeah, the Rex brothers, Tyrannosaurus and Oedipus