TCR Tuesday Notes
Some stuff I've been meaning to mention...
- Scout.com's top 5 hitting prospects at the moment...
- Jake Fox
- Josh Harrison
- Tony Thomas
- Brad Snyder
- Rebel Ridling
and on the pitching side...
- Dan McDaniel
- Jose Ascanio
- Ryan Searle
- Chris Archer
- Chris Carpenter
- This article is a couple weeks old, but Craig Brown has figured out what is wrong wtih Derrek Lee from the comfort of his computer. While the data he presents courtesy of Fangraphs is interesting in of itself, you have to love the conclusion he conjured up.
For starters, he needs to lay off all pitches outside the strike zone
and focus only on those pitches that are over the plate - the pitches
where he can actually accomplish something productive. Then, he needs
to concentrate on making solid contact.
So swing at strikes Derrek and make sure it's good contact when you do swing...a hitting coach in the making.
- Most of you have probably seen this one already, but History Channel did some morose show about life on Earth after all the people died. They imagined what would happen to Wrigley Field in the process.
- Joe Aiello at VFTB is asking Cubs fans to fill out his "Cubs Confidence Survey".
- Want all your Cubs news in one place (or any other team?), try Baseball Tribune.
I'm the man with the beard, names Arietta
Pitches hitting harder than a Beretta
I'm the modern day Bob Gibson, make hitters see crimson
So all you listen, I'm on a mission to get us in the position
To bring to Chicago something rarer than a black truffle
When me and my crew do the World Series Shuffle
It will be a tough night for hitters -- temps probably in the high 40s at Wrigley, with a breeze blowing in. Probably a good time to have Kyle going.
Use the edit button -- that last line should read "World Series Shuffle".
World Series Shuffle?
This team even has rap prospects!
If you look at the FIP and xFIP numbers, the Hendricks vs. Ross matchup doesn't look so bad for the Cubs.
Yeah, Baez got Maddon wanting that D.
That is a fair point. Man this team has crazy depth.
Man, with a 20-6 record, it doesn't seem right to complain about any aspect of this team. What are you expecting? A 26-0 record? I'm not saying that the Cubs are above critique, but I am saying any problems that might exist don't appear to be a major hindrance at the moment. To quote a great philosopher "numbers don't lie, check the scoreboard."
I also recall Joe talking about he liked the way Hendricks matches up on paper against Washington. Assuming it was Joe's doing his Jedi mind tricks thing.
Sergio Mitre??!! LOVE IT!
FREE MATT CLEMENT!
Imagine if Lester would just pitch nine innings every start.