TCR Friday Notes
3. The idea that a lack of walks is the ONLY reason Dawson has not been
elected to the Hall of Fame does not ring true for me. If Dawson had
3,000 hits, he would be in the Hall of Fame. He does not. If Dawson had
500 homers, he would be in the Hall of Fame. He does not. If Dawson had
managed to stay in center field for more than seven years — that is if
his knees had not gone out on him — he would be in the Hall of Fame.
His knees did go out (and I think he won four pretty suspect Gold
Gloves in right field). If Dawson had hit .300 instead of .279 for his
career, he would be in the Hall of Fame, and probably if he hit .290.
If Dawson had driven in 100 RBIs 10 times instead of four, score 100
runs 10 times instead of two … on and on.
- Fangraphs takes a quick tour of the Cubs prospects and Alex Eisenberg finishes his top 15 list.
- Spot the current Cub coach in this clip. Question is, how does a die-hard Tigers fan not know who he's talking with at the bar?
- We won an award. Thank you, thank you very much...I'd like to thank God for giving me the strength to write about this insufferable franchise on a nearly daily basis. And the Angel Fan Wife for putting up with her insufferable husband while he follows this insufferable team. Oh yeah, and thanks to the rest of the writers which you all actually come here to read.
- Starting to switch back over to the in-season look around the site. The schedule and weather are back on the left sidebar and game results are back as well at the top right.
Enjoy the weekend!