Carlos Marmol doesn't care about ATM fees any more

Carlos Marmol gets a 3-year, $20 million dollar contract.

I like the deal, but...man, what would that feel like?

"Hey Tim, these blog posts have been AWESOME!
Here's $3.2 million dollars for the rest of the year, and next you'll get 7, and then the year after 9.1 to make it an even Twenty Million Dollars."

Of course we've all been hearing about giant contracts forever, but I haven't read or even thought about, really, what it means to the player except they go buy a house in a 'hood you and I can't afford.

What are the details?
Do they give him a $3.2 million dollar check simply dated 2011?
Or does he get to choose his salary structure, so maybe he gets a $62000 check every week?
(I'd SO go with the direct deposit, Carlos.)
Is his "money guy" also his agent? Or does he use, you know, Edward D. Jones?
"Invest in gold. It never loses it's value!"

Of course you'd buy a car.
Maybe hire a fashion assistant.
Would you give old Michael Jordan a call and say, "Lets play 18!" just to see what losing $100 grand in side bets feels like?
(Just kidding, Mr. Commissioner, Carlos Marmol would never do that.)

Anyway, I'm happy for Carlos and happy for Cub Fans.
I liked him even more when he said that he just didn't like arbitration, didn't want to do it.

So, a $3 fee at an ATM for the privilege of taking my money out of a machine.

Even if I take out an even hundo, I always have to stop and do the math to figure percentages: not good for an art guy.

Uhhhhhh... okay 3 over a hundred equals um.... carry the decimal and subtract 97 plus interest squared by HEY WAIT A MINUTE!
THAT'S 3% OF MY MONEY!

Lucky Carlos.
He NEVER has to do that.

Comments

Not to mention, your bank likely charges you two or three bucks as well, so it's like 6% of your money.

I think players get paid twice a week from Feb to November, based on that thing with the Cubs' releiver who got his money sent to someone else's account a few years back. Also Eyre had no cash flow when he got Maddoff'd.

I had a couple of old Cubs player's payroll checks from the 70's and yes, TRN is correct, they are (or at least were then) paid like everyone else, on the 1st and 15th of the month.

here's the latest poop...

Brian Schlitter released by Yankees (for Andruw Jones) and claimed by the Phillies

the Stevie Eyre circle is complete!

gotta love the Lakewood Blueclaws (once the Cape Fear Crocs), get yer "Got Crabs" tee shirt at their online store

No need for this really? Might as well have gone year to year with the guy.

pretty much sums up my feelings

• You mean Yankees?

QuietMan 3 hours 30 min ago view
  • Cards lose!

Arizona Phil 3 hours 55 min ago view

• I just prefer they don't  acquire players that choke their wives/girlfriends.

• I'd prefer it not happen too.

• Still don't want. Kinda hope they can't work out the extension.

• obviously not, and I'm sure they did their homework...just hope they have some better answers than the Yankees

• Chapman 12+ Career WAR. Currently 4.7:1 k-BB. With Rondon/Chapman/Strop/Nathan/Montgomery/Wood...Its the best pen I can recall other than Sutter or Lee Smith handling things themselves.

Its gonna suck if he gets injured, and it appears he's not the greatest of characters.

But, he'll have another Cuban to hang out with on the team.

• I agree with the names you mention but there are lots of names being tossed around still and there's that small matter of Chapman agreeing to the extension.