TCR Tuesday Notes
Some stuff I've been meaning to mention...
- Scout.com's top 5 hitting prospects at the moment...
- Jake Fox
- Josh Harrison
- Tony Thomas
- Brad Snyder
- Rebel Ridling
and on the pitching side...
- Dan McDaniel
- Jose Ascanio
- Ryan Searle
- Chris Archer
- Chris Carpenter
- This article is a couple weeks old, but Craig Brown has figured out what is wrong wtih Derrek Lee from the comfort of his computer. While the data he presents courtesy of Fangraphs is interesting in of itself, you have to love the conclusion he conjured up.
For starters, he needs to lay off all pitches outside the strike zone
and focus only on those pitches that are over the plate - the pitches
where he can actually accomplish something productive. Then, he needs
to concentrate on making solid contact.
So swing at strikes Derrek and make sure it's good contact when you do swing...a hitting coach in the making.
- Most of you have probably seen this one already, but History Channel did some morose show about life on Earth after all the people died. They imagined what would happen to Wrigley Field in the process.
- Joe Aiello at VFTB is asking Cubs fans to fill out his "Cubs Confidence Survey".
- Want all your Cubs news in one place (or any other team?), try Baseball Tribune.
I noticed that too. He's getting to everything, but when he gets right under it on a high flyball he looks uncomfortable
Did you expect anything different?
Wow, did they blow this game. Stupid plays by the kids in the 7th -- Almora throwing to 3rd instead of 2nd to keep the DP in order (when a DP probably wins the game) and Baez throwing to 3rd (to a backpedalling KB) instead of getting the easy 2nd out at first - cost them the game. Also, Contreras almost throws the ball into RF on a nonexistent pick-off play. And Maddon, for using Peralta in the first place. Did they do a bunch of shots in the dugout before the 7th? Unbelievably bad baseball. I thought Almora had a high baseball IQ?
men on 2nd/3rd, 0 out...and nothing.
cubs lose :(
UH OH! RALLY TIME!
Getting tired of this Heywood weak sauce
Yep, can't say I disagree with that. His first batter and resulting walk was just brutal. Reminded me of a bit of Jacque Jones spiking his throws into the ground from RF.
The use of Peralta in any
semblance of a high leveragesituation is questionable at best.
fixed that for ya.
The use of Peralta in any semblance of a high leverage situation is questionable at best. Hind sight is easy but Peralta had nothing.
make that just peralta...
a.soriano new OF fielding coach?
Why is Almora jumping up on catches?
"Tommy La Stella (hamstring) will remain on his minor league rehab assignment through at least Friday."
should be an interesting roster shuffle once these guys trickle back in. i imagine patton or peralta are on the hot seat for la stella's return.
6 pitches, 2 run lead.
So am I. Point remains.
Not certain why the site has been slowed. Worked much of Wednesday on it and will continue today. Sorry for the inconvenience. I will probably take it offline for a while, but it will be up before the game against the Mets.