Zambrano Suspended for 6 Games; Cubs Scurry for Pinch-Hitter

As expected, Carlos Zambrano was handed a six game suspension for his antics yesterday. Unlike Milton Bradley, pride isn't an issue for Z as he said he won't bother appealing the suspension and will begin serving it immediately. He'll miss the Dodgers series and the first two games in Atlanta next week. Conveniently the Cubs have an off-day Monday, so some minor rotation juggling and Z should be starting next Thursday in Atlanta.

Comments

If you really wanted to screw around I guess you have him make his starts until the suspension doesn't cover an off day, then retract the appeal, and maybe pitch Lilly on 3 days rest.

Great quote from the video highlight linked,

"That always works."

Hopefully 4 months from now we will be talking about how that play lit a fire under the Cubs on their way to their first WS in a century +.

I endorse this plan.

i like to think the chicken i slaughtered and the 3 candles i burned played much more of a role in recent cubs wins.

all of this could have been avoided 2 weeks ago if lou would have just patted more butts and kicked dirt on an umpire. what are they paying this guy for? i don't have enough candles to burn for good luck every time this asshat does something counter-productive.

If and when we're saying that, I'll be thinking in the back of my mind "what a load of mularkey", but I sure won't argue about it.

Lou's dipshittedness cost us the game Monday, though.

LF Soriano, SS Theriot, RF Bradley, 1B Lee, CF Johnson, C Soto, 3B Fontenot, 2B Blanco, P Wells.

which side of the plate will Blanco hit from with the curveball throwing Wolf on the mound?

HE'S GONNA STAND RIGHT IN THE FUCKING MIDDLE, ROB!! THAT'S HOW YOU HIT A WOLF!!

I was going to guess Pulp Fiction reference at first, but that's not right. You got me.

I WRITE MY OWN SHIT!

my bad...

Scales back up...

yeesh...freel on that chad fox plan.

Lou on pregame:

Trammell is working with Fox at 3B and he's not quite ready yet. He said it may not be pretty but he will get the job done.

TCR Translation: Expect him to start at 3B in Atlanta

Been looking forward to the game all day.. not much to do on my day off... aaaand it's on WCIU. Don't get MLBN. Fuck my life.

you should have invited your girlfriend back in..

EPIC FAIL

Conveniently, I do get MLB network here in northern Indiana. However, MLBN is showing Tigers @ Orioles. If this is the same blackout BS I've fucking had it with baseball. Fucking stupid. Serously, they're talking about the 2008 Orioles yearbook - fuck that

Fox on wgn radio pregame interview:

Me play hard, me have fun...

More Jake Fox:

Q: what are the challenges you are having to meet while practicing at 3B

A: it's about getting the job done, catching the ball, getting the win.

only top 20 picks, but one guy briefly mentioned w/ the Cubs in RHP Eric Arnett is at #18 in this one.

pretty much sums up my feelings

• You mean Yankees?

QuietMan 3 hours 9 min ago view
  • Cards lose!

Arizona Phil 3 hours 35 min ago view

• I just prefer they don't  acquire players that choke their wives/girlfriends.

• I'd prefer it not happen too.

• Still don't want. Kinda hope they can't work out the extension.

• obviously not, and I'm sure they did their homework...just hope they have some better answers than the Yankees

• Chapman 12+ Career WAR. Currently 4.7:1 k-BB. With Rondon/Chapman/Strop/Nathan/Montgomery/Wood...Its the best pen I can recall other than Sutter or Lee Smith handling things themselves.

Its gonna suck if he gets injured, and it appears he's not the greatest of characters.

But, he'll have another Cuban to hang out with on the team.

• I agree with the names you mention but there are lots of names being tossed around still and there's that small matter of Chapman agreeing to the extension.