Game 101 Thread / Cubs @ Diamondbacks (3 of 3)

Game Chat | Press Pass | BR Preview

SP *Ted Lilly SP *Doug Davis
  9-6, 4.49 ERA, 114 K, 43 BB, 122.1 IP
3-4, 4.14 ERA, 61 K, 38 BB, 74 IP

LF Alfonso Soriano SS *Stephen Drew
SS Ryan Theriot 2B #Augie Ojeda
1B Derrek Lee LF Conor Jackson
3B Aramis Ramirez 3B Mark Reynolds
C Geovany Soto CF Chris Young
RF *Kosuke Fukudome 1B *Tony Clark
2B Mark DeRosa C Chris Snyder
CF Reed Johnson RF Chris Burke
P *Ted Lilly P *Doug Davis

Before the game, the Cubs activated Alfonso Soriano and Scott Eyre and demoted Kevin Hart and Micah Hoffpauir. May your bat be blessed with many a run-scoring hit, Mr. Soriano.

During the game, Lilly and Davis will face-off again after their epic Game 2 duel from last October.  May you not throw down your glove in anger this time around, Mr. Lilly.

Please win!

Comments

I don' care if he's rusty. We need him back.

Welcome back Alf!

A leadoff homerun would be just the welcome he needs.

how's about a leadoff strikeout? =p

damn davis...at least he got 6 pitches outta it.

This lineup sucks.

Ain't no way the Cubs will be able to hold on to first place by the end of the year with their road play.

If they are fortunate enough to even make the playoffs, going deep into it would be truly amazing.

up 1-0 in the 5th but Prince and Yost just got ejected.

....annnnd that's your ballgame.

Well, first place was fun while it lasted.

....annnnd that's your ballgame.

Well, first place was fun while it lasted.

....annnnd that's your ballgame.

Well, first place was fun while it lasted.

wow -- sorry for the multiple pathetic posts.

CC with a 3-hit shutout.

Yikes.

WOW TED he's amazing, he can hit, steal, pick guys off at 3rd...he can do everything....

Oh, yeah, well, there's pitching...

Guess ARam forgot how to run the bases during his time away from them.

ALright CUBS!!
Keep going!!!

Two series in a row have to salvage the last game of the series. They need to take 3 out of 4 vs the Marlins and do it in pretty convincing fashion. A split in Milwaukee would be fine with me, but I'm getting way ahead of myself.

If were doing predictions, we might as well go for a sweep of the Marlins.

• J-Hey not finishing with an offensive onslaught.

If Geoff Blum could be a Playoff hero, there is hope still...

The E-Man 1 hour 2 min ago view
  • Giants scare me. I think you're wrong about Bumgarner, he would pitch on short rest for Game 2 and then full rest for Game 5. Cueto would go Game 1, then short rest in game 4. Add in some really tough outs in that lineup and I want nothing to do with them. With that rotation they can easily steal a series.

Cards are a tough matchup. The rivalry evens out their comparable lack of talent. And like someone said, they love HRs, which is how to beat the Cubs. The upside is that I would feel really good about Lester twice against STL.

John Beasley 1 hour 48 min ago view
  • j.buchanan with a nice start...5ip 2h 1bb 3k, 0r/er

zobrist with 2HR and a double through 8

heyward 0-4 :(

• Mark Gonzales @MDGonzales

Soler likely to return Sunday, Maddon says

• Right now, I'd like to see the Mets first, Giants 2nd.

I believe that since most of the team from last years' NLCS is on the squad this year, they will really amp their game up even more to kick their ass in payback for 2015.

The Giants just do not have the depth in years past, and I think all things equal - and at Wrigley - they could handle them.

I do not want to see the Cards, period. Or their fans, media, or Joe Buck.

• I don't want to play Braves in the first round. Any friggin team in the league can win 3 of 5..I hate the first round. Furthermore, I wanted to play the Marlins in 2003 and the Mets over Dodgers last year.

With that said in reverse order:
    3. Cardinals: It will be devastating to lose in the first round, but even worse to their main rival. It is increased incentive for the Cardinals, especially after last year. Cards would have nothing to lose, Cubs have everything to lose.

2. Giants: Rotation in the playoffs scare me a bit, but what a lousy team.

blockhead25 17 hours 28 min ago view
  • 1. Mets--because of the losses in the rotation
    2. Giants--because they're not the team they were BUT they maybe have bullshit even-year magic?
    3. Cardinals--because rivalry and not making the playoffs hurts them more than losing in the NLDS plus getting eliminated by them in the playoffs would make for horrible sports commentary next throughout next season.

• Who's asking?

jacos 19 hours 14 min ago view
  • #TeamEntropy

CLE/DET rained out last night already, possible rain-outs in New York (vs. Baltimore), Boston(vs. Toronto) and Philly(vs. Mets) this weekend too.

Not only games involving playoff spots that would need to be played, but any that involve home field advantage.

• I got the first one! Second one I'm not even sure what even/odd betting is.

• any opponent preference for NLDS?

Mets are down to 1 great pitcher instead of 4. Syndegaard may pitch Sunday which means if Mets win the WC game, he'd be set up for Game 1. There's a chance they clinch a spot by Sunday so he'd pitch the WC and then we'd probably get Colon for Game 1. They've certainly had the hottest bats over the last week and month out of the WC options.

• Rob Richardson 1 day 1 hour ago view
  • Can't teach height and thinness

jacos 1 day 3 hours ago view
  • Hopefully Pirates don't call up A. Lincoln.

jacos 1 day 13 hours ago view
  • j.buchanan going friday...should be...baseball...or something like it.

crunch 1 day 13 hours ago view
  • Wow. I didn't know they could do that.

Nice for Willson, not so much for Addy.

billybucks 1 day 13 hours ago view