TCR '09 Contest
It's time for another TCR contest. 10 questions which you need to enter on this google spreadsheet. Just enter your name below the last entry and fill-in your response. It should auto-save as you enter your answers. I short-handed the questions on the spreadsheet, but here are the full questions (10 pts for each correct answer):
1) Total regular season wins for the team (10 pts for the correct answer, subtract 1 pt for each win you're off by)
2) First player on the original 25-man roster to the disabled list?
3) Most HR's by a Cub in 2009?
4) Most Stolen Bases by a Cub in 2009?
5) Which Cub will finish highest in the NL MVP Voting?
6) First player to be called up from the minor leagues?
7) Most wins by a Cubs pitcher?
8) Most plate appearances for the Cubs in the #2 spot in the lineup?
9) Most plate appearances for the Cubs in the #8 spot in the lineup?
10) Most innings pitched by a Cub?
Tie-break question) Innings pitched by Jeff Samardzija in the majors? (Closest wins)
I don't have a prize yet but I'll figure out something by the time this is complete after the NL MVP voting. Question #2 depends on the original 25-man roster, so if they put Rich Harden on before or as they announce the final roster, that doesn't count, so you might wait to answer that or go back and change it before the entry period closes. I assume I can trust everyone not to cheat and edit other people's entries. I will ask everyone to check their answers after I do close it which will be after the first pitch on Monday against the Astros.
Maddon shore isn't afraid to bat a rookie 4th in the order.
how many pairs of dice did dusty leave hidden around the park when he left the cubs?
Line-up shakeup, going all-2015 with pitcher batting 8th, Bryant 2nd
J-Hey, Bryant 1B, Zobrist, Willson, Coghlan, Baez 3B, Russell, Hendricks, Almora
The Cubs are currently down Schwarber, Fowler, Soler, and Rizzo and Montero appear to be day-to-day. Maybe not surprising that they are struggling a bit as they rely more than expected on Baez, Russell, Almora, Contreras, and Szczur to provide offensive value.
Joe: "I loved the way we brought it today, man. We'll take this every night and win a lot of ballgames like that. Losing 4 in a row...that's nothin'."
9 runs in 4 games. Zobrist slumping. Russell having a tough time. Almora not a contact guy. They miss Fowler big time.
Bring the A-Team back.
4 losses in a row for the 1st time this season.
RIP 2016 cubs.
i'll never forget clayton richard throwing that 1 inning that didn't suck.
see you guys next season.
Yeesh. Shut down innings a thing of the past for the Cubbies
Not the best of nights for Russell - should of nailed Stanton at second on Ross's throw but mishandles it ... so of course Stanton comes around and scores as well
Guys, I've decided to focus on the first awesome two and a half months instead of this disastrous end to the season. Remember Arrieta's no-no, Contreras's first-ever-pitch HR, all the amazing defensive gems by Baez?
We'll get 'em next year!
David Fuckin Ross!!!
That Baez almost-out defensive play was bonkers.
2- if miami was a team with decent runners i'd be more scared...or if they get guys on 1st and 2nd with less than 2 outs
3- yes...he could use a roid re-up
wow...miami's running game is even weaker than i thought. stolen bases is a lazy way to gauge running quality, but tonight's lineup has 7 SBs on the year and it's only 2 guys. they have 19 total SB and 6 of those are d.gordon...and 6 are ichiro. only 4 guys on the roster all season have successfully stolen a base and 1 is suspended.
1) If Cubs are going to play a catcher at 1B, why not just gear him up and call it second home plate and see if they can trick Lester into throwing there every now and again.
2) Between Lester on the mound, and a catcher at 1B, bunting might be lucrative for the Marlins.
3) Barry Bonds looks deflated. I mean physically.
Smokies lineup sure could use the help. Promotions of Candalario and Zagunis to Iowa crippled the offense - McKinney's continued power outage not helping things.
wow happ...i thought they'd "go slow" with his development because of the lack of need and giving him time to try to stick at 2nd. neat.
he turns 22 in a couple months.