TCR Upgrade over the Thanksgiving Break

There's going to be an upgrade done to the site sometime over the weekend, so apologies if it's down when you try to escape your in-laws . This could last anywhere from late Thursday night through Sunday(the upgrade and avoiding your in-laws) and I'm sure it's a guarantee that the Cubs will pull off some big news event just to mess with me.

See everyone on the other side and enjoy the holiday break.

Tags:

Comments

Bruce Levine broke in ESPN 1000 with a 4 team trade involving Cubs, White Sox, Yankees and Blue Jays the Cubs get #&@(( @)*$++_!?>>>>...........

"Hello, Noah. This is God.
Right.
I want you to build an Ark.
Righ-hh-t.
It's going to rain for 40 days and 40 nights.
R-i-g-h-t.
And after that, I want you to build a World Series Championship team for the North Side of Chicago.
R-r-r-r......i-g-h--t."

Happy Thanksgiving!

"Hello, Noah. This is God.
Right.
I want you to build an Ark.
Righ-hh-t...wait, isn't this an Egyptian folk tale?
Umm...well, they didn't write it down.
Actually, there has been a copy of this story found in the ruins of Alexandria
R-r-r-r......i-g-h--t.
Build your own damn boat...and gimmie some of those private stash apples...and a rib woman.
R-r-r-r......i-g-h--t."

So you're saying it must be true because two different religions recorded the same event (and more if you count the Epic of Gilgamesh)?

----
not only do we get Halliday (and he agrees to a 3 yr deal) but the deal saves us enuf with Bradley and Sori off the books to get Holiday too.

When Levine started splainin' how Hendry pulled that off he...

(warning: system going down for 3 days of upgrading)

Happy halliday and good turkeying everyone.

• j.buchanan with a nice start...5ip 2h 1bb 3k, 0r/er

zobrist with 2HR and a double through 8

heyward 0-4 :(

crunch 1 hour 55 min ago view
  • Mark Gonzales @MDGonzales

Soler likely to return Sunday, Maddon says

• Right now, I'd like to see the Mets first, Giants 2nd.

I believe that since most of the team from last years' NLCS is on the squad this year, they will really amp their game up even more to kick their ass in payback for 2015.

The Giants just do not have the depth in years past, and I think all things equal - and at Wrigley - they could handle them.

I do not want to see the Cards, period. Or their fans, media, or Joe Buck.

• I don't want to play Braves in the first round. Any friggin team in the league can win 3 of 5..I hate the first round. Furthermore, I wanted to play the Marlins in 2003 and the Mets over Dodgers last year.

With that said in reverse order:
    3. Cardinals: It will be devastating to lose in the first round, but even worse to their main rival. It is increased incentive for the Cardinals, especially after last year. Cards would have nothing to lose, Cubs have everything to lose.

2. Giants: Rotation in the playoffs scare me a bit, but what a lousy team.

blockhead25 5 hours 35 min ago view
  • 1. Mets--because of the losses in the rotation
    2. Giants--because they're not the team they were BUT they maybe have bullshit even-year magic?
    3. Cardinals--because rivalry and not making the playoffs hurts them more than losing in the NLDS plus getting eliminated by them in the playoffs would make for horrible sports commentary next throughout next season.

• Who's asking?

jacos 7 hours 20 min ago view
  • #TeamEntropy

CLE/DET rained out last night already, possible rain-outs in New York (vs. Baltimore), Boston(vs. Toronto) and Philly(vs. Mets) this weekend too.

Not only games involving playoff spots that would need to be played, but any that involve home field advantage.

• I got the first one! Second one I'm not even sure what even/odd betting is.

• any opponent preference for NLDS?

Mets are down to 1 great pitcher instead of 4. Syndegaard may pitch Sunday which means if Mets win the WC game, he'd be set up for Game 1. There's a chance they clinch a spot by Sunday so he'd pitch the WC and then we'd probably get Colon for Game 1. They've certainly had the hottest bats over the last week and month out of the WC options.

• Rob Richardson 13 hours 42 min ago view
  • Can't teach height and thinness

jacos 15 hours 37 min ago view
  • Hopefully Pirates don't call up A. Lincoln.

jacos 1 day 1 hour ago view
  • j.buchanan going friday...should be...baseball...or something like it.

crunch 1 day 1 hour ago view
  • Wow. I didn't know they could do that.

Nice for Willson, not so much for Addy.

billybucks 1 day 1 hour ago view
  • Game is officially called...also officially a tie.

Stats count, no make-up date of course.

Rob G. 1 day 1 hour ago view
  • Yeah -- seeing the weather -- I hope KB and Rizz are inside, wrapped in blankets and drinking hot chocolate.

billybucks 1 day 2 hours ago view