A Cub Fan's Blessings & Wishes
As the holidays draw near it's time to start making lists. Even in the wake of seasons as lackluster as 2010 there are things to be grateful for. Take, for instance, the following:
1. The Cubs still don't have a mascot.
2. Most of the seats at Wrigley Field are still unobstructed.
3. Most of the events staged there are still baseball games.
4. Ron Santo still works there.
5. The scoreboard is still [literally] alive.
6. The Triple A team still plays where I live.
7. We're out from under Rothschild's contract & burdensome last name.
8. All of the other contracts are a year older.
9. Cubs are undefeated & unbeatable for another four-plus months.
10. Sunshine is a known cure for Ricketts.
Enough with Thanksgiving. What about a Christmas list?
1. A .648 winning % [aka, 24 -13].
2. A bullpen made up of one year contracts.
3. An honest year's work out of Zambrano.
4. A decent year's work out of Soriano.
5. Above average grades for the sophomore C's.
6. Another home[y] for Fukodome?
7. Hi-ho Silva! Away?
8. A pulse for Len; a muzzle for Bob.
9. A new sweater for Pat; a clue for Ron.
10. A once-in-a-lifetime season for all of us!
probably saturday depending on what they do with hammel (assuming friday for ham).
First Cub victory at home this year for me!
Saw all four starters this year
Oh, and Jon Lester? Damn!
Yes. Boating accident at 3AM. Very sad, but stupid. Young men do stupid things.
lester puts 2 on and is taken out at 96 pitches. oh well.
2 out in the 7th, lester at 84 pitches, ross taken out for the standing O.
it's possible contreras will catch lester for another inning+.
Carrie Muskat [email protected]
boston pitching snags a couple of mlb team records...