TCR Tuesday Notes
Some stuff I've been meaning to mention...
- Scout.com's top 5 hitting prospects at the moment...
- Jake Fox
- Josh Harrison
- Tony Thomas
- Brad Snyder
- Rebel Ridling
and on the pitching side...
- Dan McDaniel
- Jose Ascanio
- Ryan Searle
- Chris Archer
- Chris Carpenter
- This article is a couple weeks old, but Craig Brown has figured out what is wrong wtih Derrek Lee from the comfort of his computer. While the data he presents courtesy of Fangraphs is interesting in of itself, you have to love the conclusion he conjured up.
For starters, he needs to lay off all pitches outside the strike zone
and focus only on those pitches that are over the plate - the pitches
where he can actually accomplish something productive. Then, he needs
to concentrate on making solid contact.
So swing at strikes Derrek and make sure it's good contact when you do swing...a hitting coach in the making.
- Most of you have probably seen this one already, but History Channel did some morose show about life on Earth after all the people died. They imagined what would happen to Wrigley Field in the process.
- Joe Aiello at VFTB is asking Cubs fans to fill out his "Cubs Confidence Survey".
- Want all your Cubs news in one place (or any other team?), try Baseball Tribune.
he's 8th in innings pitched in baseball this year and has thrown over 200 innings in 7 of the last 8 seasons. He finished 21st in MLB in IP, 9th in the NL . Plus, going to your bullpen has a much different meaning in baseball the last few years anyway...
You're looking for a one percentage increase in performance from a guy already outperforming the league by 25-30%. Might as well ask be asking Anthony Rizzo to steal more bases.
In honor of playing Dusty tomorrow he's just clogging the bases.
...or he might have more innings under his belt to be very effective in his starts before going to the pen...among other things.
Wilson Contreras today for Iowa: 0-for-0 with 2 runs scored. 4 BB.
Ross has a 0.79 ERA and 0.97 WHIP. He has a pretty low K rate but he has a ridiculously low hard hit % and no HRS off him yet.
Small man gonna small.
Imagine if Schwarber was healthy.
J.Zimmermann with a 695 at the moment, Arrieta is second at 495. Ross apparently hasn't qualified yet with just 4 starts and 22 IP fwiw.
Cubs Foe Tomorrow -
The Cubs are facing young Joe Ross tomorrow night for the Nats.
He has an ERA+ of 542. NOT a typo.
I don't think I have seen that recently...
as if you hadn't noticed, but the Cubs are dominating baseball at the moment at a level that has not been seen too often in baseball history.
if only he could throw a ball to first base, he might have a negative ERA and the Cubs would be undefeated.
Thanks for the extensive scouting report.
How about that Lester. What a beast. A nifty 1.58 ERA/227 ERA+
Sean Rodriguez still a douche
Strop quick pitches him and so he jaws with Strop and Cubs dugout.
Get use to it Pauly Shore, Buccos are done
was the last out, bottom 6th more about Adam Warren being good or about the Pirates struggling this series?
and on cue, Len and JD discuss:
JD: It appears that Adam Warren is becoming Joe Maddon's favorite club.
Len: You mean favorite Cub?
JD: No like a favorite golf club.
Len: Like Billie Baroo (then does Ted Knight/Judge Smails impersonation from Caddyshack)