A Cub Fan's Blessings & Wishes
As the holidays draw near it's time to start making lists. Even in the wake of seasons as lackluster as 2010 there are things to be grateful for. Take, for instance, the following:
1. The Cubs still don't have a mascot.
2. Most of the seats at Wrigley Field are still unobstructed.
3. Most of the events staged there are still baseball games.
4. Ron Santo still works there.
5. The scoreboard is still [literally] alive.
6. The Triple A team still plays where I live.
7. We're out from under Rothschild's contract & burdensome last name.
8. All of the other contracts are a year older.
9. Cubs are undefeated & unbeatable for another four-plus months.
10. Sunshine is a known cure for Ricketts.
Enough with Thanksgiving. What about a Christmas list?
1. A .648 winning % [aka, 24 -13].
2. A bullpen made up of one year contracts.
3. An honest year's work out of Zambrano.
4. A decent year's work out of Soriano.
5. Above average grades for the sophomore C's.
6. Another home[y] for Fukodome?
7. Hi-ho Silva! Away?
8. A pulse for Len; a muzzle for Bob.
9. A new sweater for Pat; a clue for Ron.
10. A once-in-a-lifetime season for all of us!
I'm longing for a Neifi sighting.
TBS, TNT, ESPN 1+2, etc...100% legal.
68 pitches (50 strikes)
love seeing that...especially with the batters doing very little with it.
Yeah, keep him off the playoff roster.
Or, he's looked exactly like Ted Williams.
Lately he hasn't looked like Ted Williams...
Bryant leads NL rookies in HRs (26), RBIs (99), 2B (31) and runs (86). Last rookie to reach 26 HR, 99 RBI, 31 2bs, 86 runs and 74 BBs?
Mark Gonzales @MDGonzales 4m4 minutes ago
Boston’s Ted Williams in 1939
Probably going to a bar/restaurant with TBS. Cord-cutting is so over-rated.
Thanks for the update on Underwood.
I'll take that omen instead...
"oh yeah, and get the fuck off my lawn. :D"
Ok, now that was funny. :)