TCR '09 Contest
It's time for another TCR contest. 10 questions which you need to enter on this google spreadsheet. Just enter your name below the last entry and fill-in your response. It should auto-save as you enter your answers. I short-handed the questions on the spreadsheet, but here are the full questions (10 pts for each correct answer):
1) Total regular season wins for the team (10 pts for the correct answer, subtract 1 pt for each win you're off by)
2) First player on the original 25-man roster to the disabled list?
3) Most HR's by a Cub in 2009?
4) Most Stolen Bases by a Cub in 2009?
5) Which Cub will finish highest in the NL MVP Voting?
6) First player to be called up from the minor leagues?
7) Most wins by a Cubs pitcher?
8) Most plate appearances for the Cubs in the #2 spot in the lineup?
9) Most plate appearances for the Cubs in the #8 spot in the lineup?
10) Most innings pitched by a Cub?
Tie-break question) Innings pitched by Jeff Samardzija in the majors? (Closest wins)
I don't have a prize yet but I'll figure out something by the time this is complete after the NL MVP voting. Question #2 depends on the original 25-man roster, so if they put Rich Harden on before or as they announce the final roster, that doesn't count, so you might wait to answer that or go back and change it before the entry period closes. I assume I can trust everyone not to cheat and edit other people's entries. I will ask everyone to check their answers after I do close it which will be after the first pitch on Monday against the Astros.
Maybe he can even fall asleep/passout at a red light. #cardinalway
hopefully he has enough time to pound 6-10 beers before the drive back home.
: / )
Yeah, there's that....
CTSteve -- have they decided to skip tomorrow's game...? (I keed)
Not a bad thing -- Bryant and Miggy are hurt, and Ross could use a day off.
2016 .607 ops
Plus bad fielding
taylor davis moved to AAA to take the place of that other catcher guy dude person.
Who's Mr. June-August? Can't be Jorge "Mr. 1.705 Playoff OPS " Soler, can it?
Chesny Young 4-5 tonight for Tenn. Now hitting .410 with an OBP over .500.
Looks like Soler has decided to take the "can't play in the cold" thing head-on. No longer wearing the cold-weather under gear.
Cubs record for last 3 months of regular season baseball: 59 - 23. (Aug, Sept/Oct and April, with one still to go).
That's a .720 winning percentage and projects to 117 wins over 162 games.
That's a lot of dance parties.
So where does Warren G rank in the list of terrible "Take me out to the ballgame" renditions? It's gotta be near the top.