Cubs Turn Tables on Angels at Diablo Park
Bobby Wagner lined a two-out RBI single to right to drive-in the tying run in the top of the 7th, and then Arismendy Alcantara and Vismeldy Bieneme stroked consecutive RBI singles in the top of the 8th to give the Cubs a two-run lead, as the EXST Cubs defeated the EXST Angels 3-1 in Cactus League Extended Spring Training action at Diablo Park Field #3 at the Tempe Buttes this morning.
LHP John Mincone tossed 3.1 IP of shutout ball (throwing just 39 pitches in the process), allowing two baserunners (both singles). Over his past six outings (covering 18.2 IP), Mincone has allowed four runs (three earned) on 11 hits and two walks, with 12 strikeouts, a 1.45 ERA, 0.70 WHIP, and .169 OBA.
RHP Rogelio Carmona worked out of a bases-loaded jam (of his own making) in the bottom of the 9th to preserve the victory.
Here is today’s abridged box score (Cubs players only):
1. Vismeldy Bieneme, 2B: 2-3 (1B, BB, 6-3, 1B, RBI)
2. Alvaro Ramirez, CF: 0-3 (3-U SH, K, P-4, 5-3 GIDP)
3. Jesus Morelli, RF: 1-3 (3-U, 1B, HBP, K, R, SB)
4. Xavier Batista, DH #1: 0-4 (K, 4-3 GIDP, K, K)
5. Bobby Wagner, DH #2: 2-4 (K, K, 1B, 1B, RBI)
6. Runey Davis, LF: 1-4 (5-3, K, 4-3, 2B)
7. George Matheus, 3B: 1-3 (F-8, 1B, F-9)
8. Albert Hernandez, 1B: 1-3 (3-1, K, 1B, R)
9a. Carlos Romero, C: 0-2 (F-9, 1-3)
9b. Luis Flores, C: 1-1 (1B, R)
10a. Wes Darvill, SS: 0-2 (F-8, 1-3)
10b. Arismendy Alcantara, PH-SS: 1-1 (1B, RBI)
1. Marcus Hatley – 1.1 IP, 2 H, 1 R (1 ER), 0 BB, 2 K, 2 HBP, 0/1 GO/FO, 31 pitches (17 strikes)
2. John Mincone – 3.2 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 2 K, 1 GIDP, 5/4 GO/FO, 39 pitches (25 strikes)
3. Jose Rosario - 2.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 1 K, 1 GIDP, 3/2 GO/FO, 29 pitches (18 strikes)
4. Jesse Ginley - 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 0 K, 1/1 GO/FO, 14 pitches (6 strikes)
5. Rogelio Carmona - 1.0 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 1 K, 0/2 GO/FO, 21 pitches (11 strikes)
1. CF Alvaro Ramirez E-8 (dropped line drive in CF allowing batter to reach base safely – did not score)
2. SS Wes Darvill E-6 (throwing error allowed batter to reach base safely – did not score
Luis Flores: 1-1 CS
BASERUNNING MISADVENTURES: Runey Davis was thrown out 9-4-5 trying to stretch a double into a triple with two outs in the top of the 9th, so that what would have been the Cubs 4th run did not count because Davis was thrown out at 3rd base before baserunner Bobby Wagner crossed home plate.
WEATHER: Sunny and cloudless with temperatures in the 80’s
FYI, formatting of the web page is weird.
Now who can argue with that? I think we're all indebted to Gabby Johnson for clearly stating what needed to be said. I'm particularly glad that these lovely children were here today to hear that speech. Not only was it authentic frontier gibberish, it expressed a courage little seen in this day and age.
White Sox new stadium name w apropos logo
it was between that and "more like the CRUNCH REALLY EARLY AM REPORTER because i'm gonna c.r.e.am all over this place."
i chose the classy route.
This picture is everything.
that was the 2nd greatest piece of performance art since Donald Trump's campaign
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good shit go౦ԁ sHit👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌shit right👌👌there👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯 i say so 💯 thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌👌🎩👓🎩👍🎩👓🎩👍🎩 euphoric logic !euphoric loGic👌 thats ✔ some euphoric👌💻 logic right👌💻there👌👍👌 Carl 🔭 Sagan🌌💫if i do ƽaү so gentlemen 💯 i say so 💯 thats euPhoric logic right there Richard 📒 Dawkins🎩 (chorus: socrates died for this shit) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👓👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌🎩 👌 💯 👌 👓🎩🎩🎩 👍👌euphoric logic slam me the FUCK uP 👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 john cena JOhN cEna
You can start the CRUNCH EARLY AM REPORTER. Then you can blog to yourself, and argue with yourself about Jon Lester.
my current job has me coming in at 7am (eastern)...i miss staying up til 2am to watch west coast games.
Remember when west coast road trips were a good time to catch up on some reading?
Taboola field is more appropriate.
we can only hope...
The things you have to do to pay for James Shields contract.
I wonder if they'll have to make use of the Guaranteed Rate logo, which is a giant red arrow pointing downward.
unsurprisingly, the White Sox continue a tradition of stupid stuff....
@DannyEcker BREAKING: Guaranteed Rate has purchased naming rights to U.S. Cellular Field. Will be known as Guaranteed Rate Field thru 2030.
that was a very kind 3rd strike to hendricks to end the 3rd.
man on 3rd, 0 outs and got 2 pop-ups and a K...Maddux-lite indeed