TCR Upgrade over the Thanksgiving Break

There's going to be an upgrade done to the site sometime over the weekend, so apologies if it's down when you try to escape your in-laws . This could last anywhere from late Thursday night through Sunday(the upgrade and avoiding your in-laws) and I'm sure it's a guarantee that the Cubs will pull off some big news event just to mess with me.

See everyone on the other side and enjoy the holiday break.

Tags:

Comments

Bruce Levine broke in ESPN 1000 with a 4 team trade involving Cubs, White Sox, Yankees and Blue Jays the Cubs get #&@(( @)*$++_!?>>>>...........

"Hello, Noah. This is God.
Right.
I want you to build an Ark.
Righ-hh-t.
It's going to rain for 40 days and 40 nights.
R-i-g-h-t.
And after that, I want you to build a World Series Championship team for the North Side of Chicago.
R-r-r-r......i-g-h--t."

Happy Thanksgiving!

"Hello, Noah. This is God.
Right.
I want you to build an Ark.
Righ-hh-t...wait, isn't this an Egyptian folk tale?
Umm...well, they didn't write it down.
Actually, there has been a copy of this story found in the ruins of Alexandria
R-r-r-r......i-g-h--t.
Build your own damn boat...and gimmie some of those private stash apples...and a rib woman.
R-r-r-r......i-g-h--t."

So you're saying it must be true because two different religions recorded the same event (and more if you count the Epic of Gilgamesh)?

----
not only do we get Halliday (and he agrees to a 3 yr deal) but the deal saves us enuf with Bradley and Sori off the books to get Holiday too.

When Levine started splainin' how Hendry pulled that off he...

(warning: system going down for 3 days of upgrading)

Happy halliday and good turkeying everyone.

• The hot start was nice, but it won't always come easy. It's nice to see them have to work for it every once in a while.

Ryno 1 hour 39 min ago view
  • Hey, AZ, are you as high on DJ Wilson as your pal John Arguello is?

Old and Blue 1 hour 56 min ago view
  • Phil, I just wanted to say thank you for diligently tracking the Cubs prospects in extended spring training and sharing your knowledge with us. It's remarkable how you're able to keep box scores for multiple games at once. I, and I'm sure others here, appreciate the data and insight you provide for us.

K Dub 4 hours 50 min ago view
  • Thanks PHIL.

Boy, that is a nifty K:BB ratio Hudson has going at almost 4:1!

I hope he continues improving.

• And of course the Bucs won again playing AZ (not PHIL). They dont seem to have a problem yet with the bottom feeders.

They picked up 3 games this last week.

I'm looking forward to them coming to the Chi.

• Don't mess with the SI jinx. Since the Javy/Cubs cover came out, he is 2-for-20 with no walks.

• BRADSBEARD: If all three are assigned to Eugene, the Cubs can play Galindo, Paredes, and Paniagua at the same time by moving Paredes between SS-3B-DH, Galindo between 3B-1B-DH, and Paniagua between 1B-LF-DH.

The Cubs like to have their players (including their minor leaguers) learn to play more than one position even if they eventually are projected to settle at one spot, and I suspect that will be reflected at Eugene, with just about everybody who will be assigned there able to play at least two positions.

Arizona Phil 11 hours 46 min ago view
  • Thanks - at least the scorer was consistent

Eric S 12 hours 48 sec ago view
  • I don't think the error call was completely out of the blue but the ball took a very bad hop and would have taken a very good play to get it. Same with one of the Stella throws where I think it could have easily been ruled a hit. Neither were cut and dry calls though imo.

• chased a high fastball...

I think his BABIP during his run has been around .950

• Great stuff CubbyBlue!!! I think it inspired today's six spot as well.

Eric S 12 hours 49 min ago view
  • That's all fine and good, but I think it's short-changing the Arrieta-like affect of his beard

Eric S 12 hours 53 min ago view
  • Was the error scored on Zobrist's third ab ruled correctly? Ron was saying that it was a pretty tough chance for the fielder

Eric S 13 hours 2 min ago view
  • Did anybody see that Zobrist strikeout?

That was extremely disappointing.

• Strangest win of the year, and one of the sweetest. Twice I thought it was easily in the bag, then after the first 2 hitters in the 9th I thought all was lost. Big game for Grimm, Strop & Rondon. But, man, those Cards can hit for power.

• Very satisfying, gut-check win today. The beers on the trip back to Chicago are going to taste fantastic.

Eric S 15 hours 29 min ago view