TCR '09 Contest
It's time for another TCR contest. 10 questions which you need to enter on this google spreadsheet. Just enter your name below the last entry and fill-in your response. It should auto-save as you enter your answers. I short-handed the questions on the spreadsheet, but here are the full questions (10 pts for each correct answer):
1) Total regular season wins for the team (10 pts for the correct answer, subtract 1 pt for each win you're off by)
2) First player on the original 25-man roster to the disabled list?
3) Most HR's by a Cub in 2009?
4) Most Stolen Bases by a Cub in 2009?
5) Which Cub will finish highest in the NL MVP Voting?
6) First player to be called up from the minor leagues?
7) Most wins by a Cubs pitcher?
8) Most plate appearances for the Cubs in the #2 spot in the lineup?
9) Most plate appearances for the Cubs in the #8 spot in the lineup?
10) Most innings pitched by a Cub?
Tie-break question) Innings pitched by Jeff Samardzija in the majors? (Closest wins)
I don't have a prize yet but I'll figure out something by the time this is complete after the NL MVP voting. Question #2 depends on the original 25-man roster, so if they put Rich Harden on before or as they announce the final roster, that doesn't count, so you might wait to answer that or go back and change it before the entry period closes. I assume I can trust everyone not to cheat and edit other people's entries. I will ask everyone to check their answers after I do close it which will be after the first pitch on Monday against the Astros.
I've been waiting a long time to say this... here it goes:
SEASON IS OVER, CARDINALS. SUUUUUUUUCK IT.
LAD/NYM going a full 5 games would rock. more rest for the cubs pitchers, less rest for theirs...
kershaw on the mound, NYM lead the series 2-1.
I'll happily settle for 4 to do something the team hasn't done in 70 years...until we win 4...then I'll get greedy ;-)
8 more wins, please.
4 more wins please.
Woo Woo! Woo Woo!
YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH W
Ha. Saw that. Pretty close.
So supposedly Schwarber was just the 1st Cubs player to hit a ball into Lake Michagan
Pretty good pitch by Cahill that Cruz hit, though throwing a breaking ball in the dirt seems like a better option in retrospect.
Cubs need to keep the foot on the gas at the plate. 4 runs won't be enough.
Hey, Johann, don't blame yourself. It's obviously me. He hates bro-- wait, nothing, nevermind.
HAHAHA this is gold.