A Cub Fan's Blessings & Wishes
As the holidays draw near it's time to start making lists. Even in the wake of seasons as lackluster as 2010 there are things to be grateful for. Take, for instance, the following:
1. The Cubs still don't have a mascot.
2. Most of the seats at Wrigley Field are still unobstructed.
3. Most of the events staged there are still baseball games.
4. Ron Santo still works there.
5. The scoreboard is still [literally] alive.
6. The Triple A team still plays where I live.
7. We're out from under Rothschild's contract & burdensome last name.
8. All of the other contracts are a year older.
9. Cubs are undefeated & unbeatable for another four-plus months.
10. Sunshine is a known cure for Ricketts.
Enough with Thanksgiving. What about a Christmas list?
1. A .648 winning % [aka, 24 -13].
2. A bullpen made up of one year contracts.
3. An honest year's work out of Zambrano.
4. A decent year's work out of Soriano.
5. Above average grades for the sophomore C's.
6. Another home[y] for Fukodome?
7. Hi-ho Silva! Away?
8. A pulse for Len; a muzzle for Bob.
9. A new sweater for Pat; a clue for Ron.
10. A once-in-a-lifetime season for all of us!
Thanks Phil, I had the Salt River chart, but based on that, it looks like they hardly play and was not on the Surprise on 9/28...I assume they do not really want fans there anyway? Do you know if they play today, Friday or Sat? Sorry to be a pain, but I am only here until Sunday.
John Arguello at Cubs Den with observations & photos from Tuesday's Cubs instructs intrasquad game:
Guess which one is Vogelberg
" . . . when he signed Edwin Jackson?"
Steven Matz to undergo “imminent” elbow surgery.
Just scroll by.
Pitchers are golfers
Getting tired of the caddy catcher excuse
Oh my! Cards down 2-1 to Reds in the bottom of the 9th -- get a leadoff triple -- and don't score!
Dear Baseball Gods--
My trip to Chicago has nothing whatsoever to do with the Cubs. In actuality, I am a Red Sox fan.