A Cub Fan's Blessings & Wishes
As the holidays draw near it's time to start making lists. Even in the wake of seasons as lackluster as 2010 there are things to be grateful for. Take, for instance, the following:
1. The Cubs still don't have a mascot.
2. Most of the seats at Wrigley Field are still unobstructed.
3. Most of the events staged there are still baseball games.
4. Ron Santo still works there.
5. The scoreboard is still [literally] alive.
6. The Triple A team still plays where I live.
7. We're out from under Rothschild's contract & burdensome last name.
8. All of the other contracts are a year older.
9. Cubs are undefeated & unbeatable for another four-plus months.
10. Sunshine is a known cure for Ricketts.
Enough with Thanksgiving. What about a Christmas list?
1. A .648 winning % [aka, 24 -13].
2. A bullpen made up of one year contracts.
3. An honest year's work out of Zambrano.
4. A decent year's work out of Soriano.
5. Above average grades for the sophomore C's.
6. Another home[y] for Fukodome?
7. Hi-ho Silva! Away?
8. A pulse for Len; a muzzle for Bob.
9. A new sweater for Pat; a clue for Ron.
10. A once-in-a-lifetime season for all of us!
R Soriano now released by Cubs after prior DFA.
@BruceMiles2112: #Cubs Saturday: Fowler CF, Jackson RF, Bryant LF, Rizzo 1B, Baez 3B, Castro 2B, Ross C, Arrieta P, Russell SS
You are so right. He, Rosenbloom, and you can't forget Rick Bayless' brother.
What a bunch of negative boob journalists. As "columnists" their job is to write their opinions.
But, I stopped listening and reading their trash long ago.
Awesome. If WAS went 22-6 the rest of the way, AND somehow managed to not pass the Mets doing it, the Cubs only need to go 16-13 to get the 2nd Wild Card.
And on the 6th day, He pitches again.
Who else would be appropriate to pitch the day after Godly?
Oh my Lord, Bernie Lincicome is back? He was sport print journalism's first real troll that I remember, long before Rosenbloom started wasting space with his columns.
The more I read about Arrieta, the more I suspect he is not going to be satisfied with a no hitter unless it is followed by another.
SF loses their 7th in a row (ow).
WAS is now #1 on the heels of the cubs at 7.5 games back.
Even when logically I know I should root for the Cardinals, I cannot. I think it's worse than the Packers thing. I think it's literally the worst thing.
Kinda weird stat -- the NL has 5 teams that are at least 20 games under -- it was 6 before the Brewers swept the Pirates -- and there are none in the AL. Oakland has the worst record in the AL at 18 under. Hunh.
Jon Lester scored his first career run today. And his 2nd. Now I see why hit bats 8th.
Every Cub starter has scored at least one run so far today, Russell leading the way with 3
Anybody with an over/under on the Cubs getting to 30 runs today?
JD pointing to Javy's minimal leg kick on that blast.
Send bullpen home go get your complete game Lester
Javy with 3 hits, including a home run, and a walk.