Game 61 Recap: Cubs 0, Pale Hosers 0, Rain 1
- ach mutti, es regnet.
- Ozzie Guillen is talking about rats.
- LouPa on Von Joshua: "He's got some work to do."
- LouPa is Not a Dragon.
- LouPa has enough problems handling the Chicago Cubs
- LouPa is not a specialist on steroids.
- LouPa wouldn't know a steroid from a reefer.
- Crunch wants to have Carlos's babies.
- we make No Cheaters take a pee-test.
- What are we apologizing for?
- LouPa's New Hat.
- Soriano is Leading Off!!
- LouPa Is Not:
- a member of Devo
- Ryno needs to change.
- and he should start with his haircut.
- Carlos wins at Gay Chicken.
Cubs record in games recapped on the new, functioning computer moves to 1 Rainout.
video of Maddon.
I'm sure some luck is involved too, but the Cubs and Maddon knew what they were doing.
If all the starters have FIP > ERA, is that luck or good defense?
#Cubs plummet to 19-5 in August.
Fun with FIP
- J. Hammel 3.07 ERA/4.27 FIP (3.68 FIP last year)
- J. Arrieta 2.62 ERA/3.05 FIP (2.35 FIP last year)
- J. Lester 2.81 ERA/3.67 FIP (2.92 FIP last year)
- K. Hendricks 2.19 ERA/3.37 FIP (3.36 FIP last year)
- J. Lackey 3.41 ERA/3.72 FIP (3.57 FIP last year with Cards)
zastyryzryzryzny put in 3.2ip 1h 0bb 3k
JD's take was just trying to get in a lefty to better deal with mostly lefty Dodgers lineup.
Maybe he was trying to spare him another brutal road start? NY, Colorado...
joe got a pitcher up for hammel at nearly the 1st sign of trouble in the 3rd...pulled after 2.1
not injured and though it wasn't his day so far he wasn't looking like a pure disaster.
really short leash on him. zastryznzryzryny in.
Classic Scully - great stuff.
Thank God we'll still have Hawk next season. (cricket cricket cricket)
Here's Scully's call on Bryant's 10th-inning homer:
"And it's a long fly ball, a mean fly ball, and a gone fly ball."
When the Cubs were the old, hundred-year Cubs, one bad hop did not undo their opponents.
If only he was clutcher. More clutcher.
cubs win...bryant with 7HR in his last 8 games.