TCR Tuesday Notes
Some stuff I've been meaning to mention...
- Scout.com's top 5 hitting prospects at the moment...
- Jake Fox
- Josh Harrison
- Tony Thomas
- Brad Snyder
- Rebel Ridling
and on the pitching side...
- Dan McDaniel
- Jose Ascanio
- Ryan Searle
- Chris Archer
- Chris Carpenter
- This article is a couple weeks old, but Craig Brown has figured out what is wrong wtih Derrek Lee from the comfort of his computer. While the data he presents courtesy of Fangraphs is interesting in of itself, you have to love the conclusion he conjured up.
For starters, he needs to lay off all pitches outside the strike zone
and focus only on those pitches that are over the plate - the pitches
where he can actually accomplish something productive. Then, he needs
to concentrate on making solid contact.
So swing at strikes Derrek and make sure it's good contact when you do swing...a hitting coach in the making.
- Most of you have probably seen this one already, but History Channel did some morose show about life on Earth after all the people died. They imagined what would happen to Wrigley Field in the process.
- Joe Aiello at VFTB is asking Cubs fans to fill out his "Cubs Confidence Survey".
- Want all your Cubs news in one place (or any other team?), try Baseball Tribune.
CTSteve -- have they decided to skip tomorrow's game...? (I keed)
Not a bad thing -- Bryant and Miggy are hurt, and Ross could use a day off.
2016 .607 ops
Plus bad fielding
taylor davis moved to AAA to take the place of that other catcher guy dude person.
Who's Mr. June-August? Can't be Jorge "Mr. 1.705 Playoff OPS " Soler, can it?
Chesny Young 4-5 tonight for Tenn. Now hitting .410 with an OBP over .500.
Looks like Soler has decided to take the "can't play in the cold" thing head-on. No longer wearing the cold-weather under gear.
Cubs record for last 3 months of regular season baseball: 59 - 23. (Aug, Sept/Oct and April, with one still to go).
That's a .720 winning percentage and projects to 117 wins over 162 games.
That's a lot of dance parties.
So where does Warren G rank in the list of terrible "Take me out to the ballgame" renditions? It's gotta be near the top.
They only need to win 18 more in a row to match the 1984 start of the Detroit Tigers.
I agree that it is frustrating and baffling and I am surprised more teams don't try and take advantage of it. However, in the end, I would rather have a pitcher that has 4-5 outs innings versus 4-5 runs innings.
.464 obp play him over Mr june-august
And he can play the field
I don't have any problem being "reminded" of it -- but anything more than a short sentence about it makes my eyes glaze over and skip to the bottom.